It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
All of this rain is really going to fuck up any golfing plans for the weekend.

Depends on the course. It's only Thursday.

Furious is like the guy that used to be in the commercial sitting by the starters shack and it is pouring rain outside. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
That guy was a savage.

Sand-based courses and courses with superior drainage situations tend to recover quickly.

-Hank Kingsley

Last edited by Furious Styles on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Furious and I are gonna try and play Oak Brook on Sunday around 10:45am. Anyone else want in before I book?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
you guys are nuts, its gonna be awful out there this weekend. 50s and mush.

But on the plus side it should be so empty that you can probably sneak through the woods and hop onto Butler.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I played like shit this morning. I had par on 3 of the first 5 holes, but it was pretty brutal after that. I putted and chipped pretty well, but getting to the green was bad most holes. Plus my Master's hat clip fell off my head at some point which really sucks :( Ended up with 87 on a par 66 course. Course was wet but not as sloppy as I expected.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That sucks about the clip.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:35 pm 

shakes wrote:

But on the plus side it should be so empty that you can probably sneak through the woods and hop onto Butler.

Not surprisingly, shakes was wrong.

Enjoyable round w/Ugie at Oak Brook Golf Club. Course conditions were okay and pace of play was right around 4:00. Ugie tolerated my equipment nerd questions about gear and absolutely bombed his Epic driver on more than a few holes.

Nobody loves golf more than me.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:

Enjoyable round w/Ugie at Oak Brook Golf Club. Course conditions were okay and pace of play was right around 4:00. Ugie tolerated my equipment nerd questions about gear and absolutely bombed his Epic driver on more than a few holes.

Vote Furious in 2017.

Furious is a good player. Wish I would have played better, but had a great time on a course I hadn't played before. We chatted about donspiracy's Louisville Slugger a bit. It was glorious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:20 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:

CFMB administratIon has decided to edit my posts. Sad, really.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Weak. We might as well just have the prior admin come back and run things.

It's unconscionable.

Quote:
Participants are encouraged to solicit/beg/threaten for votes.

Vote by PM or by voting in this thread.

This is a slap in the face to Boilermaker Rick's contest, not to mention his time and effort. At least 1/3 of the 3 Wisemen has decided to ignore Rick's wishes.

After all Rick did to resurrect the board and this is how he is treated by management?

This is an outrage.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Why are posts being edited? Is it because any solicitation of March Madness votes are to take place in the specified thread only?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Playing early both days this weekend. Probably won't be all that warm in the morning but just happy to start getting back to a routine.
Picking up my season pass tonight. I was able to play 3 times last weekend. Played with my old Ping Zing Irons , Ping ISI drivers and
an old Cleveland wedge. The grips were really slick so I was happy to even hold onto the clubs honestly. The drivers are pretty old
overall but it was fun trying to learn to hit them. One I could swing full tilt and the other one I was taking half speed sawed off swings
with and trying to hit 230 yd cuts with instead of having my one iron. Also not sure where the putter in the bag came from it was a PING
G87 or something like that. About 2-3 inches longer than what I play and it seemed to be counterbalanced so it took a few rounds to get
used to. Rounds of 86-84 and 78 were not too bad all things considered. Multiple doubles and triples hurt my scores the first two rounds.
Very interested to see if I can work a fade off the tee into my repertoire. I have never had the confidence to try to hit one when I needed
it. I found the idea of not knowing if I would miss left or right to be disconcerting. Usually I just play it up the right side and more times
than not it will draw or hook back for me. Much easier to play with a one way miss. My parents will bring the Pings back up this summer
and I will put new grips on them and hold on to them for my step son to try playing with them. I'll send the Mizuno MP-33's back with them
so I will have a set at their house when I visit and don't have to travel with clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
I'll send the Mizuno MP-33's back with them
so I will have a set at their house when I visit and don't have to travel with clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm 

Just saw Cleveland released three new models in the Huntington Beach Collection and the center-shafted #6 is scratching me right where I itch. Noted golf blogger Ugie rolls a Huntington Beach model. Despite that, and the fact that I already have two putters I am perfectly content with, I still want to put one into play. Best value putter out there.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 pm 

It's a nice looking putter. The Ping I used last week was center shafted and I just could never get comfortable with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
It's a nice looking putter. The Ping I used last week was center shafted and I just could never get comfortable with it.

I prefer heel shafted putters myself.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

It's a really different setup if you aren't used to it. Took me a few rounds to gef used to the club not rotating as much. Center-shafted putters are generally for a straight-back/straight-through stroke, but I play one more for the lack of offset and it really works for me. Offset messes w/ me because I am left-eye dominant.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 pm 

Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

There are MANY different variables there. Plumbers neck, flow neck, double-bend, 1/2 shaft offset, full shaft offset, no offset, face-balanced vs. toe-hang. Some of it is about your type of stroke, but the club has to suit your eye.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:08 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It's a really different setup if you aren't used to it. Took me a few rounds to gef used to the club not rotating as much. Center-shafted putters are generally for a straight-back/straight-through stroke, but I play one more for the lack of offset and it really works for me. Offset messes w/ me because I am left-eye dominant.

I don't like looking at the shaft behind the golf ball. It's just not a clean look for me. To your point, I don't have a straight back putting
stroke anymore either so it definitely was strange.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

There are MANY different variables there. Plumbers neck, flow neck, double-bend, 1/2 shaft offset, full shaft offset, no offset, face-balanced vs. toe-hang. Some of it is about your type of stroke, but the club has to suit your eye.

I had a lot of luck in high school playing with a Bullseye with no offset. All my putters are heel shafted with almost no neck and very little offset.
Everyone is different and likes different looks and there has never been a better variety of manufacturers and price points than they have today.
If you can't find a putter you like, you aren't looking hard enough.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:00 pm 

weather looking good, gonna dust off the clubs tonight and try and squeeze in 9 holes tomorrow in between work and dinner with the wife.

Sunday looking glorious. Definitely gonna get out and play 18.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:02 pm 

just booked 9 tomorrow at Sportsman and then 18 Sunday late morning at Schaumburg.

Looking forward to getting out there and seeing how bad the game has gotten in hibernation.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:32 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I don't like looking at the shaft behind the golf ball. It's just not a clean look for me. To your point, I don't have a straight back putting
stroke anymore either so it definitely was strange.

I don't like the shaft directly behind the ball either. Ping still does this with their current CS offerings. Hate it. I prefer CS putters where the shaft enters the head a 1/2" or so closer to the heel. Makes a big difference visually.

CS putters are more popular in Europe and Asia for some reason.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

I suck at this game :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 am 

Dalai Lami: Big Hitter wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This is the first step on your journey to golf enlightenment.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I'm hitting my driver pretty well. Striping my 3 wood and hybrid. Chipping has been good, putting really good. Get an iron in my hand and you would think I've never played golf in my life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Hit a bucket of balls today at Lake Bluff.

I'm basically starting from near scratch. I'll be hitting the range/practice greens a few more times before playing again.

I probably need a lesson or two as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am 

Didn't hit the ball very well on Saturday but figured a few things out by the end of the round. Yesterday I shot a 77 with two triple
bogeys. Making big numbers is very typical of my spring golf pattern. Overall pretty happy with things and already have 7 rounds in
which is about where I was last year. Going for 75 rounds this season so need to get out every opportunity I can.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
Dalai Lami: Big Hitter wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This is the first step on your journey to golf enlightenment.
I am certainly not setting the bar too high. At a par 66 course, I should be able to break 80. At Par 71/72 courses I am just hoping to break 90. Saturday morning at said par 66 course, I shot a 42 on the front with a double and a triple. I shot a 44 on the back with two triples, and two missed putts from about 3'. Four pars on the day (one of which was a chip in), and only 5 GIR. Way too MANY big numbers on the scorecard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next