It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Sounds like Kuchar's swing.

In theory...

Jesus, of all the pros to try and mimic a swing I had to pick that guy?

That man has done quite well for himself with that swing.

yea and there's a reason no one else has the same swing.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

In theory...

It's a weird swing. It looks like he is pulling away from the ball when he starts his backswing.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:46 pm 

Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

In theory...

It's a weird swing. It looks like he is pulling away from the ball when he starts his backswing.

its very unique to him and him alone, hence my comment about not being too happy about trying to mimic it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Shakes is the Bizarro Kuchar, as Kooch is considered one of the nicest guys on tour.

Maybe the Lawsonia members can come up with a similar sounding name like "Kooooooch!"

Something like "J-O-O!"

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

In theory...

So has The Vulture.

Despite the glorious weather, my clubs are staying in the garage for another week.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Despite the glorious weather, my clubs are staying in the garage for another week.

:(

We'll get you straightened out.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:23 am 
100000 CLUB

I hope. The last few rounds have not been fun at all. I dont expect to shoot 85 all the time, but 105+ is ridiculous.

Maybe ill hit up a range or a par 3 course during the week if my schedule allows.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hit a bucket of balls last night and was quite satisfied with the results. I'd like to see that translate to the course this weekend.
I hit the ball well at the range last week and played poorly the following weekend. I'd be thrilled to break 80 and have no blow up holes
for once. Looking forward to finally being able to wear shorts as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Shakes is the Bizarro Kuchar, as Kooch is considered one of the nicest guys on tour.

Maybe the Lawsonia members can come up with a similar sounding name like "Kooooooch!"

Something like "J-O-O!"

you won March Madness with material like this????

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Is it bad that I had to yell FORE on the driving range??

Hit the ball at least 300 yards. 150 straight ahead, then another 150 to the right.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:41 pm 

shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Something like "J-O-O!"

you won March Madness with material like this????

OF course not. I wanted to win, not offend.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Playing Ruffled Feathers at 3:06 if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Weirdest round I've had in a long time. Made three birdies and shot 88. Golf is weird.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:01 am 

Shot an 83 at St. Andrews/Lakewood course while playing with the greatest person ever aka donspiracy. Don is making big improvements to his game: driver, fairway wood and wedges around the green were better than ever.

You've been warned.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:23 am 
100000 CLUB

On a whim, I went to Gleneagles(White) with a buddy. We teed off around 4:30, and I love twilight golf. There was hardly anybody out there. We played 19 holes and I was home by 8.

The first few holes was more of the same terrible golf. About the 6th hole I started hitting the ball much better, and managed 3 pars and a 46 on the back. (Had a 53 on the front). My buddy had been going thru some big struggles as well, and improved from his 65 on the front by 10 shots on the back 9.

106 for 19 holes isnt a great score, but it was the first enjoyable round of golf Ive had in over a month. It was great to hit some good shots and leave the course feeling happy and optimistic about my game. Baby steps, but progress was definitely made last nite.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:47 am 

Don was w/out the Louisville Slugger snd survived an unauthorized geese flyover.

St. Andrews was in pristine condition yesterday. Bunkers were manicured and manageable, the greens were perfect; rolled fast but true. Managed to finish 18 holes on a Saturday afternoon in just over 3 1/2 hours.

GLORIOUS.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:36 pm 

Made great progress with my new swing this weekend. Played yesterday at Sportsman with a buddy and a friend of his. Played ok and shot a 86. The drive started coming around a bit and i hit 7/13 fairways with 3 slices and one topped shot (18).

Went at it again this morning at the treacherous Mt. Prospect. Back was pretty sore and every shot at the range was fat, but didn't play terribly on the front. Had some trouble around their ridiculous circus greens and shot a 47. Then went out and did something on the back Ive never done in my life, shot even par. 35. Birdie on 10 and then later found myself staring down the first 6 foot eagle putt of my life, drained it. Played the final 6 holes at -2. 82 for the day thanks to that front nine, but feeling great about my game at the moment.

Was roping drives down the middle most of the day, 5/6 of the final six holes. And the iron swing is coming around with some really nice draws today.

And can't explain it, but I've been putting better this season than I ever have. Only 3 3-putts in 36 holes this weekend. 10 1-putts.

Gonna go in for another lesson this week and see how we can fine tune this stallion.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:43 am 

Beautiful weekend for golf. Shot an 81 on Saturday with a double and triple on the card. Yesterday I added something to my preshot
routine to remember to turn my shoulders. I hit a couple of poor shots but overall I think it helped and I avoided all the blow up holes.
Shot a 75 with three birdies. Managed to play the same ProV golf ball all weekend which doesn't happen very often either.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Sounds like there was some pretty good golf this weekend. Good job, gentlemen.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 am 

I have a meeting that runs until 11:30 and then I think there is a good chance I will bug out and play golf for my birthday. Looks nice out there.
Shepherds Crook $35 walking during the week could be the ticket.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:41 pm 

My putting has never been stronger, I have two putters that I am perfectly content with, yet I find myself at PGA Superstore 2-3 times a week dicking around with putters.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
My putting has never been stronger, I have two putters that I am perfectly content with, yet I find myself at PGA Superstore 2-3 times a week dicking around with putters.

I'd be interested in knowing the volume of putters sold compared to other clubs. Putters are the easiest and most convenient things to try out at the store.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:03 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

you pick up the Taylormade Spider putter yet? Evidently its the hottest thing out there and they can't keep them on the shelves and all the pros want one.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

you pick up the Taylormade Spider putter yet? Evidently its the hottest thing out there and they can't keep them on the shelves and all the pros want one.

It's pretty wild how many players are jumping on this bandwagon.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:44 pm 

shakes wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Vijay is playing one now.

I actually was fitted for the original version of the S slant by Club Champion. It was the Ghost Spider S Slant that retailed for like $149. It's a better build quality than the $300 Day/DJ models. I'm pretty dialed in with the center-shaft stroke now.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Attempting to build on my minor success from Saturday, I went to Zigfield Troy, a par 3 course Woodridge this afternoon. Can't beat $13 for a bucket of balls and 9 holes. As I hit the small warm up bucket, I noticed that I was turning my hands over just as I started taking the club back. When I stopped doing that, the snap hooks stopped.

I played pretty well. Two balls the entire time, 34-32, hit 8 greens and had 6 pars. I was fairly happy with the chipping and putting, as I only had two 3 putts, one double bogey, and 11 singles. Most importantly, I enjoyed myself out there and with very few people around, was able to take my time walking and lining up my putts and shots.

Hopefully the terrible golf of late March thru early May is gone. I'm sure bad shots will rear their ugly heads again, but hopefully this only lasts 3 or 4 holes and not the entire round.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:57 pm 

Decided to avail myself of the putting green outside Pulte Group's HQ. They may not know how to build a house, but they know what they're doing in the area of artificial putting greens.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:31 am 

Got out to play yesterday but it Mr Hyde came back into my swing. Back to swinging with my arms rather than getting a
strong shoulder turn which causes inconsistent ball striking and some wild hooks. Couple that with a very strong 3 club wind
coming out of the south and it made for a rough afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:46 am 

Furious Styles wrote:

Can you list what putters you currently own? I have the following in my stable currently...

I have two old Titleist Bullseyes that I used to use in high school but don't use them at all anymore.

I picked this thing up somewhere along the way. In college I used to trade clubs with guys all the time. I just put a counter weighted
grip on it and I really like it the best of all my putters but it has always just felt too light. Ping Blade is all that it says on the back.

Around 2002 I picked up a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna but again I just never fell in love with it and had it in and out of the bag
many different times.

Finally picked up a Scotty Cameron California Coronado around 2010 that I have had a lot of luck with and very rarely have pulled it from
the bag for more than a week. I think it is only 34 inches long but it works for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:09 am 
1000 CLUB

If you ever look to unload that Pro Platinum, let me know.

(that's what she said)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next