It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Play from the tee, just keep it moving. Until you get your 'game' back so to speak, go no worse than double the par on any hole. Treat all hazards are lateral hazards. Never walk back to the tee and hit 3. If you shank a tee shot, then pitch out, duff that one, and you are hitting 4 and still 250 out from the green, just pick up and drop the ball next to the green and chip/putt out. Write down an 8 on the card and move on.

Find a club you are confident with off the tee. Maybe a used 3 wood or hybrid. Use the forward tees even on short holes. That way you play the full round. When you shake the rust off, then go to a driver, move back a tee, and starting playing PGA rules.

If you're worried about hindering somebody you are played with, don't be. Just be honest and up front that you are a beginner. If the guys you are paired with are that douchey, let them go it alone by the 2nd or 3rd tee and you follow as a single.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Play from the tee, just keep it moving. Until you get your 'game' back so to speak, go no worse than double the par on any hole. Treat all hazards are lateral hazards. Never walk back to the tee and hit 3. If you shank a tee shot, then pitch out, duff that one, and you are hitting 4 and still 250 out from the green, just pick up and drop the ball next to the green and chip/putt out. Write down an 8 on the card and move on.

Find a club you are confident with off the tee. Maybe a used 3 wood or hybrid. Use the forward tees even on short holes. That way you play the full round. When you shake the rust off, then go to a driver, move back a tee, and starting playing PGA rules.

If you're worried about hindering somebody you are played with, don't be. Just be honest and up front that you are a beginner. If the guys you are paired with are that douchey, let them go it alone by the 2nd or 3rd tee and you follow as a single.

Even though I played a lot for 30 years before I took a break, I was never particularly good off the tee. Not enough speed or hand-eye coordination. Before I switched from persimmon woods to metal woods back around 1998, I spent most of a season teeing off with a 4-iron on par4s unless there was a forced carry, until I got my new custom-fit driver.

I just hate playing on executive par3 courses. There was one a reasonable drive from where I used to live (Zigfield Troy on 75th/355), and in 16 years I played it maybe 5 times. I used to drive out to Lemont or Oswego or beyond and play 18 because 5.5 hour rounds make me want to hurt somebody.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19