It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Just calculated my year end stats. Got out 40 times for 18 holes, 6 times for 9 holes and 10 times for tournaments/events.

Average score based on 36 scores I submitted to handicap system was 78.4

Stats below are for the 46 times I kept my own score.

I hit 43.36% of fairways ( need closer to 55% )
I hit 51.03% of greens ( need closer to 60% or better )
I averaged 32.04 putts a round ( need closer to 30 )
My scramble percentage was 47.88% ( tough to calculate what qualified, usually anything within 25 yaqrds of green )
Sand save percentage was 32% ( need closer to 50% )

41 total 3 putts averaged out to under one a round which is good I guess. I had 3 rounds with three of them and one with 4!
76 total birdies this season and one eagle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I narrowed my irons for next year down to Mizuno JPX-850 and the Srixon Z355, but the Z545 looks damn sweet. The whole Srixon 2016 line is impressive.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Chilly tomorrow, but playing Ravisloe at 8:15. I would have loved to have gotten out this past week, but with the new puppy its hard to leave her alone for more than just a little while outside of work. Hoping that this isn't the final round of the year, but have to have it in the back of my head that it might be. I haven't swung a club in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping for just a decent score on what can be a pretty tough track. I might end up playing in Disney World the first week of December, but outside of that not sure how much golf is left until the spring.

Overall its been a wildly inconsistent season for me. Good rounds and bad rounds, but for the most part I have had a good 9 and bad 9 almost every round I played. Oh well, such is life with this stupid game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would have loved to have gotten out this past week, but with the new puppy its hard to leave her alone for more than just a little while outside of work.

So, it begins. :lol:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Chilly tomorrow, but playing Ravisloe at 8:15. I would have loved to have gotten out this past week, but with the new puppy its hard to leave her alone for more than just a little while outside of work. Hoping that this isn't the final round of the year, but have to have it in the back of my head that it might be. I haven't swung a club in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping for just a decent score on what can be a pretty tough track. I might end up playing in Disney World the first week of December, but outside of that not sure how much golf is left until the spring.

Overall its been a wildly inconsistent season for me. Good rounds and bad rounds, but for the most part I have had a good 9 and bad 9 almost every round I played. Oh well, such is life with this stupid game.

yea new puppy will put a damper on the golf season. When I got Lionel I went from playing every weekend to basically giving up the game for about 5 years. That's a bit extreme, but you get the drift. The good news for you is that you got her at the right time in terms of golf season. She'll have all winter to grow up a bit and maybe next summer you can leave her alone for long enough to get a round in.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 pm 

shakes wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

yea new puppy will put a damper on the golf season. When I got Lionel I went from playing every weekend to basically giving up the game for about 5 years. That's a bit extreme, but you get the drift. The good news for you is that you got her at the right time in terms of golf season. She'll have all winter to grow up a bit and maybe next summer you can leave her alone for long enough to get a round in.

By then, Mrs. Frank will be preggers, and his clubs will be collecting dust.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

*IF* we have kids, I'll still play a lot of golf. No problems getting up at 415 for feeding/changing, teeing off at sunrise, and getting home by 9.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:10 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
*IF* we have kids, I'll still play a lot of golf. No problems getting up at 415 for feeding/changing, teeing off at sunrise, and getting home by 9.

:lol: Good luck with that plan.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:11 am 
100000 CLUB

We've already talked about it. My wife loves her time alone so she has no problem with me playing 3 or 4 rounds of golf a month.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:14 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

It really is just that easy.
Kids, especially babies, pretty much stick to regular schedules.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Sure they do. Set your clock to them.

Anyway, I hit the HELL out of my (tbones old) driver today. 260, 270+ all but 2 holes. Flew the green 3 times which cost me 6 strokes, flubbed 3 chips which cost me another 3. Shot 43-49 but hit the ball so much better than that score indicates. Had two snowmen and two 7s. Its really been a nice end of the season in how I've hit the ball.

One lost ball, parred the hole, and one biride. Course was in excellent shape. $40 weekends and $30 weekdays. If you are in the south burbs, play Ravisloe before it closes foe the year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:01 am 

Definitely played for the last time on Friday. Was kind of dreading the weather but the sun came out and we teed off shotgun style for the
scramble right at 9 which was surprising. I was playing with three guys that shoot in the 100s so just went into it trying to enjoy the day
and the company. We bogeyed two of the first 6 holes putting us at even par but played the final 12 at -6 so overall we took 7th out of
like 18 teams or something. I believe -12 won and there was no way we were going to get that low.

I hit the ball better than I expected and had two of the best back to back shots on the season which made it worth playing. They have
a par 5 #14 that plays about 560 from the tees we were at and actually over 600 from the tips. I hit a pretty big drive that settled on the
left side short of the out of bounds. From 275 I crushed my best 3 wood of the year and it was heading right for the green. No one could
see up there but I assumed I hit it just short of the green or maybe made a greenside bunker. It must have hit something and bounced
over the bunker in front of the green and settled 20 feet away from the hole. I have never gotten very close to this par 5 in two. The
first guy managed to make the putt for eagle. The bad news was that we didn't sign up for the skins contest otherwise that hole would
have paid us $300. In a strange turn of events and maybe good karma though, all the skins tied and to break the tie the tournament
organizers put all of the scorecards in a pile and drew 3 $100 winners. Our card was one of the drawn winners so hey it was something.
We also got a pumpkin pie and a free round for next year so it was a good ending to the season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sure they do. Set your clock to them.

Anyway, I hit the HELL out of my (tbones old) driver today. 260, 270+ all but 2 holes. Flew the green 3 times which cost me 6 strokes, flubbed 3 chips which cost me another 3. Shot 43-49 but hit the ball so much better than that score indicates. Had two snowmen and two 7s. Its really been a nice end of the season in how I've hit the ball.

One lost ball, parred the hole, and one biride. Course was in excellent shape. $40 weekends and $30 weekdays. If you are in the south burbs, play Ravisloe before it closes foe the year.
One step forward, two steps back. Had a real early day with work on Weds, so went out and played Gleneagles Red, and put up a 98. Pretty brutal. No warmup at all, just went to the tee and started which I knew would goof things up but even after I got loose I still could do much right unless I had the driver in my hands. Probably played a total of 30-32 holes (used 2 balls at times), had 6 three putts, 2 lost balls, flubbed 5 or 6 chips, and only hit 4 GIR. Once I got warmed up, I hit the driver fairly well, but not as good as last weekend. Just not a good day, and this is now back to back pretty disappointing golf seasons....although this year was mildly better than last year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 am 

The weekend looks promising. Probably going to play both days. Raiders/Vikings on national TV Sunday afternoon. Giddyup.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
The weekend looks promising. Probably going to play both days. Raiders/Vikings on national TV Sunday afternoon. Giddyup.

I am going up to Lambeau Sunday, but it looks to be a great day to play.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 am 

87 at Chevy Chase yesterday. Played from 6600 yds. at 54 degrees with near perfect course conditions. GLORIOUS!

As a side note, I have been playing the Maxfli U/3 ball. 3-piece, urethane, lower compression that perfectly fits my game. It was released for Dick's Sporting Goods and being closed out at $15/dozen. Earlier this year Shakes noticed me marking my ball and gave me shit about it, rhetorically asking me why even bother. Well, yesterday I played through a group as a single. They had already teed off and when I got to my ball there was another Maxfli sitting there a few feet away.

So Shakes, I don't know if you are still doing the cleanse, but in case you aren't - eat a dick!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:23 pm 

I am going to Golfsmith this weekend with the hopes of getting fitted for a new set of irons. I am hoping that maybe I can just buy 5-PW and
get a new hybrid to round out the set. Never been fitted for clubs before in my life so should be interesting and I hope that maybe it will
help improve my performance a bit with the right shafts and everything.

Edit - Made a 10am apt with a professional club fitter. Doesn't cost me anything if I buy more than $200 in merchandise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I got fitted for a driver a couple years ago (irons this spring). It's a pretty cool experience.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:15 pm 

Bill Haas plays it as it lies, and absolutely destroys a plant.

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/bill-haa ... -challenge

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 am 

Went in and ordered the clubs I liked and was able to buy 5-PW which is exactly what I wanted as well as chose the shafts and
grips I liked at no additional cost. I honestly expected to have to buy 3-PW so I was ecstatic at that and the whole process
really. Bought a new golf bag with the money I thought I was going to be spending on the 3 and 4 iron. So now all I need
to do is figure out what I am going to get to cover that gap between the driving iron and 5 iron. I'll take my time on that one,
not sure whether to go to a hybrid or find a club shaped more like an iron to cover it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:31 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Went in and ordered the clubs I liked and was able to buy 5-PW which is exactly what I wanted as well as chose the shafts and
grips I liked at no additional cost. I honestly expected to have to buy 3-PW so I was ecstatic at that and the whole process
really. Bought a new golf bag with the money I thought I was going to be spending on the 3 and 4 iron. So now all I need
to do is figure out what I am going to get to cover that gap between the driving iron and 5 iron. I'll take my time on that one,
not sure whether to go to a hybrid or find a club shaped more like an iron to cover it.

What did you end up getting?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:57 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What did you end up getting?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:19 pm 

Nice clubs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Played the back nine at Disney's Lake Buena Vista Course last Saturday.

This was a fun hole...

8:12 tee time here on Thursday. 73 degree hi temp and very low winds.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:11 am 

Clubs arrived yesterday and they look great. I am wondering if I should have ordered a 4 iron now but I'll make it work.
Tempting to find some place to hit them but I'll probably wait until next spring.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Playing with rented clubs is no fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Playing with rented clubs is no fun.

:lol: It can be frustrating. Were the clubs crappy or just that different from what you have?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:19 am 
100000 CLUB

A little of both. The grips were really bad, but the clubs themselves were older Taylor Mades that were pretty decent. Different grass, different clubs, out of practice having not touched a club for around 6 or 7 weeks made for a frustrating round. I think I put up a 98 or 99, I don't remember exactly because the last two holes I just walked up and hit, and whatever happened happened. Great course. The greens, while tough, were in excellent condition and even though the Bermuda grass in Florida is a lot different than what I am used to, I was able to hit out of it really well save for a couple of shots.

The weirdest thing though was the driving range. They had flags out there, but no markings or signs to tell you what distances they were at. There was also an ISLAND GREEN about 100 yards out. Yes, a giant pond in the MIDDLE OF THE DRIVING RANGE...oh, it also spanned the ENTIRE length of the range so there was no avoiding it. So given the freaking water hazard on the range and the fact that I was hitting the clubs different distances than what I am used to, it was pretty much a guess as to what club to use for almost the entire front 9.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:49 am 

I really don't like Bermuda rough, especially around the greens. For the once or maybe twice a year I play on that kind of grass I just hate how
the ball sinks and nestles down into it. It's something you would have to get used to over time and learn how to play those shots I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I really don't like Bermuda rough, especially around the greens. For the once or maybe twice a year I play on that kind of grass I just hate how
the ball sinks and nestles down into it. It's something you would have to get used to over time and learn how to play those shots I guess.

Yep, almost have to play them like a bunker shot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next