It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Got out yesterday. Little crispy out at 8:45 but no one in front of us and we walked 18 in just under 3 hours. Enjoyed the hell out of it.
Tough start out of the gate going bogey, double, triple. Made the turn at 47 but made some adjustments on the back and came in with
a 40. I was happy overall once I ironed out my swing thoughts. Played a tough little course. Legs are pretty sore this morning. I have
been hitting the treadmill and elliptical for 30 minutes at a pop the last few weeks and am thankful I'd been doing that or else I would
really be in some pain today.

Looked at last years year end stats. I'd like to get to the red numbers on the right. Really want to focus on accuracy this year and not worry so
much about the power game. Play smarter. Hit half of the fairways and greens. Going to have to really work at the putting and short game.
I think the new Vokey wedges will help once I figure out the yardages. They felt good yesterday. Hit the pin from 25 yards on number 18 and
might have dropped if the pin would have been in correctly.

GOALS 2017 2018 goals
Average Score 78.83 77

55% Fairways 45 50
60% Greens 46 50
30 putts or less% 30.98 under 30
60% scrambling 56 60
50% sand saves 22 33
1.59 birdies a round 2 a round

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Arkansas, so probably Hawg's kin. eBay will clearly side with me, but this clown somehow thinks he will have to give his okey-dokey to a refund. He started sending me taunting messages one after another. He's going to be pissed when he learns he will have to pay the return shopping too. :lol:

That sucks. Out of curiosity, is the measurement from floor to end of grip? I always just assumed this. Guessing he just measured the shaft. I use a 34 inch putter as well. Not sure why but works well. My other putters are standard length but when my gamer is in jail I find myself choking down on the longer ones.

Measured from the bottom of the club where the shaft would intersect. He obviously measured from the top of the head. Idiot.

34-34.5" is my wheelhouse for putter length. My current gamer is 34.5".

Waiting on this one to deliver tomorrow. $75 shipped, new with headcover after $15 off eBay dreal. 34" (from a reputable seller :lol: )

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am 

Very nice. I just ran across a new Ping that I have some interest in. Very similar to my current Scotty Cameron so probably silly to
get something so very similar, plus I am not having problems with the current flat stick. Ping ZB is what it is called.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 am 

I know the Ping ZB. I rolled the Redwood version once. Really nice putter. I love the look of flow neck putters, but I pull everything left. :lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
I know the Ping ZB. I rolled the Redwood version once. Really nice putter. I love the look of flow neck putters, but I pull everything left. :lol:

I probably would too but I putt with the ball in the back of my stance and use a forward press, so I guess it all works out. I also like the look of the
flow neck and I don't like a lot of offset.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 pm 

Pretty terrific read on putter factors - hosel, lie angle, head shape, loft, lines, head weight, shaft:

https://edelgolf.com/pages/classic-fit

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am 

I know this probably belongs in the Buy, Sell, etc... section but I figured I would list it here since this is where the majority of the golfers
here come to chat. After some thought, I have decided to go ahead and sell my Ping Zing 2 set of golf clubs. I realize the technology is
almost 25 years old but they are still in good shape and would be a nice set of clubs for someone who is either just starting out or just
doesn't play all that often. Bought them brand new and played them for a few years in college and pretty much put them away once I
got a different set after graduating college in 1999. They have mostly sat at my parents house in the Carolinas and I would play them
a few times a year when visiting. Was going to bring them into Play It Again Sports this weekend to see what they would give me for
them but figured I'd at least toss it out there in case someone was looking for something like these. They are standard length and lie
Black dots with original stiff shafts on them. I thought about holding them and giving them to my stepson but he doesn't have the
strength to swing stiff shafts. My dad also has a set of these and if something happens to him I will give my stepson those as they
have regular shafts. Definitely have a unique look to them that isn't for everyone but like I mentioned, they set up to the ball
pretty nice and are easy to hit. Not even sure what to ask for them. I think $125 for the set is fair, but interesting trades considered. :lol:

Set consists of 3-PW. I also have some Cleveland wedges and woods I could sell to make it a full set.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 am 

Maybe PM JORR about them. They are old-school enough for him - 30+ years old and made in the USA like his Trek bike. :lol:

Seriously, the 5-PW might work, depending on the shaft. JZ shafts play softer to flex than the ZZ65.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:35 pm 

Pulled the trigger on ordering 5 dozen Vice Pro Plus golf balls. Everything I have read has them rated pretty closely to the Pro V1x.
Grand total of $26 a box with them shipped directly to my house so almost 50% off Pro V's. I have been buying refurbished Pro V balls for
$20 a box so I thought I had nothing to lose with brand new ones for a few bucks more. I'll start playing them when the weather finally
breaks and they should last me through the season I hope.

https://mygolfspy.com/vice-pro-plus-vs- ... t-pro-v1x/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
52-43 Saturday at Joe Louis. I was their first golfer of the season.

Dropped 4 range balls on the first tee as a 'warm up' and shanked every one of them. Dropped 2 more at the ladies tee and shanked those. Dropped 2 at the 150 marker and hit those near the green, and by the 3rd hole I was hitting the ball well. Chipped very well and drained a few putts on the back 9, only one 3-putt on the day. 5 pars, with a snowman and a 9 on the first hole. Chilly weather, but not uncomfortable at all with brilliant sunshine all morning. The course for this early in the season was not in bad shape. Was nice to get out and play again.

Got a new Cobra King F7 driver and hit that just "OK." I love the feel, look, and sound of the club. With a 10.5 loft (my old driver was an 8.5) it definitely appears to be more forgiving. I didn't swing the best with it, but the 3 or 4 great drives I had leads me to believe that it appears I do not hit this much further than my old one, I should be finding more fairways.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Played my first round of the year on Saturday at Tamarack in Naperville. First time I ever played that course. Didn't realize there was water on every single hole. No joke. Like playing Sawgrass out there.

Shot a 50-51. Had my new driver, and I was slicing the hell out of it. Ball wasn't carrying for shit either. My worst round in over a year, but I did make the longest shot of my life.

25 yard pitch over two bunkers onto an elevated green with a down slope. Couldn't even see the cup, but landed it perfectly just on the fringe. My buddy watched it roll down into the cup. Sadly, it was only for par. One of those days!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 am 

Play It Again sports offered me $42 for my set of clubs. They had two sets of Ping ISI irons that had been sitting a while. He
told me they would have priced them just what I asked above as their retail price. I'll hold onto them for now, might even donate them
to the local junior clinic if they think they could use them. I would at least feel good about that. Local county courses open this
Thursday so might try to play 9 after work Thursday and/or Friday. Saturday also looking promising. Would like to get in over 60
rounds again this season but that may be a pipe dream.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Played the 9-hole park district course in Downers today, and made the mistake of walking on what I had forgotten was an oddly hilly course for the area. My hamstring tightened up on the 9th fairway so bad I had to stop and stretch. That large bucket of balls before the round was also a poor decision.

Didn't even bother to try to keep score, just tried to make solid contact on grass/tees instead of the driving range mat. According to Google Maps, the shot I splashed on 2 carried 270-275, and the drive I hit on the Par 5 9th rolled out to 285, leaving a regular 7-iron from 165. Ended with a birdie and a limping walk back to the car.

Also took this picture on the first tee, which I promptly sliced into the woods.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:56 am 

Purchasing my membership this afternoon and walking 18 Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait to get started.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Purchasing my membership this afternoon and walking 18 Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait to get started.

What is your home course?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Hit the large bucket of balls yesterday. Hadn't picked up the club's in 5 months.

Irons and wedges did well. Driver was way the fuck off, felt like I was swinging a snow shovel.

Now my right thigh and shoulder are sore. Also, my left side and inside elbow are more sore. Ouch.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:37 pm 

Went out and played 12 holes this afternoon at the home course. 9 bogeys and 3 pars. Not great, but I hit the ball fairly decent for March 17th. I was tugging my driver a little left, but no snap hooks.

First round with the usual group at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. Start the 7 month long ritual of standing around the 18th green and passing $10-50 around to 8-12 guys. One of these summers I will actually keep track of what I win or lose, but it seems like at the end of the year we all pretty much end up close to even-steven.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What is your home course?

I play most of my golf with a Kenosha County pass. Majority of the rounds get played out at Brighton Dale Links which has two 18 hole tracks and one
nine hole course. There is also an 18 hole course in town that is decent but only about 6000 yards. The courses out in the county are 6600 and 7000
yards from the tips. http://www.golfbrightondale.com/course/

$595 for a pass and then $5 each time I play. I got out there 53 times last season so it worked out to be roughly $16 a round which is dirt cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:05 am 

Played both Saturday and Sunday and felt great to get out there. Hit it surprisingly well all things considered. Shot a 78 Saturday
with two doubles and carded a 77 yesterday. Made a birdie each day and hit the pin on #1 yesterday from 60 yards out. I really need
to shed about 15 pounds as I felt like I had a spare tire around my stomach, plus I had some layers on. Walking out there every weekend
should help but I will keep hitting the gym as well. I think I am really going to like the two new wedges in the bag once I get the yardages
down.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 am 
100000 CLUB

Hoping to get out Friday which should start the season in earnest. Got out on the 10th, but that was more or less just a warm up to shake off the winter rust.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Shot a 43 today through 9. Really trying to work on a swing without any wrist extension or flexion, as I think that was a large cause of my inconsistencies in striking the ball. Still need some major time on the range to properly couple the legs/hips/trunk action to the arms/shoulders action on the downswing, but I hope that will come with time and repetition.

Despite the score, a good round overall. I was able to hit drives that went straight and true more regularly than before (focusing on the wrist), and greatly diminished ball side spin as well as the outside-in nature of my swing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:49 am 

85 yesterday on the Jemsek course at St. Andrews.

Course was in nice shape overall. Swing was a mess before I figured it out. Short game is rounding into form, really dig the new SeeMore putter. The alignment technology really works and the distance control is right on.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:31 am 
100000 CLUB

47-48 at a chilly George Dunne on Friday. The front 9, tee to green I was really good. Hit all but one fairway, but had my two 3 putts of the day. Really hit the hell out of my Cobra driver. #2, #4, and #5 was driver wedge into the green, and #9 was driver 9 iron. A wrong club on a par 3 and a mis hit on #8 really drove up the front 9 score. On the baack 9 I had all sorts of trouble off the tee (3 lost balls), but had three one putts and chipped much better. Still shaking off a bit of winter rust, but it was good to get out there and have a few pars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm 

My place of business gives us Good Friday off and things were not looking too promising for golf this weekend a few days ago.
Weather appears to be clearing up and may be mid 40s and dry for Friday and Saturday which would be glorious. Anyone
else going to get a chance this holiday weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:12 pm 

Perfect weekend for shakes to resurrect his golf game.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:19 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Perfect weekend for shakes to resurrect his golf game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Of course he's in the bunker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:29 pm 

Beats being nailed to a cross.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:56 pm 

Slow week at work so I am cutting out tomorrow afternoon to play my first full 18 holes at the home course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am going to do an every other week nine hole men’s evening league. Need to commit to get my ass out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next