It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Kirkwood wrote:
I golfed in Green Bay for a friend's bachelor. First round in 6 years.

The appeal of the game finally clicked. Pack the cart with as much booze as possible and then it becomes fun!
You were in Green Bay. Its literally impossible to enjoy anything there if you're sober.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It was nice knowing you, shakes. You back is literally going to fall apart after all that golf & driving.

You're not paying attention, Frank.

"Pick up 6 guys coming in from Orlando"

Likely one of them knows Tiger's guy. He'll be fine.

Nice courses, shakes.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Furious Styles wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It was nice knowing you, shakes. You back is literally going to fall apart after all that golf & driving.

You're not paying attention, Frank.

"Pick up 6 guys coming in from Orlando"

Likely one of them knows Tiger's guy. He'll be fine.

Nice courses, shakes.

How awesome would it be if one of them turned out to actually be Tiger and he was like, "I heard there'd be weed on this trip!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm 

Rolled 20 joints last night. And I'm pretty sure of the 7 other people only 1 or 2 smoke and not excessively. So only gonna roll 10 more tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Looks like a nice weekend for golf in SE Wisconsin so planning to tee off bright and early both days. I am not expecting much after
a couple of weeks off. I was playing some of my best golf of the season prior to that but unlikely I will just pick that back up. I think
I just will enjoy being out there. I gave blood yesterday and they almost didn't let me donate because my blood pressure was too
high. They retested 5 minutes later and I was just inside the curve to allow it. I have never had any issues with that in my life and
I just think the amount of stress I have been under this summer, all the travel and some poor eating habits have to be the cause.
I'll be home the rest of golf season so I should be able to get in at least 20 more rounds this season before putting the sticks away.

edit : just updated my stats from first 44 rounds. Hitting the mark in some areas, missing it by a lot in others

Average score 79.5

Hitting 43% of fairways - Goal is 55%
Hitting 40% of greens - Goal is 60%
29.6 putts per round - Goal is under 30
0.8 three putts per round - Goal is under 0.75
51.6% scrambling - Goal is 60%
23.7% sand saves - Goal was 50% but I think I will move it to 33% moving forward.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 am 

T-Bone wrote:
putting the sticks away

This simply should not be mentioned in August.

Mods, please ban.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
putting the sticks away

This simply should not be mentioned in August.

Mods, please ban.

:ncool:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
putting the sticks away

This simply should not be mentioned until late October.

Mods, please ban.
Agree.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:45 am 

Frustrating round of golf this morning. If you would have told me I'd hit 8 fairways and 14 greens I'd
Be pretty confident I had a pretty good score. Going +9 on three of the par threes on the other hand
Killed a really nice round. Five shots to get out of the sand on one par three led to an 8. Three shots
To get out of the sand on another par 3 finishing with a six and a missed three footer on another one
To make bogey. Finished up at +8 (80) with all of that. :lol: I'll try again tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:36 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
63 this morning. Birdied every par 4.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
leashyourkids wrote:
63 this morning. Birdied every par 4.

Was that on the back 9 or front 9?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Played Bull Valley from the "Tip of the Horns" yesterday. Brutal course from those tees. Shot 90 and felt pretty good about it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Furious Styles wrote:

Currently in my bag. Great club.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm 

Stayed out of all bunkers yesterday but managed to card a triple bogey coming in on #15. Finished with a 75. I also got a flat tire
on my way home from golf just for good measure. Took it in today and thankfully they were able to patch it rather than buying a whole
new tire.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 pm 

Back from my trip. Great time but to no one's surprise my back gave out and I started shanking shots on the morning of day 2. By day 3 I was shanking just about every shot and by day 4 I just stopped playing altogether. My driver snapped in half early on day 3 (not even my fault, totally just broke on a swing) so had no driver the rest of the way. Had to use a buddy's with a stiff shaft so my usual 190 yard drive was now going 150.

Golf highlight for me was the 2 man scramble we did at Pete Dye course in the afternoon where I drained 90 feet in putts on the back nine and had my only birdie of the weekend. Other highlight was seeing Morgan Pressel at the Brickyard course yesterday, meant to tell her that it looks like the cut the right lady for the Solheim Cup.

My buddy's RV turned out to be a total piece of junk. Surprised we lived through the weekend driving that around. It was like trying to wrestle and elephant while on a boat.

One really funny moment from the trip. After 2 days in a row of 36 holes we were heading into hotel and noticed all the wide load wheelchairs they have there by the door. Apparently lots of fatties come to French Lick. My buddy offered to push me up to the room. Afterwards we decided we might as well take it into town to dinner so I got a ride into town in the wheel chair. Parked it outside the sports bar, went in and ate a nice quiet dinner. about 45 minutes into dinner the place suddenly turned into a packed nightclub with a DJ. Place was mobbed and eventually we decided to leave cause of golf the next day. Wheel chari was still sitting where I hitched it outside the bar so got in and then decided to amuse our friends by wheeling me into the bar. Decided to take it one step futher and wheel me onto the packed dance floor. place immediately went nuts and everyone started cheering. I started doing a fist pump and everyone started clapping in tune. next thing ya know they clear out a circle for me and my buddy starts spinning me around and all that. There were a handful of hotties (as well as plenty of non hotties) and they all surrounded me and started trying to dance with the crippled guy in the wheel chair, shaking their ass in front of me. I eventually exited the dance floor to a large ovation. Then I went back to the hotel cause as fun as that was I really just wanted to go to bed. Should've thought of that bit 20 years ago although I don't think the guy in the chair gets laid in that bit, but his buddy pushing him around sure would.

All the courses we played were really nice. Broadmoor CC in Indy is a fantastic Donald Ross design with everything you expect from Donald Ross including the lightning quick greens and tricky par 3s. Course was in pristine condition.

Sultans Run, a Pete Dye course connected to the resort, but located 30 miles away in Jasper is a real hidden gem.

The Donald Ross course at the resort is another great course and they were celebrating their 100th year. All the staff had old time clothes and knickers and they had a set of hickory stick drivers at the first tee box for anyone to try out for a shot.

The gem of the trip is the Pete Dye course. Simply amazing. Much better than Whistling Straits IMO, much more fun to play and not as tricked out. amazing views of the valley, different but just as cool as the lake views of Whistling Straits.

Brickyard at Indy500 was really cool. Yet another Pete Dye, it is hosting the LPGA in a couple weeks. 4 of the holes are inside the infield of the race track. Really cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

47-40 at Coyote Run on Saturday morning. Hit the irons very well overall, and like TBone I was able to stay away from all sand. Two bad drives got me into some trouble on the front 9, which lead to two doubles and a triple. Played very well on the back 9 with a birdie and 4 pars. Took a 7 on a the short, easy par four 15th with a water ball, but bounced back to finish par, par, bogey. Only one 3 putt and hit 6 GIR. My Dad shot an 82, and my buddy who also played with his shot his personal best of 93. Weather and pace of play was terrific, and the course was in great shape.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 am 

Yet another beautiful weekend shaping up for golf this weekend. Plans are to get out early both days again. Going to be heading
north for Labor Day weekend and not sure if I will be bringing the clubs or not but I am going to try. I think I will need to get out
a morning or two to get a break from the family and the in-laws.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 am 

having another lesson with Todd Sones next Tuesday to decide if I can still play this game. Hopefully he fixes me because I am heading up to Green Lake Wednesday for a long weekend.

Not touching a club until the lesson so no golf for me this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
shakes wrote:

Why? Practice what he taught you last time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
shakes wrote:

Why? Practice what he taught you last time.

because at this point I doubt I can even recreate what he told me to do based on my results this weekend. Its not like I wasn't trying to do what he told me over the weekend as I was shanking every single shot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Have a 6:36 tee time with misters Furious Styles & Don's Piracy tomorrow at Broken Arrow in Lockport. I assume we will shoot a combined -11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Have a 6:36 tee time with misters Furious Styles & Don's Piracy tomorrow at Broken Arrow in Lockport. I assume we will shoot a combined -11

Furious was nailing his drives today at Settler's Hill. I played like crap. I had a new driver and 3-wood in the bag (both are used, but new to me), and it was my fourth round of the year, so it wasn't a surprise. My irons were pretty strong, and I putted okay.

Both kids are now in school all day, so there will be some time for my game to improve.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

welome bACK?

I think Furious hit all but 1 fairway last time I played with him, he just couldn't drain a putt to save his life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
The horror, the horror...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:09 pm 

88 at Settlers Hill w/Chus. 91 at Broken Arrow w/Franklin and donspiracy.

First time playing both courses. SH had some interesting elevation changes. BH was in perfect condition, really enjoyable. Driver is dialed in, but putting and wedge play are costing me strokes, which is completely opposite of where I was earlier in the year, where ballstriking was my weakness. This fucking game.

Absolutely perfect golf weather on both days. Putting the Stingray Ghost mallet putter back into play. I think the problem has been me standing too upright at address lately. We'll see.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Furious Styles wrote:
88 at Settlers Hill w/Chus. 91 at Broken Arrow w/Franklin and donspiracy.

First time playing both courses. SH had some interesting elevation changes. BH was in perfect condition, really enjoyable. Driver is dialed in, but putting and wedge play are costing me strokes, which is completely opposite of where I was earlier in the year, where ballstriking was my weakness. This fucking game.

Absolutely perfect golf weather on both days. Putting the Stingray Ghost mallet putter back into play. I think the problem has been me standing too upright at address lately. We'll see.

It's certainly unlike most around here. It does suck when you drive the ball into the middle of the fairway, and the ball is six inches above your feet. Not that I found many fairways yesterday.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
shakes wrote:
Back from my trip. Great time but to no one's surprise my back gave out and I started shanking shots on the morning of day 2. By day 3 I was shanking just about every shot and by day 4 I just stopped playing altogether. My driver snapped in half early on day 3 (not even my fault, totally just broke on a swing) so had no driver the rest of the way. Had to use a buddy's with a stiff shaft so my usual 190 yard drive was now going 150.

Golf highlight for me was the 2 man scramble we did at Pete Dye course in the afternoon where I drained 90 feet in putts on the back nine and had my only birdie of the weekend. Other highlight was seeing Morgan Pressel at the Brickyard course yesterday, meant to tell her that it looks like the cut the right lady for the Solheim Cup.

My buddy's RV turned out to be a total piece of junk. Surprised we lived through the weekend driving that around. It was like trying to wrestle and elephant while on a boat.

One really funny moment from the trip. After 2 days in a row of 36 holes we were heading into hotel and noticed all the wide load wheelchairs they have there by the door. Apparently lots of fatties come to French Lick. My buddy offered to push me up to the room. Afterwards we decided we might as well take it into town to dinner so I got a ride into town in the wheel chair. Parked it outside the sports bar, went in and ate a nice quiet dinner. about 45 minutes into dinner the place suddenly turned into a packed nightclub with a DJ. Place was mobbed and eventually we decided to leave cause of golf the next day. Wheel chari was still sitting where I hitched it outside the bar so got in and then decided to amuse our friends by wheeling me into the bar. Decided to take it one step futher and wheel me onto the packed dance floor. place immediately went nuts and everyone started cheering. I started doing a fist pump and everyone started clapping in tune. next thing ya know they clear out a circle for me and my buddy starts spinning me around and all that. There were a handful of hotties (as well as plenty of non hotties) and they all surrounded me and started trying to dance with the crippled guy in the wheel chair, shaking their ass in front of me. I eventually exited the dance floor to a large ovation. Then I went back to the hotel cause as fun as that was I really just wanted to go to bed. Should've thought of that bit 20 years ago although I don't think the guy in the chair gets laid in that bit, but his buddy pushing him around sure would.

All the courses we played were really nice. Broadmoor CC in Indy is a fantastic Donald Ross design with everything you expect from Donald Ross including the lightning quick greens and tricky par 3s. Course was in pristine condition.

Sultans Run, a Pete Dye course connected to the resort, but located 30 miles away in Jasper is a real hidden gem.

The Donald Ross course at the resort is another great course and they were celebrating their 100th year. All the staff had old time clothes and knickers and they had a set of hickory stick drivers at the first tee box for anyone to try out for a shot.

The gem of the trip is the Pete Dye course. Simply amazing. Much better than Whistling Straits IMO, much more fun to play and not as tricked out. amazing views of the valley, different but just as cool as the lake views of Whistling Straits.

Brickyard at Indy500 was really cool. Yet another Pete Dye, it is hosting the LPGA in a couple weeks. 4 of the holes are inside the infield of the race track. Really cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next