It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Tiger drunk?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Darkside wrote:
So who will create the brilliant mult to mock me?
Maybe imu or favre fan can create "Darkside's Smile" and just have one clever post saying "I'm lost!"
That would dovetail nicely wuth the similarly brilliant marijuana mom and the soda pop mult or the equally amazing sjw mult that was used in the Chas posts.

Eye of the beholder. When I first started posting on this board a lot, you'd attack me constantly as Evil JACK while being cool with me at Real Time or Katie OConnor's. Holier than thou won't suit you here. You're upset with people ribbing you for canceling Lakemoorfest. You're upset with people hoping for clarify on why. Besides Free Ajent's comment, I don't see anything here that should have you going off as you are. R-E-L-A-X

Last edited by IMU on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is literally the only way to get Nas, Darkside, 'arps, Denis, and Brick all posting in a golf thread.

Probably

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:16 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
It's all right there for you in the Lakemoor Fest thread. Darkside was well beyond the "good guy buys drinks meme" in that he opened his house up to us. Despite what you may think of his posting, once you met him in person, you realized he was great guy. And that applies to every person I have met around this place.
Who wasn't just joking around in that thread?

I dunno, hard to tell with folks around here. It was pretty persistent and way past the point of amusing. What bothered me the most is people thought Darkside posted that in some Facebook sort of drama. I actually needed that information and had requested it from him and was glad he confirmed it one way or another.

Im sorry you were bothered by that accurate portrayal of the post.

Its even more obvious now it was posted because he was unhappy with the board in general and not really as a PSA for those attending. Probably like 80% statement on the board 20% PSA

Oh and btw, most of us have been guilty of that kind of thing in one way or another so its not a big deal anyway.
It also really took off when good dolphin pointed out that Darkside a few months earlier had previously mentioned concerns about "inviting people to his home" when the chas stuff came out.

I mean, if he had come out and said "Lakemoorfest is cancelled because FF burned a pizza in my oven" then it would have been a quick thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Maybe imu or favre fan can create "Darkside's Smile" and just have one clever post saying "I'm lost!"
That would dovetail nicely wuth the similarly brilliant marijuana mom and the soda pop mult or the equally amazing sjw mult that was used in the Chas posts.

Eye of the beholder. When I first started posting on this board a lot, you'd attack me constantly as Evil JACK while being cool with me at Real Time or Katie OConnor's. Holier than thou won't suit you here.

Yeah Evil Jack was the first person to DB me and it happened mins after a debate with DS. I knew it was him. Just like I knew it was him that shared some things that were primarily jokingly said about Chus in chat. Dr. Ken confirmed what I suspected last week.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am 

So, AGAIN, you predicted the correct outcome based on bad evidence.

You got any lottery numbers?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:18 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
So, AGAIN, you predicted the correct outcome based on bad evidence.

You got any lottery numbers?
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If you think the lakemoorfest thread was an effort to attract attention you have a poor perception of what I do here and my ultimate reaction to that thread.
If I was looking for attention I probably wouldn't have stopped posting for three or so weeks.

I'm quite confident there are plenty of people who will tell you they had messaged or texted me asking about the time and clarifying the date. As it got closer to the time in which folks might be making plans for transportation, sitters, or menus I felt it was appropriate to publically announce that something that was generally accepted as a given over the previous 6 years or so was no longer an event.

By those standards of logic any thread we start can be said to be attention whoring. Was your thread of quoting etiquette intended to be read by nobody and not replied to?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 am 

Darkside wrote:
If you think the lakemoorfest thread was an effort to attract attention you have a poor perception of what I do here and my ultimate reaction to that thread.
If I was looking for attention I probably wouldn't have stopped posting for three or so weeks.

I'm quite confident there are plenty of people who will tell you they had messaged or texted me asking about the time and clarifying the date. As it got closer to the time in which folks might be making plans for transportation, sitters, or menus I felt it was appropriate to publically announce that something that was generally accepted as a given over the previous 6 years or so was no longer an event.

By those standards of logic any thread we start can be said to be attention whoring. Was your thread of quoting etiquette intended to be read by nobody and not replied to?

Not posting after being a regular for a long time IS a way of getting attention, but that's not the point.

Ill take you at your word about why you posted it. My take on it was my perception after reading it.

My thread was meant for people who do that annoying quote thing. I hope they stop so I can read their posts without getting SCROLL fatigue.

I very much look for attention on this board often though, so Ill plead guilty there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am 

IMU wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Eye of the beholder. When I first started posting on this board a lot, you'd attack me constantly as Evil JACK while being cool with me at Real Time or Katie OConnor's. Holier than thou won't suit you here. You're upset with people ribbing you for canceling Lakemoorfest. You're upset with people hoping for clarify on why. Besides Free Ajent's comment, I don't see anything here that should have you going off as you are. R-E-L-A-X

You know imu, you pulled some real nasty shit on me back when we first met, or I should say after we first met. I'm not the kind of guy to drag someone into an ally and try to beat them up but you, unless you have a record breaking lack of self awareness, should have known that I was not your biggest fan. I'm not looking to ruin anyone's day, and I'll play nice with everyone. Was I "cool" with you? Not particularly. But I wasn't trying to be rude to you either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:30 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Not posting after being a regular for a long time IS a way of getting attention, but that's not the point.

Ill take you at your word about why you posted it. My take on it was my perception after reading it.

My thread was meant for people who do that annoying quote thing. I hope they stop so I can read their posts without getting SCROLL fatigue.
I very much look for attention on this board often though, so Ill plead guilty there.

So posting is a way of looking for attention and getting sick of the drama infusion and logging off for a few weeks is looking for attention. Looks like an unwinnable position. No matter what I do is be looking for attention.
When I did douchebag of the week 10 years ago I was enjoying the attention. I wanted to make people laugh. That was my goal.
Looking back on it perhaps you're right, the lakemoorfest thread was a subliminal commentary on the current status of the board. Up front, my reasons are far less clandestine and significantly more practical. At the time I didn't really want to explain my reasoning as I was hoping to maintain a peaceful ending to the whole thing without having to lie about the reasoning behind it.

Last edited by Darkside on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is literally the only way to get Nas, Darkside, 'arps, Denis, and Brick all posting in a golf thread.

I am not a hater until we start talking golf or soccer (and Chus sometimes). :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:33 am 

Darkside wrote:

That is how I read it. I only had a hint that the event wasn't happening because Jorr told me at Arlington Park. Then I asked you in another thread. I was glad you confirmed it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
Darkside wrote:

That is how I read it. I only had a hint that the event wasn't happening because Jorr told me at Arlington Park. Then I asked you in another thread. I was glad you confirmed it.

I don't think that was me. The only way I knew was because of the post and I think that was made after the AP event.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am 

Darkside,
I hope you can find peace and a way to once again enjoy the board. It happens that some people change and the board no longer provides them something they need or want in their lives. It's normally more a reflection of their life changes and not really the board changing. The board is still mostly just a bunch of dumb guys talking about dumb stuff and people obsessed with Julie DiCaro.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:37 am 

By the way, is Lakemoorfest on for next year?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
By the way, is Lakemoorfest on for next year?

You son of a...

:)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Was Tiger going?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think that was me. The only way I knew was because of the post and I think that was made after the AP event.

No I am positive I head it from you that you were tipped off that it was not happening. We went to AP on early July. DS posted on July 22.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=107582

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No I am positive I head it from you that you were tipped off that it was not happening. We went to AP on early July. DS posted on July 22.

I don't know how I would have known that. It's not like I'm a close confidant of Darkside.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Was Tiger going?

He was trying to get an early start.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know how I would have known that. It's not like I'm a close confidant of Darkside.

You know everything....

In any case, you merely indicated that he may not being doing it this year. It sounded like you had heard it from someone else. You weren't sure. It just caused me to ask DS because I had assumed it was on and was arranging transportation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I give Darkside a score of 92% on the "whiny little bitch" meter for his work in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
shakes wrote:
I give Darkside a score of 92% on the "whiny little bitch" meter for his work in this thread.

Who has the highest score?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
In a Tiger Woods thread? Usually, you. :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
In a Tiger Woods thread? Usually, you. :P

Not Back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
shakes wrote:

Who has the highest score?

Today? Darkside. But, I left some room in there for someone to top him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:54 am 

Oh but Tiger can walk right in and get the endless apps, no problem :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:55 am 

Somehow, I knew I could count on you, shakes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Oh but Tiger can walk right in and get the endless apps, no problem :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

After reading this the mere idea of endless apps was disgusting:

http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for ... 1606122925

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:01 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Somehow, I knew I could count on you, shakes.

Did. Not. Happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next