It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Furious Styles wrote:
You weren't invited.

Damn. Guess I have to find new plans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
SuperMario wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
You weren't invited.

Kidding. It's my first time playing the course, so I'm looking forward to it. Not all that concerned about pace, what with it being the 3rd week of October on a Friday and all.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Furious Styles wrote:
Kidding. It's my first time playing the course, so I'm looking forward to it. Not all that concerned about pace, what with it being the 3rd week of October on a Friday and all.

IMU wrote:
Seems like you need to be more concerned about Chus' son playing around in the sand traps.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
You weren't invited.

:lol: Yeah, I got that. And it's a nice course. Island green on the first hole. We unfortunately played a day where we were stuck behind a group of four bros, three of which had their shirts off and the last was sleeveless. And in front of them were two groups of three that decided to make a sixsome. It was ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Playing Lake Bluff today at 1. Haven't touched a club in 3 weeks so this should be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 am 

SuperMario wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
You weren't invited.

:lol: Yeah, I got that. And it's a nice course. Island green on the first hole. We unfortunately played a day where we were stuck behind a group of four bros, three of which had their shirts off and the last was sleeveless. And in front of them were two groups of three that decided to make a sixsome. It was ridiculous.

3 1/2 hours and the weather was GLORIOUS.

Shot an 83, but my game was really off.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Got in 36 this weekend. Wasn't sure what to expect after my first week in the gym as my body and muscles were really sore and tight.
I think playing and walking really helped because I felt pretty good by Sunday. Really was having a hard time scoring yesterday but
gave myself a little pep talk when my back was against the wall and birdied 15, 16, and 17 while missing a relatively easy 10ft birdie on
18 to card a good round. Pretty sure that the was the longest birdie streak I had this season. Weather looks like shit next weekend and
might try to play one last time first weekend of November if the weather works out but if this was my last weekend playing my own ball
I can live with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:59 am 
100000 CLUB

Terrible front nine on Friday, 52. Started out with two doubles in the first four holes on the back, but managed to get 3 pars and 2 single bogeys over the final 5 holes to end up with a 44. Was happy to keep the score in double digits after a pretty horrific start. Played 5 extra holes as it was twilite and went bogey, bogey, bogey, par, par. Sliced almost every drive and did not hit the long irons well. hit the mid and short irons pretty decently, and saved several single bogeys and a couple of pars with some real good chips. I didn't drain many putts, but my only 3-putt of the day was on one the third to last extra hole. The final hole we did (#18, ~130 yard par 3 with carry over water) was played in almost total darkness. It was interesting to hit a ball, know you hit it well, but no idea where it was until you walked up to the green.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:04 am 

Walked/carried 18 at Elliot in Rockford. Impromptu round after visiting my niece. Dropped the lob wedge and 7 wood to lighten the load. Shot an 81 - played well and enjoyed the walk/solitude. Sore as fuck right about now.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:15 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Walked/carried 18 at Elliot in Rockford. Impromptu round after visiting my niece. Dropped the lob wedge and 7 wood to lighten the load. Shot an 81 - played well and enjoyed the walk/solitude. Sore as fuck right about now.

Nice. I really enjoyed the trees being pretty much at the peak of their colors this weekend up by me. That coupled with the mild weather
made it enjoyable to get out and play. I knew there was a chance of rain but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting that nice walk
and take it all in. Started raining lightly on #17. After we got into the clubhouse and ordered a beer, the skies opened up on everyone else. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:03 am 

The front 9 was rain-gear free, but the back 9 was rain suit and gloves. Really focused on simply staring at the red Sharpie dot on my ball through impact on my tee shots. Don't know why I don't do this all the time, or at least when my ballstriking is off. Had one my better ballstriking rounds of the year.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 am 
100000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
Really focused on simply staring at the red Sharpie dot on my ball through impact on my tee shots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:14 pm 

Beautiful day at Lake Bluff on Saturday. Played well after not playing for a few weeks. Shot a 83. Leaving 3 in the sand on a par 3 and taking a triple really stung and kept me from flirting with 80, but no complaints. Just happy to be over my issues and playing good golf again.

27 hole scramble set up for Saturday, supposed to be a high of 46. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 pm 

shakes wrote:
Beautiful day at Lake Bluff on Saturday. Played well after not playing for a few weeks. Shot a 83. Leaving 3 in the sand on a par 3 and taking a triple really stung and kept me from flirting with 80, but no complaints. Just happy to be over my issues and playing good golf again.

27 hole scramble set up for Saturday, supposed to be a high of 46. :(

Glad to hear that Lake Bluff still in nice shape. I haven't played out there in years, used to have a lot of high school matches out there and remember it
being a fun course to play. I need to get out there next year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 pm 

Shot a 92 at Crystal Woods in Woodstock on Saturday. Had a rough front 9 and had to drop 3 times because I lost my ball in fallen leaves. Nothing more frustrating than hitting an alright shot that goes into the first cut and not being able to find it due to so much detritus on the ground. I love fall golf, but that is the one aspect that makes it not as fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
Shot a 92 at Crystal Woods in Woodstock on Saturday. Had a rough front 9 and had to drop 3 times because I lost my ball in fallen leaves. Nothing more frustrating than hitting an alright shot that goes into the first cut and not being able to find it due to so much detritus on the ground. I love fall golf, but that is the one aspect that makes it not as fun.

You need to play winter rules when there's leaves all over the ground. Free drops for lost balls that shouldn't be lost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 pm 

shakes wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

You need to play winter rules when there's leaves all over the ground. Free drops for lost balls that shouldn't be lost.

Yeah, I know I should. That's the rules follower in me from high school. My first golf meet in high school I got disqualified because I picked up my ball and called it a gimmee after not wanting to putt it for a quadruple bogey. It was on the first hole. Jag off guy I was playing with didn't say a word to me the whole rest of the round and then after we finished, he tells me that he ratted on me to the officials. When we got back on the bus, the first words out of my coach's mouth were "What the fuck were you thinking!?" I know I fucked up, but I was always pissed for playing out my round for no reason. ha.

Anyway, since then, I have always been pretty strict with rules. I knew too many people who would tell me their scores. Then we'd finally play together and I realized why they were shooting as low as they were - not counting strokes, foot wedges, mulligans galore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
shakes wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

Yeah, I know I should. That's the rules follower in me from high school. My first golf meet in high school I got disqualified because I picked up my ball and called it a gimmee after not wanting to putt it for a quadruple bogey. It was on the first hole. Jag off guy I was playing with didn't say a word to me the whole rest of the round and then after we finished, he tells me that he ratted on me to the officials. When we got back on the bus, the first words out of my coach's mouth were "What the fuck were you thinking!?" I know I fucked up, but I was always pissed for playing out my round for no reason. ha.

Anyway, since then, I have always been pretty strict with rules. I knew too many people who would tell me their scores. Then we'd finally play together and I realized why they were shooting as low as they were - not counting strokes, foot wedges, mulligans galore.

I was a dick occasionally when playing in high school. A lot of times you would play with kids and teams that didn't really know the rules. I'd penalize people for teeing up ahead of the markers and stuff like that. My buddy and I called out a kid from a really good team for stabbing at a putt and missing the ball completely on the second to last hole. We wouldn't sign our scorecard until he admitted he missed it. He swore up and down he didn't take a
stroke at it. Once their coach realized they would still win even after taking the higher score he had the kid let us put the score down. After playing
years of competitive golf it has become much more enjoyable to just play for fun and not take it quite as seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:19 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
shakes wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

I was a dick occasionally when playing in high school. A lot of times you would play with kids and teams that didn't really know the rules. I'd penalize people for teeing up ahead of the markers and stuff like that. My buddy and I called out a kid from a really good team for stabbing at a putt and missing the ball completely on the second to last hole. We wouldn't sign our scorecard until he admitted he missed it. He swore up and down he didn't take a
stroke at it. Once their coach realized they would still win even after taking the higher score he had the kid let us put the score down. After playing
years of competitive golf it has become much more enjoyable to just play for fun and not take it quite as seriously.

Yeah, that's a good approach. I really am only strict with myself as I don't really care how anyone else plays regarding rules. I try not to take it too seriously as then I play worse, and there's not much fun in that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

If I know a ball is in play, but its off the fairway and it cannot be found due to leaves, I'll drop about where I think the ball ended up without a penalty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If I know a ball is in play, but its off the fairway and it cannot be found due to leaves, I'll drop about where I think the ball ended up without a penalty.

Even without leaves, if we both saw the ball land in play and cant find it, I'll still let the guy take a free drop. I'm not playing Augusta on Sunday. I'm just out to have some fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Even without leaves, if we both saw the ball land in play and cant find it, I'll still let the guy take a free drop. I'm not playing Augusta on Sunday. I'm just out to have some fun.

The ironic thing is that if you were playing Augusta (or any other PGA tour event) you would never have to worry about this because of the 1000s of people out there looking for your ball. Yet another reason its stupid to play by the same rules as the PGA tour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

If you were playing Augusta, you could hit your ball 200 yards to the right and there still would not be a leaf to be found.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
shakes wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The ironic thing is that if you were playing Augusta (or any other PGA tour event) you would never have to worry about this because of the 1000s of people out there looking for your ball. Yet another reason its stupid to play by the same rules as the PGA tour.

When I was first starting out, me and a friend got paired up with a random old guy who was just a huge old crank. The group in front of us was taking forever to find one of their balls for like the 5th hole in a row and the guy hit one into them and shouted 'just use that one!!' Huge dick move but to a young kid, I thought it was hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

I remember one of the first seasons I was into the game, CHUSE, W_Z, (cof I think?), among others played at Fox Run in Schaumburg. We were behind some totally slow moving bro's, and on the 18th hole, CHUSE stuck a hybrid onto the green literally just as they were walking off. They yelled something back but I can't remember what. They were total dicks. I remember they had went into the clubhouse, and I was standing on #10 ready to tee off, and they flew up on us with their beers and burgers and would not let us go before them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
playing tpc at deere run today. i brought ALL my balls. should be interesting. lots of leaves and lots of blind shots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:19 am 

I am throwing in the towel for the season, at least playing my own ball. Outside chance I will play a 2 man scramble next weekend
but only if the weather looks decent. Had a nice season all things considered. Going to try to focus on getting to the gym and fitness
and with any luck will be able to start playing again next year by March depending on how bad this winter is. My first round out there
was Feb 19th this year but that is atypical.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 am 

hnd wrote:
playing tpc at deere run today. i brought ALL my balls. should be interesting. lots of leaves and lots of blind shots.

Have a good time. I've never played that one but hear it is a nice course.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:54 am 

Got an 8:18 tee time Saturday for a 27 hole scramble. Gonna be way too cold out there. Thought about getting one of those golf cart heater set ups with the cover that wraps around the entire golf cart, but all in it was around $200 so didn't do it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
Got an 8:18 tee time Saturday for a 27 hole scramble. Gonna be way too cold out there. Thought about getting one of those golf cart heater set ups with the cover that wraps around the entire golf cart, but all in it was around $200 so didn't do it.
I'll save you some bread. For $30 I'll get you some handwarmers, and make a sign for your cart that says "I am a huge vagina"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next