It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Putter #3 arrived. Now I have a mallet, mid-mallet and blade in my arsenal. This one will stay at work for the adjacent putting green. Forgot how much I enjoy lightweight Ping putters.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Went to the range for the 3rd time this month on Sunday. It was a bit frosty, but kept my ears covered and was fine. I have been watching a shit ton of Rick Sheils on YouTube. Did the thing with putting my left hand over the top of the club and made a complete difference in my shot. That and working on balance all the way through a proper swing finish.

Least consistent club in the bag is the 4 hybrid. Slowing backswing way the hell down and maybe even mixing in some technique, it is showing improvement as well. Putting green is finally open at Flagg Creek, was even knocking putts down from further than a club length. :eye:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Furious Styles wrote:
Putter #3 arrived. Now I have a mallet, mid-mallet and blade in my arsenal. This one will stay at work for the adjacent putting green. Forgot how much I enjoy lightweight Ping putters.

I really love my old Ping O-Blade but for some reason always thought it was too light. Tried putting lead tape on it and still wasn't right. Added
the counter weighted Super Stroke grip and now it feels all out of balance. I used it for a week last year when my gamer was in jail but I just
couldn't stick with it. PING makes a nice flat stick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 am 

I think I am going to duck out of work a little early and try to get in at least 9 holes this afternoon. Easter Sunday looks like a no go.
I am going to try to tough it out Friday and Saturday even though it will likely be a big chilly and probably wet on Saturday. If it means
avoiding time with my step daughter it will be worth it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 am 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Furious Styles wrote:
Perfect weekend for shakes to resurrect his golf game.

I just got that joke.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:56 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I really love my old Ping O-Blade but for some reason always thought it was too light. Tried putting lead tape on it and still wasn't right. Added
the counter weighted Super Stroke grip and now it feels all out of balance. I used it for a week last year when my gamer was in jail but I just
couldn't stick with it. PING makes a nice flat stick.

Yeah, Ping putters are generally pretty light and this one is no exception. My mallet is 350g and the SeeMore I'm gaming is 360g. Reminds me of my 1st proper golf club - a 36" Ping Anser from 1997 that I gripped down a few inches. This one is fun for carpet putting in the office.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I shot a nice little 79 today (glad i don't have to post it!). No doubles and one birdie. I've really been trying to concentrate on shortening my backswing and did a good job of that today. I can just feel the solid contact when I don't over swing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:47 am 

Nice shooting Franky 8)

I walked 9 after work yesterday and just kind of goofed off since there were groups ahead of me. One thing I did was
adjust my grip a bit and it seemed to pay dividends but I am going to have to work with it more. I don't have a particularly
textbook grip to begin with. My left hand is pretty neutral and my thumb is pretty much straight down the shaft at 12 o clock.
My right hand is pretty strong. I moved the thumb on my left hand to about one o'clock and was finding that I wasn't able to
come over the top of it very easily, almost like an anti-left swing. I even got a fade off of one of my drives. It definitely felt
strange but I couldn't argue with the results. Had fun trying to dial in the new 58 degree wedge. It is perfect from about 75
yards to take an 80% swing and stuck a few close. I am going to have some work to do in order to close the gap with the 52
degree between that 120 - 80 yard window. Really miss my 56 which was perfect from 100. Tempting to even take out one
of my long clubs but I can't even imagine which one it would be. The bag is definitely top end heavy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:23 am 

Got out on Friday and the weather wasn't that bad. Walked 18 in 2:15. Although the weather was not the best I got out on Saturday as well.
A little cold and on the back nine quite windy but missed the rain. Gusts up to 30 mph in my estimation on the back nine. Hitting 7 irons into
the green from 200 yards away downwind, knockdown 7s into the green from 140 into the wind. Skipped 3 holes to get ahead of a slow foursome
but otherwise didn't score as badly as I would have guessed. Weather continue to look like shit the next 10 days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Why the hell do I live in Illinois?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:05 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

I ask myself the same question about SE Wisconsin. I love the weather between June and October but overall I doubt that is a good enough
reason to stick around. When my stepson graduates high school in 3 years I think we can honestly consider getting out of here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

I ask myself the same question about SE Wisconsin. I love the weather between June and October but overall I doubt that is a good enough
reason to stick around. When my stepson graduates high school in 3 years I think we can honestly consider getting out of here.

I'm with you guys. The other day I was bored out of my mind and thought to myself, "I need a hobby". I quickly realized I have a hobby I love but live in a place that only allows me to enjoy it half the time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Supposed to go out Friday and Saturday morning for a little Mustard Jacket tournament that my friends and I do. Hoping we can tee off before 11! This stuff is terrible.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:58 pm 

The forecast blows. I was going to take a mental health day this week and spend it on the course.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 pm 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Furious Styles wrote:
The forecast blows. I was going to take a mental health day this week and spend it on the course.

Will that improve or worsen your mental health??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Friday appears to be day not fit for golf, but I'll likely hit up the heated range at Cog Hill or Odyssey. We're gonna give it a go on Saturday. Should be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:59 am 

donspiracy wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Will that improve or worsen your mental health??

:lol: I have low expectations, so it's always an improvement.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:24 am 
100000 CLUB

I gave winter the big ol' middle finger and played 9 holes on Friday afternoon and 18 on Saturday mid-morning. Conditions were pretty brutal and so were most of the scores. Several miss hits, and with the cold I was either too short or too long as my distances were all out of whack. Chipping, for the most part, was very good and I only had three 3 putts over those 27 holes. I didn't keep score on Friday I was practicing with extra balls and whatnot. My guess is that I would have been right near 45. Saturday I did pretty poor on the front nine (48), started the back with a double, but then had single bogeys and pars the rest of the way out for an even 40.

Hopefully we get some real golf weather soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 am 

Getting desperate enough that I think I am going to play in the rain on Saturday if the temps are up near 50 degrees and there isn't lightning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm not playing until everything dries up around here. It was wet enough and now with light snow now and storms on the weekend, it's going to be a muddy mess out there. And the courses will get the carts out ASAP to make up for these wasted dates.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

I want one.

But I don't like that it can go in the bunkers cause I was already looking forward to all the free drops I was gonna get.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

You try to take that into a Ravisloe bunker and its in there for good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 pm 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

I want one.

But I don't like that it can go in the bunkers cause I was already looking forward to all the free drops I was gonna get.

Is that F. Lee Bailey?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Manny's
Just bought the last club for a long time hopefully. Current setup is:

Driver: Titleist 917D2 - 8.5*
Fairway: Titleist 917F2 - 15*
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK - 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged - 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 - 56* & 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 in black

The only thing I am considering doing after this season is re-gripping everything. What is everyone's favorite grips? My hands tend to sweat a lot, so Cords are probably the best, but they just feel so rough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 pm 

I have the same issue.

Golf Pride NDMC are excellent for excessive perspiration. I use the Iomic Sticky 2.3 which I absolutely love, but they are pretty spendy.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:32 am 

I use the Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips. Kind of a cord on the top and not so much at the bottom. I've had really good luck with them.
Thought for sure I would have to get them re-gripped this year after having a lot of rounds on them but they feel fine. For as much as
I play and practice to get two full years out of grips is pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I roll with these.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:04 am 

T - take a Scotchbrite pad to those grips and lightly clean them. Really brings them back to life vs. a regular cleaning.

For the record, my Iomics are "tour issue." :lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Manny's
Furious Styles wrote:
T - take a Scotchbrite pad to those grips and lightly clean them. Really brings them back to life vs. a regular cleaning.

For the record, my Iomics are "tour issue." :lol:

I've heard good things about Iomics. I might have to find them in stores to see if I like the feel. My wedges currently have the Golf Pride MCC, and I don't mind the feel of those. Just need to bite the bullet and regrip the woods and irons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Shot 84 at Seven Bridges.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next