It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Really wanted to try to get out this weekend as the temps are pretty mild but looks like a lot of rain/snow the next few days.
Might try Sunday but definitely playing it by ear. Anyone else thinking about getting out?

Edit: got an 8am tee time for Shepherds Crook on Sunday. maybe a little wet but who cares, it's March 5th

Last edited by T-Bone on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I'm going to try to leave Sunday open.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Let me know if anyone wants to get out Sunday.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Going to Revolution Golf HD in Harvard this weekend. Anyone ever been there?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Franky T wrote:
Going to Revolution Golf HD in Harvard this weekend. Anyone ever been there?

I'm so stupid I couldn't even get into Harvard the town.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I might be interested in a Sunday round.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:05 am 

A little chilly yesterday at 8am but once the sun came up the wind died down a bit and it was very tolerable. Hit the ball
surprisingly well again. Hit 4 greens early in the round but the ball bounced over due to them being frozen/rock hard. It
was tricky because if you tried to play short and bounce it on it wouldn't do it. Walked 18 at Shepherds Crook with two
other guys in 3:15 so it was a really good experience. The course is in good shape for early March, even the greens rolled
nice, just a little slow. On those greens, I am not complaining.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 pm 

Got a text from a young guy I played golf with two years ago asking if I wanted to play in a 4 man scramble event with him and his buddies.
Talk about a random invite out of the blue. I agreed to play as it is a course I haven't golfed in a long time and thought a scramble event
might be fun to start the season. Should be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Got out Friday afternoon at Coyote Run. I ended up with a 95 which felt more like 110. Tee to green I did not play well at all except for a few holes. I chipped pretty decently and outside of two greens I putted pretty well which is what kept me in the double digits. The wind sucked, easily 3 club gusts at some points. Par 3 into the wind, 105 yards to the front, 140 to the back and about 130 to the pin. I hit 8 iron which is about my 135-140 club figuring that would have been enough to at least get me to the front third of the green. I struck the ball well, and ended up about 10' short of the green. On the back there was about a 150 yard par 5 with the wind at my back, and I put a gap wedge (normally about 100 yard club) in the middle of the green which was probably about 130 yards. There was a handful of other shots where the wind really hurt one way or another, but this was the worst of the 4 rounds I have played so far this year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Still only played once this season... in February.

Mother Nature is the worst.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Still only played once this season... in February.

Mother Nature is the worst.

I've played a lot in March the last two seasons but feels like we sold our soul for a couple of nice days really early and now March has been
pretty unplayable between the snow and all the rain. Looking forward to playing Friday, Sat, Sunday in South Carolina this weekend. Looks
like rain on Friday but if it isn't pouring I'll likely play anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:29 am 
100000 CLUB

Tbone, you going to Augusta?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

Looking like Saturday this weekend might be good enough to play. If anyone is interested, hit me up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tbone, you going to Augusta?

Yes sir. My wife and I had to pay through the nose to get the tickets but it was important to be able to go with my parents.
My dad is officially turning in his credentials next week and retiring from the place. They sold their house and moved to
Charlotte within the past few weeks. My guess is that this will be my last trip to the Masters with him and maybe ever, who knows.
I'll be at the Monday practice round and right now the weather looks like rain. :? Hoping that maybe it will hold off until later in
the day or something. A steady rain out there would not be much fun.

Frank -- any tips on how you and your wife took on Augusta? Still kicking around some game plans and will obviously talk to my
dad about it. Right now thinking about going up to the clubhouse, doing the par 3 and then walking the back nine first. I am not
sure how interested my wife will be to see the whole thing and I think the back nine is more important for her to see than the front.
We also probably need to get some chairs set up down on 16 for when we are done walking around and enjoying watching some
skipped shots and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:30 am 

Looking like Saturday this weekend might be good enough to play. If anyone is interested, hit me up.

I'm down. Taking this to PM.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:

I'm down. Taking this to PM.
I might be down for this depending on how the rest of my week shakes out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Cool stuff. Let's keep an eye on the weather.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:54 am 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Frank -- any tips on how you and your wife took on Augusta? Still kicking around some game plans and will obviously talk to my
dad about it. Right now thinking about going up to the clubhouse, doing the par 3 and then walking the back nine first. I am not
sure how interested my wife will be to see the whole thing and I think the back nine is more important for her to see than the front.
We also probably need to get some chairs set up down on 16 for when we are done walking around and enjoying watching some
skipped shots and stuff.
You have been there more times than I have :lol:

We got there right as the gates opened, and did our merch shopping so we could check our bags. Walked along most of the back 9 in the AM, took a break at the range, then did most of the front 9 in the later morning/early afternoon. We hiked it back to the range a couple different times because my wife really wanted to see Bubba Watson (we found out later he wasnt even on the grounds that day :( ). If you are going to set up chairs at 16, do it behind the green under the tree as you will appreciate sitting in the shade later on in the day. We sat in the grass in the shade along #15 and #1 at different points in the afternoon which was nice. There were not many people on either hole so we got to relax without being crammed or bothered. We did not get to the Par 3 course which I mildly regret, but I really wanted to see every hole on the main course which I did.

The biggest tips would be to get there as soon as the gates open, get your shopping done first if you plan to buy anything, bring an extra memory card, batteries, and possibly an extra camera in case one malfunctions, order a "Stand 12" drink which is only available behind the tee box at #12.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
skipped shots and stuff.

We got there right as the gates opened, and did our merch shopping so we could check our bags. Walked along most of the back 9 in the AM, took a break at the range, then did most of the front 9 in the later morning/early afternoon. We hiked it back to the range a couple different times because my wife really wanted to see Bubba Watson (we found out later he wasnt even on the grounds that day :( ). If you are going to set up chairs at 16, do it behind the green under the tree as you will appreciate sitting in the shade later on in the day. We sat in the grass in the shade along #15 and #1 at different points in the afternoon which was nice. There were not many people on either hole so we got to relax without being crammed or bothered. We did not get to the Par 3 course which I mildly regret, but I really wanted to see every hole on the main course which I did.

The biggest tips would be to get there as soon as the gates open, get your shopping done first if you plan to buy anything, bring an extra memory card, batteries, and possibly an extra camera in case one malfunctions, order a "Stand 12" drink which is only available behind the tee box at #12.

I've only been there once before, 9 years ago. Thanks for sharing how you made your way around. Unfortunately I only have a large camera that I
am going to have to lug around, but hopefully we will get some good pictures out of it anyway. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time
I go so just really hoping to soak it in and take some nice photos. Again, just hoping it doesn't rain all day long. We will definitely do the merch
shopping first and move on from there. I may even have my mom and wife do the shopping while my dad and I set up chairs on #16. I am not sure
I am going to buy much for myself. I already have a bunch of stuff from over the years. In fact I have a bunch of hats that my dad bought from the
clubhouse that only members can buy and haven't worn yet so I am mostly buying for a few friends that wanted a thing or two.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Sounds good. I, too, tried to enjoy every second of being there. It was ~75 and sunny during our trip so I hope you get weather that is just as glorious. Will be interested to hear how the new golf store looks. My wife is very sad that we are not going this year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sunday is actually looking like the better day this weekend. High of 58, low of 43.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
I need shoes and lessons before hitting the course again. Where is the best place to get either?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Shoes; rockbottomgolf.com

CHUSE turned me on to this site, really good stuff there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Shoes; rockbottomgolf.com

CHUSE turned me on to this site, really good stuff there.

www.tgw.com is another good one.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
donspiracy wrote:
I need lessons.

Check with the pro shop at a course near you. Or go to PGA Superstore.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am 

Amazon or eBay, if you have a particular brand/size that suits your feet.

I just scored these today on Amazon. $42 shipped + no tax.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

All of this rain is really going to fuck up any golfing plans for the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah, this is no bueno.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Depends on the course. It's only Thursday.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
skipped shots and stuff.

I've only been there once before, 9 years ago. Thanks for sharing how you made your way around. Unfortunately I only have a large camera that I
am going to have to lug around, but hopefully we will get some good pictures out of it anyway. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time
I go so just really hoping to soak it in and take some nice photos. Again, just hoping it doesn't rain all day long. We will definitely do the merch
shopping first and move on from there. I may even have my mom and wife do the shopping while my dad and I set up chairs on #16. I am not sure
I am going to buy much for myself. I already have a bunch of stuff from over the years. In fact I have a bunch of hats that my dad bought from the
clubhouse that only members can buy and haven't worn yet so I am mostly buying for a few friends that wanted a thing or two.

When I went we got in as soon as the gates opened, walked 1-4 then cut down 7. We were then able to cut over to 15, and since no one was there yet, we just hung out in the middle of the fairway right next to a sprinkler head that was about 120 out and soaked it all in. Such a severe down-slope and tight lie its no wonder the guys often chunk it in the water. We just stood there for about 10 minutes. No one ever asked us to move along. It was awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next