It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
This is the old garbage dump in Geneva right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Batavia.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Chus wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Batavia.

That's right. Fabyan not 38. Been a long time since I spent significant time in tri cities area. Went on s cue kid trip there and the recycling center for earth day like 26 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Chus wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
88 at Settlers Hill w/Chus. 91 at Broken Arrow w/Franklin and donspiracy.

First time playing both courses. SH had some interesting elevation changes. BH was in perfect condition, really enjoyable. Driver is dialed in, but putting and wedge play are costing me strokes, which is completely opposite of where I was earlier in the year, where ballstriking was my weakness. This fucking game.

Absolutely perfect golf weather on both days. Putting the Stingray Ghost mallet putter back into play. I think the problem has been me standing too upright at address lately. We'll see.

It's certainly unlike most around here. It does suck when you drive the ball into the middle of the fairway, and the ball is six inches above your feet. Not that I found many fairways yesterday.

You'll be hitting more fairways once you get used to the new gear.

My short game needs a wake up call. Throwing the Vega 60* wedge from GolfWRX into the bag. Noticed the shaft on my current lob wedge is slightly longer than my sand wedge. The Vega is 1/4" shorter, consistent w/my other wedge gaps.

Forgot to mention the multiple pins at Broken Arrow. Each hole had two pins or, in a few cases, two greens to choose from. Makes for a weird visual the first time playing the course. We played from about 6600 yards.

I'll be back.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Glad you liked Broken Arrow, Furious. It's a cool course, generally in great shape. I enjoy the hell out of it.

I started out hitting the ball great. Was +2 thru 5 holes with three 1 putts. Lost balls really killed me, as I had 5 during the round :( . I had 6 pars on the day, but Four 7s and an 8 killed the card and I ended up with an even 100. After a 46 on the front (with three 7s), I was pretty disappointed to not keep the score in double digits. My short irons we're money all day. Driver was so so, and chipping was bleh. Put anything longer than a 6iron in hand and it's being yanked 40 yards left.

Furious was a machine with that driver. I think he missed one fairway. Seriously. Don didn't have his best stuff, but still had some good shots overall. Around the greens his game has progressed incredibly well.

Seconded on the weather. Pretty much perfect. That with a great course and good company made for quite the enjoyable morning despite some rough holes and few club throws.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Continued to hit the ball relatively well this weekend but a couple of big holes ruined my score on Saturday and yesterday I scored well
despite a lost ball, a couple three putts and a missed 3 foot putt. So close to putting it all together. Probably try to play Thursday morning
before I head up north. I haven't decided whether I will bring the golf clubs with. I really could probably just use some down time to rest
and relax for a few days. Haven't been feeling like myself and physically feel awful.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Abbreviated round on Friday at Ruffled Feathers. Got dark really quick, and I almost killed a man (twice) so I got the hell out of dodge.

Shot 85 at Cantigny on Sunday. Always enjoy that course no matter the score.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Gave it another go yesterday after a week of rest. Also wanted to try out my new driver, forgot to mention that my driver shaft snapped in half on a swing while in French Lick (totally not my fault, didn't abuse it at all). Bought it new last month so went to Dicks and they gave me full refund no questions asked. Turned around and bought the Epic driver.

Went to Coyote Run yesterday and played the white tees which is only 5900. Started out great without a shank until #3 when I had my first shank. Ended up shooting a 88 with 10 shanks and 3 OB penalties. I think that's actually a pretty impressive score all things considered. Really like the new driver and hit 11/13 fairways.

Going for a lesson with Sones tomorrow, hoping to get fixed and have at least one enjoyable weekend of golf this summer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
Gave it another go yesterday after a week of rest. Also wanted to try out my new driver, forgot to mention that my driver shaft snapped in half on a swing while in French Lick (totally not my fault, didn't abuse it at all). Bought it new last month so went to Dicks and they gave me full refund no questions asked. Turned around and bought the Epic driver.

Went to Coyote Run yesterday and played the white tees which is only 5900. Started out great without a shank until #3 when I had my first shank. Ended up shooting a 88 with 10 shanks and 3 OB penalties. I think that's actually a pretty impressive score all things considered. Really like the new driver and hit 11/13 fairways.

Going for a lesson with Sones tomorrow, hoping to get fixed and have at least one enjoyable weekend of golf this summer.

I am sympathetic to your game struggles. Sones is obviously one of the best, but have you considered a lesson package at GOLFTEC?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:52 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
shakes wrote:

I am sympathetic to your game struggles. Sones is obviously one of the best, but have you considered a lesson package at GOLFTEC?

why would I do that when I'm already seeing one of the best?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:

Throw your clubs in the lake, and buy new ones.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:

Did you purchase a series of lessons from him?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:55 pm 

Three-day weekend. Many golfs will be played.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:01 pm 

Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:

Throw your clubs in the lake, and buy new ones.

This is the only reasonable course of action.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:25 pm 

shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:

Did you purchase a series of lessons from him?

no. One at a time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:05 am 

Playing tomorrow and Friday morning early but won't be bringing clubs up north. Oh well, next couple of days look nice and so does
this weekend for everyone heading out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am 

lesson last night with Todd Sones was interesting. Learned that there are 2 kinds of shanks, the standard over the top shank where my body dives at the ball and the hozzle makes contact and a timing shank as well which is one I was never aware of. That's when my body gets too quick and too far ahead of my hands and when I bring the club through I expose the hozzle. I was shanking a lot fo balls during the lesson so we went to the tape to compare my swing from last night to my swing from the last lesson when I was hitting balls well. Sure enough, I had a much more committed body turn in my back swing at the first lesson, whereas this lesson I was barely turning and experiencing plenty of timing shanks.

My grip was also a little weak and I wasn't bringing the club back square on takeaway, was rolling my right hand which also caused the hozzle to lead.

By the very end of the lesson I started picking it up by committing to a body turn, brining the club back square and strengthening my grip. But, later when I got home my back was extrememly sore the rest of the night and this morning.

Heading up to Green Lake this afternoon, tee time tomorrow, looking forward to trying this out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Good luck, shakes.

I think I may be rolling my right hand on occasion as well, especially with my mid/long irons. 2:20 Saturday at George Dunne for me. 90-95 is my the goal, but I'll take anything <99.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am 

Casually eyeing this putter:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:29 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Good luck, shakes.

I think I may be rolling my right hand on occasion as well, especially with my mid/long irons. 2:20 Saturday at George Dunne for me. 90-95 is my the goal, but I'll take anything <99.

2:20 on a Saturday at George Dunne. Your goal should be to finish before darkness.

Last edited by shakes on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:30 am 

Furious if you're gonna go down that route you might as well go all in and casually eye yourself a Spider. I prefer the red.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Good luck, shakes.

2:20 on a Saturday at George Dunne. You're goal should be to finish before darkness.
:lol: I know. Kind of playing with fire. But I found it for $26 on GolfNow, and they had MANY tee times available in the late AM/early PM so hopefully it won't be too bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

Got fit for a new driver at True Spec Golf in Highland Park last night. Fantastic experience for a growing company new to the area.

When all was said and done, the new Callaway Epic Sub Zero (with appropriate settings and specs) added 16 yards to my drive on average.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 am 

I think we have them listed somewhere but if you pull the trigger how many putters does that give you Furious, or have you traded/sold some?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:53 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I think we have them listed somewhere but if you pull the trigger how many putters does that give you Furious, or have you traded/sold some?

He's allowed 13.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:23 pm 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

He's allowed 13.

:lol: How about 13 putters and one of these to use around the green.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:12 pm 

I've always wanted to try one of those just for fun. Saw they were selling about 20 of them at Dicks recently, didn't realize the market was so strong for the chipper.

I've only ever seen old men using them on the course.

Honestly though, I bet it would help out quite a lot of people who have trouble chipping around the green.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:48 pm 

shakes wrote:
I've always wanted to try one of those just for fun. Saw they were selling about 20 of them at Dicks recently, didn't realize the market was so strong for the chipper.

I've only ever seen old men using them on the course.

Honestly though, I bet it would help out quite a lot of people who have trouble chipping around the green.

I am sure there is a market for them. I do almost all of my chipping from 25 yards and in with my putting grip anyway. Put an 8 iron in
your hand with your putting grip and you have the chipper pretty much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Manny's
Got fit for a new driver at True Spec Golf in Highland Park last night. Fantastic experience for a growing company new to the area.

When all was said and done, the new Callaway Epic Sub Zero (with appropriate settings and specs) added 16 yards to my drive on average.

I liked that driver when I got fitted as well. Ultimately hit the Titleist 917D2 a little bit better, and I have been extremely happy with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:45 am 

shakes wrote:
Furious if you're gonna go down that route you might as well go all in and casually eye yourself a Spider. I prefer the red.

I wanted to like the Spider Tour putter, but I don't care for it much. It feels cheap and the shape/wings don't suit my eye, even if they offered it in a center shaft version. Much prefer Odyssey when it comes to retail putters. Going to see those Spiders popping up on eBay when people figure out that slant necks aren't for everyone.

T-Bone wrote:

I have two putters, both are Taylormade center-shafted models from Japan (JDM). It only seems like I have more since I work 1/2 mile from a PGA Superstore and constantly try new ones.

One is a 34" Ghost Fontana mid-mallet and the other is 34.5" Ghost Stingray mallet. 34.5" is my preferred length. I can get the Odyssey at 34.5 with custom lie angle for under $200 shipped. I will probably hang on to both TM putters because of the weight kit and the build quality is first rate, but I think I figured out why the mallet suddenly went cold.

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next