It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I'm fat. But it's too cold to move. Thanks a lot Obama.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm at the exact same weight as 365 days ago...down to the tenths of a pound. :lol: :lol: So much for the 2017 Commitment to Excellence. Lets see how it goes this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I need to gain muscle. A lot of it. Not just to look good (too late; I already do), but to strengthen my core and help with posture. Hard to do all this shit when you're 47 (almost 47 and a half).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I won't step on the scale for a couple more weeks. Just getting back to work, not drinking at night, and getting all the sweets and leftovers out of the house will help immensely. I've been working out everyday but that is not enough to keep up with my recent gluttony.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I gained one pound since Thanksgiving, so not too good. I am finished with my 15 sessions with the trainer and I feel stronger than I have
ever been so I will continue to throw the weights around. Going to step up my cardio game as well. My biggest problem the last two months
have been my diet and drinking too much beer and champagne. Going cold turkey in January in the hopes of dropping 10 lbs before going to
Mexico.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
In. Scale said 231. Trying to get down to 210 by end of April (brother's wedding), and 200 by late summer/early fall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Started 2018 at 206, I believe 2017 started at 215 :alien:

Ultimate goal is always 200. A man can dream

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Weight shot up between Thanksgiving and New Years' and I'm miserable. Stress eating around going to work and then too much social eating between people who hadn't seen me much while I was sick, and family/friends in town for Christmas. And too much beer, I've decided that I have to cut out beer in January, after the two I had yesterday.

And then yesterday my cousin's daughter has make your own tacos for dinner and home-made Cinnabon for dessert. Fuck.

I'm still limited in my cardiac rehab (still can't lift even 5# dumbbells for at least another month) but at least I'm up to a slow 55-minute workout 3x/week. Recumbent rower, arm machine (looks like a bike for people without legs), and a very slow treadmill (just 2.7 mph/1.5% incline). My problem is going to XSport the other four days a week, I'm avoiding it for some odd fear because I haven't been there since April, and because it's fucking cold outside.

My goal for the year is to lose 50 pounds, work out at least 200 days of 365, and be able to consistently do a 56-minute 5k. I lost 65 four years ago, and slowly put 30 back on as my heart valve started giving out and my exercise levels dropped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'm getting into amazing shape. Gym routine is going great. You fat pussies that reside near the NW suburbs should hit the gym up with me. We can bro it up and check out some yoga pants.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
This is probably way too personal, but whatever. I'd really like to get my mental wellness back on track. Been really good, but it's so sporadic during stressful times that not even working out helps.

Bad thoughts are tough habits to break.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Manny's
Just signed up for my first 1/2 marathon. The race is in May, so I have just short of 19 weeks to train. Currently at about 208 lbs., and would like to get to about 195 lbs. I'm hoping that having something to train for specifically will keep me motivated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:32 pm 

Back to the gym tomorrow, maybe the day after. Dropped 50 in 2016, maybe ticked up a few last year I think. But I want to tune back up before the next physical. May try modified yoga next.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Dropped muscle and fat the last 4 or 5 months of the year. I would like to get the muscle back at some point. Will train hard at some point thus year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
This is probably way too personal, but whatever. I'd really like to get my mental wellness back on track. Been really good, but it's so sporadic during stressful times that not even working out helps.

Bad thoughts are tough habits to break.

it took me 5 years to shake my bad mental frame, debilitating anxiety and depression. Working like a rented stepchild helped immensely, strangely enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Back to the gym tomorrow, maybe the day after. Dropped 50 in 2016, maybe ticked up a few last year I think. But I want to tune back up before the next physical. May try modified yoga next.

Hopefully no male instructors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Unfortunately my commitment to excellence hit a nasty speed bump this weekend. Was skating in my regular sunday morning pick up hockey and 10 minutes in I started to get real dizzy. Tried skating to the bench and got even dizzier. Next thing I remember I'm waking up on the ice with everyone standing over me. Told I was unconscious for 2 minutes. Ambulance ride to the ER. This is particularly bad for me since I have a bicuspid aortic heart valve that will eventually need to be replaced. Mother and younger brother both already had theirs replaced in last 6 years. At my last echo 2 years ago it was looking fine so I thought I had another decade to go before it got bad.

Went to my cardiologist and he put me on indefinite IR for all forms of exercise or even shoveling the snow or taking out the garbage. Going in today for a new echo and a stress echo to see if the heart valve needs to be replaced stat.

Was down nearly 30 lbs, but I'm sure its all going to come back now. I can't lose or even maintain weight without at least 2-3 days per week of exercise.

Pretty shaken up about the whole thing, I honestly thought I was going to die as I was skating to the bench.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Sorry to hear that. It's a great thing you were on the ice and not alone somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
That sucks. Sorry shakes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am 

Hope you get some clarification about your health shakes. I honestly didn't think you had a heart so there is some hope left for you yet
if they can fix the blackened one you currently possess. :eye:

Actually feel frustrated for you because you have been doing better than anyone here on your commitment to excellence.

Last edited by T-Bone on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Damn, shakes, that is really scary.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am 

Not great news from the cardiologist. Heart valve definitely needs to be replaced, not yesterday, but very soon. In the meantime he has me on total exercise/activity ban until sternum completely heals post surgery which should take at least 6 months. Waiting for surgeon to call me to set up appointment, hoping to get this done before end of February.

Worse part is this also pretty much ends my golf season for 2018. At the very best case scenario I might be able to play by late August.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 am 

shakes wrote:
Not great news from the cardiologist. Heart valve definitely needs to be replaced, not yesterday, but very soon. In the meantime he has me on total exercise/activity ban until sternum completely heals post surgery which should take at least 6 months. Waiting for surgeon to call me to set up appointment, hoping to get this done before end of February.

Worse part is this also pretty much ends my golf season for 2018. At the very best case scenario I might be able to play by late August.

:( Sounds like a lot of video gaming for you....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
shakes wrote:

Sorry to hear. You do not seem to fear the procedure. They using a pig valve? :)

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 am 

shakes wrote:

Sorry to hear. You do not seem to fear the procedure. They using a pig valve? :)

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 am 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

:( Sounds like a lot of video gaming for you....

yep, video gaming, Netflix, college basketball, NBA playoffs...pretty much sums up my life for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 am 

pittmike wrote:
shakes wrote:

Pig or Cow. Pig seems to be preferable. Talked to my rabbi buddy teammate from Maccabei last night and he said go with the pig even though its not kosher.

My brother and mom both had this done so I'm not scared of the end result working out, but the actual procedure and recovery are pretty brutal the first few days in the hospital. Not looking forward to that part at all. Getting the chest cracked open and having them stop the heart for a bit, that part of the procedure is pretty terrifying to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am 

shakes wrote:
pittmike wrote:
shakes wrote:

Pig or Cow. Pig seems to be preferable. Talked to my rabbi buddy teammate from Maccabei last night and he said go with the pig even though its not kosher.

My brother and mom both had this done so I'm not scared of the end result working out, but the actual procedure and recovery are pretty brutal the first few days in the hospital. Not looking forward to that part at all. Getting the chest cracked open and having them stop the heart for a bit, that part of the procedure is pretty terrifying to be honest.

Yeah I would be nervous even knowing it is pretty routine.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
12 miles this morning in -2, -25 wind chill. That's commitment, motherfuckers!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I've been doing Crossfit since May when I was at 220. Down to 205 now. I'd like to get to 180ish by the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
shakes wrote:
Getting the chest cracked open and having them stop the heart for a bit, that part of the procedure is pretty terrifying to be honest.
They will probably have to warm yours up too.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next