It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
I'm down nine overall. Progress has been slowed the last few weeks but determined to get back on track this week before heading out of town
on vacation. I haven't been as consistent with going to the gym or eating right and the results have shown. I'd like to lose 10 more lbs by my birthday
in mid-May.

Nice job T-Bone!

I'm down 6. I've been running with more regularity and went to lift weights yesterday (not good).

It's been tough balancing work, CPA studying and fitting in a workout. Happy the warmer weather is coming along. It's much easier to take a 30 minute break and just go run outside.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Kirkwood wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I'm down nine overall. Progress has been slowed the last few weeks but determined to get back on track this week before heading out of town
on vacation. I haven't been as consistent with going to the gym or eating right and the results have shown. I'd like to lose 10 more lbs by my birthday
in mid-May.

Nice job T-Bone!

I'm down 6. I've been running with more regularity and went to lift weights yesterday (not good).

It's been tough balancing work, CPA studying and fitting in a workout. Happy the warmer weather is coming along. It's much easier to take a 30 minute break and just go run outside.

Good start Kirkwood. Stick with it. I know you are busy but 30 minutes out will be good for your body and brain.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Still fat, still near 3 spins. Did sign up for Orange Theory. Still willing to go back after two weeks and 7-8 visits. I guess this place is affectionately known as "the torture chamber".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
did a spin class with the gf on saturaday.

she has a road bike she tools around so she had all the necessary shoes/shorts. i wore gym shoes and regular gym shoes.

good workout but it's monday and my taint is still sore. who the hell knew cushion comes from the shorts??!?!?!!?

Last edited by Kirkwood on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'm down 11lbs but my wife thinks its not fast enough apparently. She got me a bike for my birthday and said "biking is a great way to lose fat quickly". Might as well have just called me a fat ass and moved on to the cake. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm down 11lbs but my wife thinks its not fast enough apparently. She got me a bike for my birthday and said "biking is a great way to lose fat quickly". Might as well have just called me a fat ass and moved on to the cake. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

At least you got the cake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

I am now approximately 80 days into my workout regimen. My results so far:

34 pounds lost
Waist size down four inches
Mile time improved by 2:30/mile
Bench press increased by 50 lbs

I'd still like to lose at least 20 more pounds.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

34 pounds lost

:salut: I just got back from vacation and was only up a pound. Walking 18 Saturday and Sunday so looking forward to getting back into the
swing of things. I can't make the gym tonight but hopefully tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So. I let myself get out of shape and flabby the last year or so. My last physical had some terrible blood work numbers , high glucose, cholesterol , the works . Was basically a huge wake up call. Started a medically supervised diet on March 3, 800 calories a day consisting of 3 nutritionally complete shakes and 1 protein bar. That's it . Low carbs so you get put into ketosis. I weighed 211 on March 3. Weight today is 183. Had a blood draw today so I'll get those results next week. It's so nice to feel good again, clothes fit, no sugar spikes , more energy to hate DiCaro , etc. I've been around 180 lbs most of my adult life so I'm almost to where I'd like to be but I think I'm going to try and get to 175 and maintain that. They're going to gradually phase me out of the diet and put me back on regular food so then the ball is back in my court to stay there. It was a little tough but totally worth it. I think I'm ready to take on 8th grade girls in dodgeball and put up a decent showing now.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:39 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

34 pounds lost

Those are great results TM, keep it up. Congrats .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
800 calories a day? Crap I struggled to keep sub 1500. Good luck Rogue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
badrogue17 wrote:
So. I let myself get out of shape and flabby the last year or so. My last physical had some terrible blood work numbers , high glucose, cholesterol , the works . Was basically a huge wake up call. Started a medically supervised diet on March 3, 800 calories a day consisting of 3 nutritionally complete shakes and 1 protein bar. That's it . Low carbs so you get put into ketosis. I weighed 211 on March 3. Weight today is 183. Had a blood draw today so I'll get those results next week. It's so nice to feel good again, clothes fit, no sugar spikes , more energy to hate DiCaro , etc. I've been around 180 lbs most of my adult life so I'm almost to where I'd like to be but I think I'm going to try and get to 175 and maintain that. They're going to gradually phase me out of the diet and put me back on regular food so then the ball is back in my court to stay there. It was a little tough but totally worth it. I think I'm ready to take on 8th grade girls in dodgeball and put up a decent showing now.

So you are like 34. That is when the shit hits the fan. Wait for 50. Way to go my man.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

The past two weeks have been awful for me--working crazy hours to meet a pub deadline and then got hit with a stomach virus and a bad cold. So I haven't been to the gym in like 15 days. Tomorrow I should finally be healthy enough to return, but I am dreading the prospect. This is going to be ugly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am 

Scooter wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So you are like 34. That is when the shit hits the fan. Wait for 50. Way to go my man.

I wish . Add 16 years to that and you'll be correct.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:25 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

It's really not too bad when you get used to it . Just have to drink a lot of water to stay full .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

It's really not too bad when you get used to it . Just have to drink a lot of water to stay full .

You had to have given up booze to stay below that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 am 

pittmike wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

You had to have given up booze to stay below that.

I'm not much of a drinker anymore so that wasn't an issue .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 am 

I haven't been in the gym for a month but walking 12-15 miles on the weekend so that is something. My weight is
at a level I am ok with right now but I want to lose another 10 in the next 5 weeks and hit a goal by my 41st birthday.
That is only going to happen by going to the gym and getting the cardio in and not eating like Joey Chestnut.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
badrogue17 wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

When I am really good about not consuming any liquid calories be it juice, pop or alcohol I found 1200-1400 was doable without being hungry most day, but it was a struggle to not drink anything but water or coffee. Exercise days I was starving. My wife was doing some crazy diet and all carbs disappeared from the house and I actually dropped to below 160 on the scale which weighs you lighter than you are. Had to start drinking calories consistently. to keep up weight but I'm not good at moderation so that weight won't be challenged again. I've warned her I'll be quitting again, tend to get grumpy for the first week. Just want 170 on the dang scale.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:59 am 

Have finally gotten back on a routine in the last month. Been using my fitness pal app and the couch to 5k app. Down 12 lbs as of this morning.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Wife and I did Great Lakes Naval Base 5K July 3 and then Antioch 5K the next morning.

Man, have I lost it. finished both, but my times were garbage.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:13 pm 

Down 15 lbs and had to buy a new belt.

Feeling a lot better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:25 pm 

anyone else out there making progress?

down 24 lbs

Managed to survive vacation without gaining any weight

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Good for all you guys. I'm the heaviest I've every been. Time to do something.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:29 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Good for all you guys. I'm the heaviest I've every been. Time to do something.

my fitness pal and couch to 5k apps have been a great help to me.

A little change to eating habits and getting some exercise can make a big difference.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
didn't run for 9 months. Started again about 3 weeks ago. have gained 15 lbs. what a nightmare. running 9:40 on 4 miles. My wife can beat me and she hasn't run in 20 years. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I've started and stopped about 3 times since the start of the year. Trying to get started back up again now. It sucks. I hate to run.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I'm down 10 pounds to 205 over summer.

Taken 4 mile walks 5 out of 7 days over summer. Stopped running as it always leaves my knees in constant pain. Between the walking, swimming, and tennis felt pretty good this whole summer. Even with constant drinking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
TurdFerguson wrote:
Even with constant drinking.

That was why I ran before, to offset the drinking. Then I stopped the running but not the drinking. I just don't know how people get along without beer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next