It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Down 15 lbs as of this morning. Boom!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Congrats! How's the arm coming?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The one plus side to getting horribly sick with montazuma's revenge the last day of vacation? I actually ended up losing weight overall. Down to 198. Probably gonna lose some more since I basically haven't eaten since Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I went to spin for the first time ever with the fiance. Very interesting experience.

a stationary bike with a seat that's insanely uncomfortable thrown into a dark flashing lights EDM club with ray lewis yelling at you.

it is a good workout where you burn a lot of calories so there is that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:28 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I went to spin for the first time ever with the fiance. Very interesting experience.

a stationary bike with a seat that's insanely uncomfortable thrown into a dark flashing lights EDM club with ray lewis yelling at you.

have you seen commercials for the Peleton bike? Looks really cool, you spin at home and can access classes and compete against other riders.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
shakes wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

have you seen commercials for the Peleton bike? Looks really cool, you spin at home and can access classes and compete against other riders.

i would lack the motivation to do it at home. it'd end up as a clothes rack.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

As of this morning, I am down 18 lbs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Congrats! How's the arm coming?

Thanks, Reader.

The hands/arms are gradually improving, but they're still a long way off from where I'd like them to be. I have recently started lifting, though, and I'm doing OK with that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:11 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

That is awesome Midget, however I am very sure I have found your 18 lbs and more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That is awesome Midget, however I am very sure I have found your 18 lbs and more.

All the more delicious pork belly to enjoy, then!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:44 pm 

Down to 197, 21 pounds since I started back in November. Throw in the holidays and 2 vacations one of which was an all inclusive and I think I'm doing pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

I've lost 19 lbs and feel considerably healthier and more energetic than I did when I began working out six weeks ago. The weight is starting to come off a little more slowly now, though, because I am weight training pretty regularly and my muscle mass is definitely increasing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
fell of the running train around Thanksgiving. gained about 10lbs. ran again yesterday. felt pretty good all things considered. took it nice and slow though. problem with running slow is you never get any faster!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Going to crawl back to the gym today after slacking pretty much all of February and going on vacation for a week.
I jogged 1.5 miles Tuesday with my dog and that went ok but need to do more cardio and go back to the weights.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:26 am 
1000 CLUB

As of this morning, I have lost 25 lbs. Still have at least 15 more to go.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:33 am 

Got back into the gym and have hit the treadmill the last 3 days in a row, going tonight. Currently banging out 11 minute miles, so
not setting the world on fire but burning calories. Down 3.5 lbs this week.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:25 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Got back into the gym and have hit the treadmill the last 3 days in a row, going tonight. Currently banging out 11 minute miles, so
not setting the world on fire but burning calories. Down 3.5 lbs this week.

Nice job, T-Bone!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I lost 25 lbs once. Took me about 3 years to do it. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hatchetman wrote:
I lost 25 lbs once. Took me about 3 years to do it. :shock:

Were you able to find it again?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I'm mostly at my weight I want to be at, maybe 5 pounds heavy. Need to move some of it around mind you to make sure my suit fits right and my jeans don't cut me in half. Had a set back last week though as a I strained my calf doing some stupid jumping exercise. I think it was rep 158 of 160 that did it to me. Almost walking pain free again but probably 10 days away from being able to go back to working. Kind of tough when Hockey season is wrapping up and I have to decide to play in tournament or not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:24 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I'm mostly at my weight I want to be at, maybe 5 pounds heavy. Need to move some of it around mind you to make sure my suit fits right and my jeans don't cut me in half. Had a set back last week though as a I strained my calf doing some stupid jumping exercise. I think it was rep 158 of 160 that did it to me. Almost walking pain free again but probably 10 days away from being able to go back to working. Kind of tough when Hockey season is wrapping up and I have to decide to play in tournament or not.

where do you play hockey?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Peoria.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:31 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm now down 26.5 lbs since the middle of January.

I think the most helpful strategy in my weight-loss/fat reduction/fitness program can be summarized in a single word: documentation. Over the past eight weeks, I have meticulously recorded my daily food consumption and weight, as well as the duration, intensity, and frequency of my workouts. Doing so has allowed me to keep my caloric intake under control and motivated me to consistently improve my workout performance. By weighing myself 4-6 days/week, I have become much more aware of what I can and can't eat on a daily basis in order to meet my weight-loss goals. Similarly, tracking my workouts has helped me steadily progress during my running sessions, thereby increasing the number of calories I burn during a given workout and boosting my metabolism throughout the day. Good record-keeping has also allowed me to adhere to the principle of "progressive overload" in my weight training, something that also facilitates increased calorie-burning (via muscle development).

In pursuing their fitness goals, many people often become discouraged or sidetracked by weight-loss/workout "plateaus" or stagnation. If this has been a problem for you in the past, it could be helpful to document relevant information as I describe above. This approach may help you more effectively focus on your fitness goals, enhance your motivation to achieve them (either by increased activity, decreased caloric intake, or both), and work through any "plateaus" you will inevitably encounter.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 am 

I should probably be tracking that. We got a new scale that gives me my BMI and percentage of body fat among other things. I see
the numbers going down but I think I could be encouraged during a week of lower weight loss but higher fat loss for example. I got
on the scale and for the first time in quite a while my Monday weight was in the 240s, so first plateau has been reached but there are
quite a few to go. Hit the gym hard Saturday and walked 18 holes on a hilly course yesterday. Back to the gym tonight.

Keep up the good work TM!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Buying a proper scale and weighing myself same time every day has definitely helped me, too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Duplicate post. MODS please delete.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

I've now lost about 31 lbs since mid-January.

I typically work out 6 days per week, running 5 times per week and lifting two times per week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:02 pm 

I'm down nine overall. Progress has been slowed the last few weeks but determined to get back on track this week before heading out of town
on vacation. I haven't been as consistent with going to the gym or eating right and the results have shown. I'd like to lose 10 more lbs by my birthday
in mid-May.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:34 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
I'm down nine overall. Progress has been slowed the last few weeks but determined to get back on track this week before heading out of town
on vacation. I haven't been as consistent with going to the gym or eating right and the results have shown. I'd like to lose 10 more lbs by my birthday
in mid-May.

It's definitely hard to hit the gym at 5:00 in the morning like we both seem to do. I try not to skip at all, though, because I'm afraid my absences will snowball.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:44 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
in mid-May.

It's definitely hard to hit the gym at 5:00 in the morning like we both seem to do. I try not to skip at all, though, because I'm afraid my absences will snowball.

I gave up on going early in the morning a while back. I don't have a problem getting up early, my brain and body just don't want to work out at 5am.
My biggest trouble is making the gym priority #1 after work and not getting sidetracked. I get out of work at 3pm so if I play my cards right I can
get to the gym by 3:30 or so and easily be home by 5 at the very latest. Just hasn't been happening consistently enough lately. If I can make the
gym the most important thing after work I know it can work well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next