It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Psycory wrote:
I've enjoyed the swearing that has gotten through the delay.

Golfers other than Tiger swear on the course? I had no idea. Do they also fart?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
If Johnson makes this putt, this is an amazing comeback.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Peoria Matt wrote:
If Johnson makes this putt, this is an amazing comeback.

He finally made it. Just two putts too late.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:20 pm 

Holy shit. I feel horrible for him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:50 pm 

As a casual golf watcher, Fox coverage stuck out as really bad and hard to watch. It is so much better on every other channel.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:52 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
I would take great pleasure in gut punching any cocksucker that yells 'get in the hole'. Fucking douchebags.

Bababooey! Bababooey!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:53 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
As a casual golf watcher, Fox coverage stuck out as really bad and hard to watch. It is so much better on every other channel.

Yep. They have a lot of work to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:57 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Yep. They have a lot of work to do.

The little I watched, only showing the top 5 scores was really annoying.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
One of the announcers referred to Oosthuizen as Australian.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:49 pm 

What was with the helicopter-like sound in the background at some of the holes?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 pm 

Zizou wrote:
What was with the helicopter-like sound in the background at some of the holes?

Those were probably the helicopters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:33 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
For their first time the coverage was fine. Of course I'd have preferred hello friends coverage. Every made putt you heard the sound of the ball hitting the cup, they must have had a mic in each hole. That was kind of cool. Losing the ball on too many shots was a low point... It looked like that course is hard to setup for TV though. I felt bad for a few minutes for DJ. But he gets to nail Gretzky's hot daughter so my sorrow was short lived. I kept waiting for Norman to explain how it feels to choke away a major and it took until 30 minutes after the tourney ended to finally get norman being asked about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Interesting week of major championship golf.

Fox -- Announcers were pretty awful. Norman didn't bring as much insight as I thought he would. Pavin was god awful. The rest of the supporting cast were forgettable.
I liked some of the views of the course that the drones provided but that stupid robot thing off the first tee brought nothing to the broadcast. They did have the cup miked
up near the end and I really really enjoyed getting a lot of the chatter between the caddies and players as well as the talk on the 18th green between Day and Johnson before
he 3-jacked his putt. I'd like more of that. THe shot tracker thing is a little hokey after seeing it 4 straight rounds on almost every shot but I like seeing how the guys
try to flight the ball and move it so that didn't bother me as much as other things. They need a lot of improvement on this broadcast.

Chambers Bay and USGA-- I thought the course was a disappointment as far as being baked out and way too much like a British OPen. I know a lot of people had trouble following
the ball or even seeing the hole for that matter. The landscape was very dramatic and made for some ok tv but I just didn't like the way it was set up and I really don't see
it going back there again. The set up did make for some good drama on the back nine.

Actual tournament -- I think the USGA and FOX got what they wanted with one of the more exciting tournaments in years with dramatic camera shots but I think it was at the
expense of some good golf in some cases. I don't think the greens were as bumpy the last day but I'm glad to see them going back to more classic courses in the future. I am
not sure how Erin Hills is going to bear the brunt of criticism as a new course in 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
For the first time ever, I have no desire to play a course that a major was played on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
For me, the guy I was most disappointed in this weekend was Fowler.

I was watching the coverage with my wife and on opening day they showed Fowler walking in from the parking lot to start his tournament with his arm around his hot girlfriend and a big smile on his face. I turned to my wife and said no way he does well this weekend.

When have you ever seen a top athlete show up and walk into an arena arm and arm with his wife, GF or any family? Show up by yourself, focused and ready to compete. have your chick come separately and tell her you will see her at the end of the round.

I knew he was gonna play like shit when he walked in like he was walking the red carpet at the MTV music awards rather than a guy showing up for one of the biggest tournaments of the year.

He needs to take a page from Rory and cut the broad or at least learn how to prioritize his job over shit like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:01 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
For the first time ever, I have no desire to play a course that a major was played on.

A buddy of mine played it last year. I'm gonna ask him if was the same conditions as the US open in terms of the ball just rolling out and back all over the place. IF its like that I would agree with you. No way anyone should play the course under those conditions unless they first let you walk every green in advance or at least give you a caddy that knows every green. Otherwise it would be impossible to play.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
How about Oosthuizen's final 54 holes? He shot 77 on Thursday, but was in the clubhouse, tied for the lead, as the final group teed off on the 72 hole.

77-66-66-67

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:33 pm 

Chus wrote:
How about Oosthuizen's final 54 holes? He shot 77 on Thursday, but was in the clubhouse, tied for the lead, as the final group teed off on the 72 hole.

77-66-66-67

Birdied 5 of the last 6 holes. Probably kicking himself today for how bad he played day 1. same with Rory.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I overally didn't mind the FOX Coverage. I don't mind Joe Buck, but was disappointed in Norman and Pavin. I could have used a bit more swing/hole analysis throughout the tournament. Loved the mics in the holes and some of the aerial shots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
shakes wrote:
For me, the guy I was most disappointed in this weekend was Fowler.

I was watching the coverage with my wife and on opening day they showed Fowler walking in from the parking lot to start his tournament with his arm around his hot girlfriend and a big smile on his face. I turned to my wife and said no way he does well this weekend.

When have you ever seen a top athlete show up and walk into an arena arm and arm with his wife, GF or any family? Show up by yourself, focused and ready to compete. have your chick come separately and tell her you will see her at the end of the round.

I knew he was gonna play like shit when he walked in like he was walking the red carpet at the MTV music awards rather than a guy showing up for one of the biggest tournaments of the year.

He needs to take a page from Rory and cut the broad or at least learn how to prioritize his job over shit like that.

fowler is sergio garcia lite right now (no majors but a good/great golfer).... seems like dressing like an idiot got him some nice endorsement deals, i'm sure he's got plenty of dough

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
If at the British and/or PGA its Sergio and Fowler in the final group, I'll take Fowler 100%. Sergio has some wins under his belt and has had himself a nice career, but fade him every chance you get on the weekends at Majors.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
shakes wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

A buddy of mine played it last year. I'm gonna ask him if was the same conditions as the US open in terms of the ball just rolling out and back all over the place. IF its like that I would agree with you. No way anyone should play the course under those conditions unless they first let you walk every green in advance or at least give you a caddy that knows every green. Otherwise it would be impossible to play.

It's ok for a few holes to have a backstop. Not as many as there though.

What do you think Frank, I mean Cicero Dave?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am 

I heard that there is fertilizer that they use on that course so it doesn't end up looking like it did but the USGA said no dice.