It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Damn, Ugie...that is sweet.

Congrats Frank on breaking 90. I have a feeling that might not happen for me this year. I took my son to a public 9 holer in town and I have never been more sore after playing in my life. Ridiculous.

Don, sounds like you and I are the designated hackers in this thread,.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I hit MANY good shots during range time. Had my swing thought(s) down and was feeling confident. Then, got on the course and it felt like my brain was a radio station I couldn't tune in. Just static.

Topping shots to try and track them, then over correcting. A shitshow to say the least.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Need a caddie, Ugie?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:

A foregone conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Some warm weather on the way this weekend. My parents are in town visiting so we will play Saturday and Sunday mornings
at my home courses. Monday my dad and I are road tripping up to Nekoosa, WI to play one of the most talked about new
courses in the country called Sand Valley. Looks like a pretty incredible piece of property but really am not sure what to
expect, I have heard mostly good reviews but some people have complained that it still isn't grown in enough and I think they
just opened up the clubhouse this past week. Also heard that their caddy program is pretty weak. Should be fun either way,
only bad part is it is 3 hours to get up there and 3 hours to get back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
donspiracy wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
I've been invited to play in the World Amateur Golf Championship in Myrtle Beach in late August. I'll likely go down as more of a playing media member, but definitely seems like a fantastic opportunity to play a few great courses.

All kidding aside, that is great! What an opportunity, how did you qualify for it?

Thanks! I just had the tournament director on as a podcast guest, and they extended an invitation. The only thing I'm toiling with right now is whether or not to fly Spirit Airlines (they're covering the cost) because I'd like to land in one piece.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
I've been invited to play in the World Amateur Golf Championship in Myrtle Beach in late August. I'll likely go down as more of a playing media member, but definitely seems like a fantastic opportunity to play a few great courses.

Good luck, that sounds like a good time and should make for a good story. I am having a hard time convincing myself to play in any
competitive tournaments this year. They haven't been much fun the last few years and kind of sucked the fun out of the game for
me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
Some warm weather on the way this weekend. My parents are in town visiting so we will play Saturday and Sunday mornings
at my home courses. Monday my dad and I are road tripping up to Nekoosa, WI to play one of the most talked about new
courses in the country called Sand Valley. Looks like a pretty incredible piece of property but really am not sure what to
expect, I have heard mostly good reviews but some people have complained that it still isn't grown in enough and I think they
just opened up the clubhouse this past week. Also heard that their caddy program is pretty weak. Should be fun either way,

or you could cut the drive time in half and the greens fees in thirds and go to Lawsonia instead while also playing a better course.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:59 pm 

42 in my league last night. Started with a 3 putt bogey from 12 feet and then a 3 putt quad from 15 feet. Putted horribly (as usual) the first 5 holes and then couldn't miss the rest of the way including a downhill twisting 35 footer for birdie.

Got my match up for the match play tourney. I'm up against a 6 index. The guy is apparently ultra competitive and very intense about the rules. On the surface, that sounds like a bad matchup for me, but I actually think it will help me as it will cause me to focus more and socialize less. With my lack of mental game, the amount of focus vs socialization has more of an effect on my score than anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:14 pm 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

or you could cut the drive time in half and the greens fees in thirds and go to Lawsonia instead while also playing a better course.

I'm not convinced I am going to the worse course but I definitely need to check out Lawsonia this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:51 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I'm not convinced I am going to the worse course but I definitely need to check out Lawsonia this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Peoria Matt wrote:

Congrats Frank on breaking 90. I have a feeling that might not happen for me this year. I took my son to a public 9 holer in town and I have never been more sore after playing in my life. Ridiculous.

No one is a worse golfer than I am. Have a charity outing I get to go to tomorrow. Thankfully it's best ball.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:05 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

A foregone conclusion.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

No one is a worse golfer than I am. Have a charity outing I get to go to tomorrow. Thankfully it's best ball.
Who cares. We've all duffed shots, 3 putted from inside 10', shanked drives directly OB, and wrote down a snowman and worse on the scorecard now and then. Just go out there and have fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Frank, I enjoy it to no end but haven't had a lot of time this year. I golfed as a kid with my dad and older brother who were uber competitive and good. That wasn't fun. I would also play with a friend and his brother and one of their parents after the parents divorced. They were all awful and we had fun. I enjoy it when people don't take it or themselves too seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 am 

Hello all, got in a couple of rounds Monday and Tuesday with my son and nephew. Played Fairways of Woodside on Monday and shot 85 (47-38). Played Washington County on Tuesday and shot 78 (40-38), really played well, which kind of surprised. Wished I could have made a couple of more putts but I was very pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 am 

Hawg is like the Stricker of the CFMB golf community. Guy plays twice a summer and throws up sub 80 rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:35 am 

shakes wrote:
Hawg is like the Stricker of the CFMB golf community. Guy plays twice a summer and throws up sub 80 rounds.

:lol:

I play a little more than that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:21 am 

Snuck out late afternoon yesterday and met up with my partner from my golf league for a round at Glenview Park. Course in great shape, but such a goofy layout. Short, but deceiving par 70 with an odd layout. Always end up playing the tips due to course length and then you run into 3 straight 410+ par 4's on #2-#4 which are brutal.

Played a practice match play game vs my partner since we're both in the same tournament. He's an 8 and I'm a 12 so I got 4 strokes. Totally choked away the match. Was down 3 on #11, won 3 of the next 4 to square it up and then was staring at a 4 foot putt on #16 to take the lead. Actually felt hands shaking as I was practicing putt (and btw we were playing for nothing but pride) and of course missed the putt. Horrible club choice on next hole par 3 put me in the trap in front and lost that hole to go one down. Buddy, slices his drive into the water, I hit best drive of day but don't account for how far the side of the fairway is and put it into trees. Totally blocked, tried to punch a iron over a trap and have it run up on the green and fatted it into the trap. Next up was hardest shot in golf IMO, bunker 30 yards from green and I thinned it over the green and OB to end the match.

Got home and my clicgear push cart showed up. Breaking it in today in the heat at Glencoe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Sunrise round at dogtrack Joe Louis this morning. 43 on the front, with three double bogeys, four 3 putts, 4 pars, and a birdie. Hit the ball real well tee to green. Not so much on the back, as I lost 3 balls and only mustered two pars. Limped off the 18th green 3 putting for a 7, total of 48 on the back.

Very sloppy short game overall today, and was not happy with my driver on the back. Disappointed to not break 90 after such a nice score (which should have been even better) on the front. Hit enough good shots, patricularly with my irons, to leave the course feeling good. Love the peacefulness of the early morning, and it was nice to be done before the winds and the temperature cranked up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 am 

Walked 18 Saturday at Glencoe with my new clicgear. It did not go so well. Don't know if it was the heat or the walking, but I spent the rest of the night in agony fighting off leg cramps up and down both sides of my left leg which is the leg where I have permanent nerve damage. Fell asleep on the couch and jolted out of bed at 2 am and landed on the floor with 3 leg cramps, had to lay there for a half hour fighting the cramps before I could stand up. Two days later and I still am walking with a limp. Played poorly as well, the problem is I can't control my irons with the new swing. PLaying a draw and half the time they are really nice, but half the time they are way overcooked and every once in awhile I hang one out the right. Hit 11/15 fairways, but only 2 greens. Shot a 91.

Yesterday, played Sportsman with the wife. Rode in a cart! Got to first tee and pulled out driver only to find the shaft was snapped in half. Ran into pro shop and grabbed Epic demo club. It was stiff shaft, started out great with it, but by end of day had only hit 5 fairways. Liked the club though, going to try out the regular shaft one this week and hopefully purchase. Played better and shot a 86, but couldn't get off the bogey train on the back.

My game has plateaued since getting my new swing. I've only had 2 rounds all year under 86, everything else has been between 86-91.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
The Epic has two shaft length options - 44.5 and 45.5. Get the 44.5.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:52 pm 

thanks, will definitely get the one with the shorter shaft.

Gonna try to pop into Dick's later tonight and hit them in the bay (if they even carry the club) cause I saw some good deals on ebay. Got a dep in Westchester at 3:30 today, might try to find a Dicks on the way home. The closing of Golfsmith has really cramped my style.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Got out yesterday for the first time in probably a year. Shot 52-69 :shock: :oops:

Just completely fell apart on the back. I had one 8 on the front but everything else was pretty decent for me. I'm typically around a 105-110 golfer, so I was pretty pleased. Then I started the back nine 8-9-10 and never got much better. Just got a terrible case of the yips, couldn't connect on anything. By the end I was just hitting my nine iron for every shot because it was the only club I could advance the ball with...just fucking agonizing.

I almost wish the scores were reversed because I ended that round so pissed off and frustrated that I don't even want to try again for a while. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:25 pm 

I have the day off and a buddy wanted to know if I wanted to play at noon. Uh....I'll pass, thanks. Hottest part of the day while triple digiting it is not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I have the day off and a buddy wanted to know if I wanted to play at noon. Uh....I'll pass, thanks. Hottest part of the day while triple digiting it is not gonna happen.

I wish the guys we got paired up with Saturday made the same wise decision, but they didn't.

Nothing worse than a guy who has a pre shot routine longer than Jason Day while shooting north of 110. And of course he has to wait until its his turn to hit before even getting out of his cart and beginning said pre shot routine. Doesn't matter is the person hitting is 100 yards away on the other side of the fairway...I guess he wanted all eyes on him for his amazing pre shot routine. And of course, his many mulligans also had the same long pre shot routine. And he also had a ton of excuses about every bad shot and kept coming up to me to tell me he didn't normally play that bad. Meanwhile, I was in the middle of putting up a season worse 48 on the front so wasn't really in the mood to hear about how bad he was playing.

Me and my buddy were walking, they were in a cart yet we beat them to every green and tee box. WTF?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:37 pm 

That sucks Shakes. I'm bad a golfer but I do it quickly. No waiting around... a quick practice swing and then my bad shot :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
That sucks Shakes. I'm bad a golfer but I do it quickly. No waiting around... a quick practice swing and then my bad shot :lol:

that's the key, you can be awful but as long as you play fast and know when its time to just put your ball in your pocket (double par should be max) no one is going to have a problem with you.

I don't think I'm a fast player, but I do little things to speed myself up such as preparing for my shot while others are hitting, start lining up my putt at the same time someone else is lining up theirs, getting my practice chips out of the way while someone on the other side of the green is getting ready to hit. If I'm in a cart I always drop the other person off at their ball and go straight to mine or vice versa.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bad golf is not a problem. We've all had our Waterloo holes. Slow golf is a big problem. Rangers-- if they are even around-- not enforcing pace of play with warnings, forcing people to pick up and/or play from the correct tees is as big a problem as the players taking too long.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bad golf is not a problem. We've all had our Waterloo holes. Slow golf is a big problem. Rangers-- if they are even around-- not enforcing pace of play with warnings, forcing people to pick up and/or play from the correct tees is as big a problem as the players taking too long.

Rangers are never around when some jackasses are waiting to tee off until people are 300+ yds away and hitting it 150. Only around to harass you about having half a wheel in the grass when the hole is playing cart path only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next