It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Lost 1.5 lbs this past week. Slow and steady wins the race. Down 13.5 lbs since I started the diet on 9/5.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Was at 214 in the Spring and have dropped down to 198. Ran a half marathon this past weekend. Exercise has never been my problem. Caloric intake has always been the issue. I am starting the 5-2 plan now that the half marathon training is done. 5 days of the week, normal caloric intake around 2000 calories per day. And 2 days a week of fasting, consuming around 600 calories per day. I've heard great things about it, so I'll see how it goes after a month or so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 pm 

Things continue to go well with my diet. Down another couple lbs this week. 16.5 lbs total, weighing in at 211.5 now. Started at 228. Trying to get down to 190ish.

Been busting my ass, playing hockey 3x a week including a 5:15 am wake up call on Sundays so I can make it to the 6:25-7:55 skate. really enjoying my Sundays. skate till 8, pick up some bagels etc on the way home. Wife works till 3pm so got the whole house to myself. Take the dog for a walk, settle in and watch tv for a few hours and then retire to the bedroom for my noon nap. Wake up around 3 and then relax on the couch the rest of the day and night.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Couple of weeks into the 2x a week schedule with the trainer. He was out all last week so I did what I could on my own. So easy to
slack off when no one is there and I fell victim to that a bit. I have lost little to no weight, but it is because I really suck at dieting. I
have an app called MyFitnessPal which is really helpful for tracking food/calories and exercise but really haven't been sticking to the
diet after work and the weekends. The good news is that my clothes are fitting better because of the gym work I have been putting in.
Two weeks ago ran 2 miles in 24 minutes which is pretty pathetic but a baseline at least. Yesterday I did it in 22 minutes at a 1.0 incline.
Going to shoot for 3 miles this weekend. I've been down this path a few times so I just want to steadily push forward rather than getting
on the treadmill and trying to pound out a 30 minute 3 mile run and then be in pain and be frustrated the next few days. The gym hasn't
been as dreadful as it has been in the past as long as I go right after work and not get comfortable at home. I went last Saturday at 7am
when they open and knocked out a solid hour of lifting which works best for me. Hopefully I can do a little better with the food and weekends.
I want to feel like I am getting the most out of my investment but I am falling short because of lack of discipline with the grub. Still time to
figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 am 

Only lost half a pound last week, but a loss is a loss so not complaining. Down 17 lbs since I started. Hockey 4x this week so hoping for a bigger loss when I step on the scale Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Playing golf tomorrow (cart).

Probably going to order a pizza on the drive home.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:56 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Playing golf tomorrow (cart).

Probably going to order a pizza on the drive home.

If you were truly committed to excellence you would order a pizza from the golf cart to be delivered on the back 9.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I made the goal of dropping below 200 pounds and the wheels have fallen off. About time to start over.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Started using the MyFitnesspal app. Works great for me. I'm counting calories and paying way more attention to what I'm eating and drinking.

I'm down 22+ pounds for the month of October. Got a long way to go. Getting through the holidays should be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:07 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
Started using the MyFitnesspal app. Works great for me. I'm counting calories and paying way more attention to what I'm eating and drinking.

I'm down 22+ pounds for the month of October. Got a long way to go. Getting through the holidays should be fun.

:shock: Congrats. Yeah I am supposed to be staying at 1900 calories or less. I can easily get to 3-4pm at around 1000 and then
it all goes to hell. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
T-Bone wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

:shock: Congrats. Yeah I am supposed to be staying at 1900 calories or less. I can easily get to 3-4pm at around 1000 and then

Like I said, I've got a long way to go. I got attacked by a buddy's dog the first weekend of Oct, drove to the hospital to get my arm checked out and they weighed me. 175kg...which translates to about 385 :shock: !!!

I started the MFP app the next day. I set it at 2 lbs a week, the max allowed on the app and my final goal of 225lbs. I'm allowed 2,700 calories a day. I've been well under that almost every day. Dinners and booze have been the only trouble...I've cut way back on the booze and junk food.

I discovered that my go to beer at Wrigley, Goose IPA has 320 calories per pint. Fuck that, it's Bud Light for me at games now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Like I said, I've got a long way to go. I got attacked by a buddy's dog the first weekend of Oct, drove to the hospital to get my arm checked out and they weighed me. 175kg...which translates to about 385 :shock: !!!

I started the MFP app the next day. I set it at 2 lbs a week, the max allowed on the app and my final goal of 225lbs. I'm allowed 2,700 calories a day. I've been well under that almost every day. Dinners and booze have been the only trouble...I've cut way back on the booze and junk food.

I discovered that my go to beer at Wrigley, Goose IPA has 320 calories per pint. Fuck that, it's Bud Light for me at games now.

Keep up the good work. I need to ratchet back on the beer, candy and ice cream. Even if I can cut it out and just give myself a six pack on the
weekend that would be a win but it hasn't quite worked out that way quite yet. I'll figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Drive to rural Ohio for meeting. Candy on way there. McD's for late night dinner. PB&J for breakfast at hotel -- free. Taco Bell for lunch and more candy for ride home. This job is literally killing me in a variety of ways.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Drive to rural Ohio for meeting. Candy on way there. McD's for late night dinner. PB&J for breakfast at hotel -- free. Taco Bell for lunch and more candy for ride home. This job is literally killing me in a variety of ways.

Do you have Yelp on your phone? It's a great way to find good places to eat that you normally wouldn't find and you can always find a healthy alternative to fast food.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
shakes wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Do you have Yelp on your phone? It's a great way to find good places to eat that you normally wouldn't find and you can always find a healthy alternative to fast food.

Yeah I often use it when on location and time permits but never while in transit. I want to get where I am going ASAP. I often fly in and out in same day. One time I flew to San Francisco and back in one day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
A few things have helped me one of them being no fast food and no carbonated beverages. It's really not that hard, there are so many fast alternatives to fast food.

I have actually grown sort of fond of the sushi at the Lake Forest Oasis 7-11 :chef: :chef:

EDIT By carbonated beverages I mean soda, etc. NOT Beer. Beer is essential to one's happiness and well-being :drunken:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don't know if its an option for people with famalies cuz you end up buying regular groceries for people who aren't doing it but after I transitioned off that extreme low calorie / ketosis diet and gained back some weight, wife and I have both tried Nutri-System the last month with good results. Ive dropped 10 lbs and am back below 180. Its not crazy expensive , just takes the place of buying regular groceries and the food isnt that bad. It works as long as you stick with it . My wife however, still doesnt look like Marie Osmond. Ill have to look into that.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
T-Bone wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

1500 wasn't too bad to do if I kept away from bread and liquid calories. But I'm pretty good at just not eating. Ive been siting at this weight now for about a month and more in the 2200 a day now. Some days I manage to get a couple pounds below it, other days a little above it. I'm okay with that. Just need to keep away from my kids damn halloween candy because I'm a weak, weak man when it comes to candy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:25 am 

Had a leg workout Thursday. I haven't been able to walk right since. My calves got shredded. Feels like they might finally loosen up today. I've never felt pain in my legs like that and walking like Frankenstein I'm sure has been working other different muscles. Going to probably let my trainer know that we can lay off the legs a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jesus, I am trying to put weight on--after having lost about 45 pounds a few years ago and then realizing that I not only lost fat but any muscle I once had....which wasn't much....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:59 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Had a leg workout Thursday. I haven't been able to walk right since. My calves got shredded. Feels like they might finally loosen up today. I've never felt pain in my legs like that and walking like Frankenstein I'm sure has been working other different muscles. Going to probably let my trainer know that we can lay off the legs a bit.

T-Bone, how expensive is that trainer?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:20 pm 

tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

$30 an hour. Best deal I found anywhere. I belong to a Charter Fitness which is also cheap at $20 a month. I think it's the only one in Wisconsin but there are a lot in IL.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:33 pm 

lost another .8 lbs this week. Was hoping for 2 pounds, but any loss is good. From 228 to 210.4, another 20 to go.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:36 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

$30 an hour. Best deal I found anywhere. I belong to a Charter Fitness which is also cheap at $20 a month. I think it's the only one in Wisconsin but there are a lot in IL.

Gotcha--that's not bad....especially if they are showing you how to do it....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'm trying to lose a little weight too, not sure how much, but always good to lose a little, I'm usually in the 260-270 range.

My question, I always here different things on this, should you work out every day or do different body parts, I have heard you should let your muscles relax, lately I have been doing the exercise bike and lifting 10 pound dumbells at home, like watching music videos on youtube for bike and found a weight lifting guy for exercise on dumbells on youtube.

I probably need to eat better, my doctor told me chicken, fish, and cook it anyway but deep fried. Basically protein, started eating more eggs, but did find a Cheerios protein cereal, the thing I worry about, if try to keep my portions equal, then I start to get a hungry feeling after an hour or 2 or maybe the next day.

Is Subway healthy, probably go out for food more than I should, but am at Subway a lot, usually get oven roasted chicken breast sandwich or turkey sandwich.

Have gotten mostly away from pop, usually drink Milk, some water depends on the day, and unsweet tea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am 

Do have the my fitness pal app, says about 2610 calories for me, the thing not sure, if you don't eat a known place, what to put in when putting in a meal, like say you get a pizza at your local pizza place, you supposed to pick what a national chain says for serving and calories

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 am 

reents wrote:
Do have the my fitness pal app, says about 2610 calories for me, the thing not sure, if you don't eat a known place, what to put in when putting in a meal, like say you get a pizza at your local pizza place, you supposed to pick what a national chain says for serving and calories

Sometimes you just have to give it an educated guess but they have a surprising number of food brands and choices in there to get you in the neighborhood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:40 am 

Decided to push myself on the treadmill last night. I usually lose interest and quit on it after 2 miles. I was determined to finish 3 miles,
which is a distance I hadn't touched in a couple of years. Finished in just under 33 minutes so pretty happy with the progress. Did it
with a 1 incline for half and then 0.5 half incline for the 2nd half. Still not fast by any means but it's progress. Not bad for a fat guy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:38 pm 

Good job T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
reents wrote:
...My question, I always here different things on this, should you work out every day or do different body parts, I have heard you should let your muscles relax, lately I have been doing the exercise bike and lifting 10 pound dumbells at home, like watching music videos on youtube for bike and found a weight lifting guy for exercise on dumbells on youtube......

I vote for not doing the same thing every day. Either your body adapts to what you are doing or you eventually hurt yourself. Change it up each day and take one or two rest days each week.

I run 5 or 6 days each week but try to vary the distance and the terrain (i.e either in the street or on the trail), lift weights 3 times a week, and ride my bike whenever I can. Which means not much this time of year :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next