It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Might go out at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Anybody interested?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I saw Franklin's bat signal and we are now playing early at Ruffled Feathers for $59. Ugie, What's the course record?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Made the mistake of hitting the Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal irons while waiting for my driver to be re-gripped.

Oh my.

Forgot to mention that the shafts were Nippon Modus Tour 105. Smoothest iron shaft I have ever hit. Stock shaft too. Need to see ballflight outdoors, but the feel is unreal.

Shakes: make sure to check out this shaft for your next irons.

Also, the gap and sand wedge use a softer steel for feel. Love how Mizuno does that.

-Hank Kingsley

Last edited by Furious Styles on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
Ugie, What's the course record?
Probably about 35 less strokes than I'll have tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Put up a smooth 68 at Stonewall Orchard today. Yes, that was just the front nine. Gave up at that point and went home. Shanked every single shot I took and only got a 68 cause I maxed out at double par on 6 of the holes.

Gonna get one more lesson this week and if that doesn't work I'll probably try a lesson with someone else and if that doesn't work I'm pulling a plug on my golf season. the problem is I have 2 golf trips coming up, Wisconsin/Green Lake in 2 weeks and then French Lick at the end of August. I'll end up doing the Wisconsin trip since its in 2 weeks, its close and its free golf for me, but no way I'm driving 8 hours to French Lick just to want to kill myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Yeah, I played for the first time this year today.

Enough said. :|

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I ran out and played 9 yesterday. It was not pleasant but had one hole that reminded me why I like the he gamecand gave me hope. When you top your drive and it goes 125 yards I don't expect to follow up with a long iron stopping 8 feet from hole for second shot. That helped me ignore the awful putting and well everything else for most of the round. Oh well, need to play more as it's hard to get better sitting at her me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 am 
100000 CLUB

53-53 106 at Ruffled Feathers with Furious yesterday. MANY mis hits and doubling down on mistakes lead to some big numbers. My putting was pretty awful too...I think I had six 3putts. Ive fixed the chipping shanks, but now I have a habit of looking up from time to time which is leading to me blading some of those shots.

The course was in really nice shape, and the greens roll pretty good. However there were a few awkward shots and a couple blind tee shots. With it being my first time at the course, I didn't feel comfortable all the time. I'm sure I would shoot better a second or third time there, along with warming up properly at the range.

We played with a guy who basically told us about every blade of grass on the course. He had no filter and every golf thought that popped into his head he said. He also had no idea where most of his shots went, which I was willing to give him a mulligan for because I play with my Dad who can't see very well so I'm used to that. But that mouth, good lord. He told me, "if you can hit it 320 you can go right over those trees." I said Im not a professional, dude. Another time I had just used the GPS app on my phone, and figured about 130 to center of the green and about 110-115 to the front, easy PW for me. He uses his range finger and says, "Ah ya got 156 to the pin." :lol: I was like, no way. I guess you could say it was like golfing and having somebody reading sini posts in the background the entire round.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:33 am 

shakes wrote:
Put up a smooth 68 at Stonewall Orchard today. Yes, that was just the front nine. Gave up at that point and went home. Shanked every single shot I took and only got a 68 cause I maxed out at double par on 6 of the holes.

Gonna get one more lesson this week and if that doesn't work I'll probably try a lesson with someone else and if that doesn't work I'm pulling a plug on my golf season. the problem is I have 2 golf trips coming up, Wisconsin/Green Lake in 2 weeks and then French Lick at the end of August. I'll end up doing the Wisconsin trip since its in 2 weeks, its close and its free golf for me, but no way I'm driving 8 hours to French Lick just to want to kill myself.

Man, I feel for you. Going through that on a track like SO makes it that much worse. I'm just spitballing here, but if you are fighting the shanks and your instructor is trying to get you to hinge your wrists for more distance, I think that's a bad idea. You need a swing fix first. Try to find a guy who can a build a swing around your back issue. Someone who has done it before. Commit to someone reputable for a series of lessons. Todd Sones in Vernon Hills and Brian King at Prairie Landing are guys I hear nothing but good things about.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:25 am 

I had already 86'd the wrist hinge thing before the round even started, so I can't blame that.

Just emailed Todd Sones school about a lesson. Gonna give that a try and if that doesn't work I'm shutting it down for the year and will give it another try next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Played a golf outing on Saturday at Village Greens in Woodridge. What a dog track. Second time playing there and still not impressed.

Drank way too much throughout the day and into the night. Rough Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:

Man, I feel for you. Going through that on a track like SO makes it that much worse. I'm just spitballing here, but if you are fighting the shanks and your instructor is trying to get you to hinge your wrists for more distance, I think that's a bad idea. You need a swing fix first. Try to find a guy who can a build a swing around your back issue. Someone who has done it before. Commit to someone reputable for a series of lessons. Todd Sones in Vernon Hills and Brian King at Prairie Landing are guys I hear nothing but good things about.

I used to run around with Brian King's younger brothers in high school and college. He's a solid guy and good teacher. No word on if he buys drinks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I finally got my golf game back on track. After the broken ankle last summer/fall and the stupid gout in my finger this spring, I fell into some bad habit. Played with my friend on Friday (PGA teaching pro) and he fixed my terrible iron play. Still need to work on what he said to get my timing down, but I could immediately notice a difference. Shot a pair of 83's over the weekend.

Played at Bolingbrook on Saturday. Worth checking out if you haven't played there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 pm 

88 at Ruffled Feathers on Saturday w/Franklin and some jackass.

Drove the ball exceptionally well, but couldn't chip or putt. The chipping was due to little time to warmup, but my putting woes might be equipment related. I had probably 6-7 manageable birdie putts than weren't even close. Pulling everything left since I had my putter re-gripped and I was automatic before the change. Bonehead move on my part.

I was playing my old Razr Hawk driver w/a recently acquired V2HL shaft. The thing is automatic - total point and shoot. I bought it as a backup, but it's staying in the bag.

The jackass we were paired with just yammered on like Dell Griffith. He seemed to utter every fucking thought that went through his head. I more than had enough before the back nine. No wonder the rate was discounted to $59.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Put up a 98 this weekend at the dogtrack that is Joe Louis. Given the amount of rain we had Friday nite and by 'Joe Louis' standards, the course was in tremendous shape. Fairways were 2/3 dry, and the greens rolled true. My mid & long irons sucked, the chipping shanks were back, and my putting was flat out atrocious (five 3putts and a 4 putt :( ). Driver was my best club in the bag. After an 8 and a 9, I managed to go par- birdie- bogey- par- bogey over the final 5 holes to salvage double digits.

Pace of play though...good lord. There was a 16 person bachelor party in front of us. The front 9 took about 140 minutes to play. Not quick, but not terrible for a 10:30 tee time on a Saturday morning either. The ENTIRE party stopped for lunch and beers at the turn, which means we had to wait for all 4 groups to go off on the back before we were able to start #10. Of course the starter was sitting about 100' away on the first tee, saw this going on, and did nothing to speed things along. So we said to hell with it, and played as a 6 some on the back 9. Outside of the 10th tee, the foursome behind us did not have to wait for a single shot of theirs. In fact, we were off of the 18th green as they were just driving up to the 18th tee, which gives you an idea of just how slow they were playing. Every single water jug on the course was empty as well.

Still, its pretty rare that there is more than 3 of my buddies that can get together for a round of golf, so it was a good time. I got to wear my knickers as well!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 am 

GolfWRX.com just let me know I was chosen as 1 of 3 winners for a free Vega wedge of my choice. Giddy-the-fuck-up!

http://www.vega-golf.com/wedges.html

Now I have to get new irons.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Posted a 79 at Inwood in Joliet yesterday. Felt inspired after watching young Jordan.

Was immediately knocked down a few pegs when I learned my buddy posted a 73.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 am 

Played 9 holes yesterday at Willow Hill. Put a head cover outside my ball for every iron shot and didn't shank a single shot all day. Distance way way down as I'm trying to get the clubface on the ball, but I don't care as its just nice to see the ball go forward. For instance, par 3 140 yards into the wind I went with driver and put it 10 yards past the pin. Chipping and putting were good which helped me shoot a 41 (par 35).

Next step is removing the head cover.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:15 am 

My new wedge: 60* loft/10* bounce in satin finish w/Iomic Sticky 2.3 grip:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:

Embrace the Japanese brands!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:30 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Embrace the Japanese brands!

My putters are Taylormade JDM models, I play Mizuno irons/hybrid/irons and a Srixon ball.

My affinity for Callaway drivers will be a problem.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:41 am 
1000 CLUB

Anyone playing this weekend?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I haven't touched a club in two weeks but look forward to getting out Saturday and Sunday. Weather looking pretty nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was turrible last evening. Put every drive right.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:14 am 

My Saturday just opened up, so I'm down for a round.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:31 am 

Slowly making some improvements in my condition. Played in league last night and shot a 48, much improved from the 68 I shot a couple weeks ago. Still plenty of shanks, but actually hit the center of the club face for the first time in a month on my last approach shot of the round so that's encouraging. distance is a mess as I'm concentrating on keeping my hands in tight to my body which is resulting in massive loss of distance. My longest iron is going about 150 yards and my driver is topping out at about 160.

Heading up to Green lake for a golf trip with buddies this weekend. Not looking forward to the golf part of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:04 am 

Ordered a few shirts from these guys. $15 closeout price.

https://2ggapparel.com/collections/summer-blowout

Sizes run one size large apparently.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Anyone playing this weekend?

Furious Styles wrote:
My Saturday just opened up, so I'm down for a round.

Count me in. Let me know where and what time on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:22 pm 

Saturday 11:45 @ Big Run for $54 on Golf Now w/Don.

2 spots open.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
After not touching a club in two weeks I didn't have many expectations. My goal was to swing with a good 90% tempo and when in doubt, club down rather than try to kill the ball. Hit 12 fairways and 13 greens. I only hit five drivers and 9 one irons off the tee. Carded a 73. Will be interesting to see if I can continue striking it well today. I like my new strategy but the course I am playing today is 7000 yds long so I'll be hitting some longer irons in than on the 6600 yd course I played yesterday

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next