It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Weather looks good enough to play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hope some of you guys get out as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I cannot wait for tomorrow we are doing 18. I am only sad I won't have enough time to re grip my putter. I wanted to get a superstroke.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:36 am 

Got out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. One of the two 18 hole courses at my complex has been closed due to flooding on a few holes. They are hoping to open up by end of this coming week. Yesterday we teed off just before 8 and were done by 10:30. Glorious. A lot of plugged and muddy balls but the course overall is very playable. Between the swing changes and new irons this year it's been a bit of a slow start out of the blocks but overall very happy with what I am trying to accomplish and think it will pay big dividends long term. Broke 80 finally yesterday even with 4 three putts so things are trending in a good direction. Managed to hole 3 birdies to help offset the other poor putting. May need to dig in the golf closet for another putter soon. ha ha Also very unhappy with my 3 hybrid so I may replace it or get some kind of similar fairway wood. I think I prefer the hybrid as they are a bit easier to hit off the fairway or rough.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Good start to the year T-Bone.

I got out on Friday and Saturday. Too many doubles but was pretty happy with the ball striking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I too go out on Friday at Lincoln Oaks. Like Tbone mud and plugs was an issue but definitely playable out there. The range was closed, the practice green was closed, so I had zero warm up after not touching the clubs since late September. Played a 2 ball scramble the first 5 holes and didn't keep score on the front. Had three pars and a triple but managed to shoot 45 on the back so I was pretty happy overall. Little chilly to start, but I had my winter hat off by about the 5th hole and the wind stayed down until the last few holes.

I had a few squirrelly shots, but at the end of last year I was swaying and shanking and was just was all over the place. To have some good quality shots with the errors kept to a bare minimum was quite pleasing. Especially considering I had not even been to a range before Friday.

Playing Coyote Run on Thursday morning, and may get out for 9 holes over the weekend. Get out there and enjoy early warm temperatures coming up!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
pittmike wrote:
I cannot wait for tomorrow we are doing 18. I am only sad I won't have enough time to re grip my putter. I wanted to get a superstroke.

I no longer play, so I gave mine away to a kid, but SuperStrokes are awesome. I still give kids lessons on how to read greens, and so still putt, but I am gonna miss the SS this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:35 am 

Pulled the trigger on a new 3 hybrid last night. Just haven't been able to hit my current one and the one I ordered sort of matches the others I have in the bag. If anyone is looking for one, it is a Taylor Made SIM 19 degree 3 Hybrid Stiff shaft. I'd give you a fair price if interested and can ship it to you easily. When you connect with it the thing really goes, I've just found that the Callaway hybrids set up to my eye a bit better and have a deeper face which is helpful to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:55 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Pulled the trigger on a new 3 hybrid last night. Just haven't been able to hit my current one and the one I ordered sort of matches the others I have in the bag. If anyone is looking for one, it is a Taylor Made SIM 19 degree 3 Hybrid Stiff shaft. I'd give you a fair price if interested and can ship it to you easily. When you connect with it the thing really goes, I've just found that the Callaway hybrids set up to my eye a bit better and have a deeper face which is helpful to me.

I probably would take it with a regular shaft but I am sure you can sell it.

I shot pretty well. The cold and green conditions however had the short game in a funk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:17 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I probably would take it with a regular shaft but I am sure you can sell it.

I shot pretty well. The cold and green conditions however had the short game in a funk.

Short game and putting is generally the last thing to come back so don't get frustrated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Short game and putting is generally the last thing to come back so don't get frustrated.
TBone is correct. Condition and speed of the greens can be a total crapshoot at this time of year, and so much of the short game is just feel. At this time of year I tend to look at short game as, "Did I chip/putt better on the back 9 than the front 9? Did I make my 3 and 4 footers?" If the answer is yes, then its been a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:28 am 

Played last Tuesday down in Athens, GA. First time back on the course in 16 months, my shoulder got so bad I didn't want to play. Happy to report, it was pain free. Looking forward to getting back out there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:30 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:

TBone is correct. Condition and speed of the greens can be a total crapshoot at this time of year, and so much of the short game is just feel. At this time of year I tend to look at short game as, "Did I chip/putt better on the back 9 than the front 9? Did I make my 3 and 4 footers?" If the answer is yes, then its been a good day.

That is a good way to think of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:30 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Played last Tuesday down in Athens, GA. First time back on the course in 16 months, my shoulder got so bad I didn't want to play. Happy to report, it was pain free. Looking forward to getting back out there.

Great news Hawger.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:31 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Did you get rotator cuff surgery like I did? Or just heal, therapy etc?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:37 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Did you get rotator cuff surgery like I did? Or just heal, therapy etc?

Just took time off and rested it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Played last Tuesday down in Athens, GA. First time back on the course in 16 months, my Pork shoulder got so bad I didn't want to play. Happy to report, it was pain free. Looking forward to getting back out there.

fixed :)

Good for you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:23 pm 

Thanks Gents, felt good to be back on a course. First time in a while I had missed playing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Thanks Gents, felt good to be back on a course. First time in a while I had missed playing.
A big nothingburger. Nobody cares.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:49 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
A big nothingburger. Nobody cares.

Cuck Coztansa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:37 am 

At this point it appears the rain on Sunday shouldn't effect any golf. Should be done on Sunday morning before it rains too hard. Tomorrow I will have as many rounds in for the year as I did last year by May 1st. New hybrid due to arrive today so great timing there. I may just take the old one to Play It Again and avoid having to ship it to someone online. I'd be lucky if they gave me $40 for it I bet. Sold them MANY clubs over the years. Hope you guys are getting out for a round somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:15 am 

Will be in Monterrey next week leaving for Burbank today. Won’t have time to pick up a club. I will look out at the course and ocean at Pebble. Stop in the gift shop oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:49 am 

pittmike wrote:
Will be in Monterrey next week leaving for Burbank today. Won’t have time to pick up a club. I will look out at the course and ocean at Pebble. Stop in the gift shop oh well.

Still looking forward to hearing about the experience as I've never been close. Had a work trip to Oakland planned but upper management put the kabosh on it to save some $. I was hoping to take a side trip down there to check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:15 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Still looking forward to hearing about the experience as I've never been close. Had a work trip to Oakland planned but upper management put the kabosh on it to save some $. I was hoping to take a side trip down there to check it out.

I’ll update. If I remember my hosting password or make a new account I’ll post pics.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Good luck, Mike.

I may actually go out and hit some balls tomorrow for the first time this year :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:55 am 

Enjoyed the weather and golf Saturday. I could have played by myself yesterday in the cold and rain but decided against it. Looking like more typical spring weather the next 10 plus days. Hit the ball really well but can’t score too well with 35 putts. Greens were punched so that didn’t help but I hit 15 greens which is about as many as I can remember in a while. Really set myself up for success with 9 fairways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

I played Thursday and while the course was in fine shape and pace of play was wonderful, my swaying and shanks returned with a vengeance. Started bogey, par, par, then a triple but rebounded with another par so I was feeling pretty good. Then outside of a hole here and there the wheels fell off and I needed to drain about a 7' bogey putt on 18 to keep in double digits. I wish I knew how to fix these issues because it becomes a real drag.

Playing on Sunday which looks to be a bit of a chilly round, but hopefully some better golf is to be played.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:38 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I played Thursday and while the course was in fine shape and pace of play was wonderful, my swaying and shanks returned with a vengeance. Started bogey, par, par, then a triple but rebounded with another par so I was feeling pretty good. Then outside of a hole here and there the wheels fell off and I needed to drain about a 7' bogey putt on 18 to keep in double digits. I wish I knew how to fix these issues because it becomes a real drag.

Playing on Sunday which looks to be a bit of a chilly round, but hopefully some better golf is to be played.

how to get rid of the shanks or were there a few issues?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm tending to sway rather than turn which of course leads to all sorts of issues. I think my stance may have been a bit too wide which would lead to not being able to turn. Its generally on full shots. I pitched very well and only had one 3 putt so my short game definitely saved me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:44 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

The new 3 hybrid showed up Friday and got it in the bag for Saturday. Overall it was a nice addition. Ended up pulling it out for 3 shots and hit the ball fairly well. I need to strip the grip off and install a new larger mid size grip. Only have a MCC +4 grip at home. I'd go and buy the right midsized grip but things are a little tight at home so just going to try to build up the grip a little bit by double tape wrapping it underneath. Might make getting the grip on a little tougher but should be able to get it on there and shouldn't be a huge difference on the one club. I can't recommend buying clubs off that Callaway Pre-owned site more than I already have if you have any interest in that brand. Once again I paid just over $150 for a $400 club and it looks brand new. You pay a little less depending on how they rate the condition of the club. I've been nothing but thrilled what I've been getting from them.

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/?g ... gKMffD_BwE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:39 am 

6am tee times begin tomorrow at my place. Should be able to avoid much of the frost but still going to be in the 30s at tee time. Oh well, getting done before 9am will be very nice. Got the grip changed on that hybrid this week and other than trading putters around the next month or so the bag should be set moving forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next