It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: CFMB 2019 Golf Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Anyone pick up any golf gear over the holidays or get something given to you as a gift? My mom gave me a $100 gift card to PGA Superstore
and my in-laws gave me two Weather Sof Footjoy golf gloves. They are pretty durable and for the number of rounds I play they work well for me.
I think you can get two gloves for about $20. Other than that just going to be getting another golf membership this year. I was going to move up
to the next level where I get unlimited range balls. Shooting for minimum of 65 rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Got MANY golf giftcards, a couple of gloves, and the itch to hit a few balls. If the weekend weather cooperates, I may do just that at Cog or Odyssey with their heated bays.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Got myself a new putter. Ping Sigma G Tyne 34". My Scotty counterbalanced putter has served me well, but felt it was time for a change. Ever sense taking that Dave Pelz class a couple years ago I've wanted to be more eyes directly over the ball. This one fits the bill and really has a good straight back and through feel to it. This model is designed for a straight back and through stroke and I like the look standing over the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
My folks got me a Tommy Armour mallet putter from Dicks. Looking forward to giving it a try.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 am 

Franky T wrote:
Got myself a new putter. Ping Sigma G Tyne 34". My Scotty counterbalanced putter has served me well, but felt it was time for a change. Ever sense taking that Dave Pelz class a couple years ago I've wanted to be more eyes directly over the ball. This one fits the bill and really has a good straight back and through feel to it. This model is designed for a straight back and through stroke and I like the look standing over the ball.

Looks nice. I am not in the market for a putter right now but if I was going to buy one it would be the Sigma ZB2 from Ping. They've been making a
strong product for decades. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am 

I got Piglet a new Tommy Armour driver and with it got myself a new 3 wood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
https://www.sunfishsales.com/leather-golf-headcovers

50% off leather headcovers w/ leather50 code.

I suggest the Pink Taco cover for pittmike.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:22 pm 

I rolled the slant neck version of that Ping Tyne at PGA SS today, Franky. Sweet putter, 1:30 toe hang is what I was fitted for a few years back

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Great January golf weather this weekend!

Unfortunately, I am stuck on Dad duty from 7am-Midnite tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm 

NyQuil and a duffle bag, Frank. Problem solved.

See you at the range tomorrow.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Furious Styles wrote:
https://www.sunfishsales.com/leather-golf-headcovers

50% off leather headcovers w/ leather50 code.

I suggest the Pink Taco cover for pittmike.

Thanks

Just got this one

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:44 pm 

Nice! Handmade leather for $20/shipped is a deal.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:39 am 

Since I'll be down in Vernon Hills today I believe I will swing by PGA Superstore on the way home. Really interested in replacing my one iron with an updated driving iron or hybrid. Very likely replacing my PW with a Vokey as well. Plan is to look but I'm usually not good at do tolling myself if I fall in love with something. Need to bring current one iron and go up against the newbies. Nothing has beat it yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:15 pm 

Mt. Prospect short game area wide open.

Hell yeah. #PassOnAFuckingDome

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:48 pm 

I don't play golf, but I really enjoy reading just how excited you guys get.

Especially as I sit here watching MLB Network all day and dying for some Winter league baseball.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:52 am 

#MorningPutting

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Regular Reader wrote:
I don't play golf, but I really enjoy reading just how excited you guys get.

Especially as I sit here watching MLB Network all day and dying for some Winter league baseball.

I have really started enjoying the MLB network.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Back to golf.

How is that place in VH? Is it going to putt(get it?) Golf Galaxy out of business?

Hoping to get out regularly this year. I really miss playing enough to feel good about my game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
I rolled the slant neck version of that Ping Tyne at PGA SS today, Franky. Sweet putter, 1:30 toe hang is what I was fitted for a few years back

Sometimes I wonder if the putting green at PGA Superstore is designed to funnel the ball in the hole.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 am 

Picked up an all black finish 46 degree Titleist Vokey PW. I really wanted to hit a couple of driving irons I had my eye on but the guy that was "helping"
me kind of blew me off and I just decided I'd go back in February and try them out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Back to golf.

How is that place in VH? Is it going to putt(get it?) Golf Galaxy out of business?

Hoping to get out regularly this year. I really miss playing enough to feel good about my game.

PGA Superstore should put Golf Galaxy out of business at least in Vernon Hills. No comparison between the two stores, I highly recommend going over
to check it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 am 

Couldn't shake the golf bug and was going to be in the area again so went and bought that TaylorMade 790 UDI driving iron. I custom ordered it with a steel shaft so I won't see it for a few weeks. I didn't hit it much further than my Ping one iron but it spins a whole lot less so the dispersion is much tighter, at least in the cage. I didn't go in thinking I'd buy a new driver but I left with last years Callaway Rogue Sub Zero. Again it was a tighter pattern and on the machine I was hitting the Titleist 40 yards high and this one I was hitting in the mid 20s. I don't want to hit that high ball off the tee anymore. These two clubs should fix that and start putting me in the fairway a bit more. I was able to get $70 for my old driver and the price was knocked down $100 so overall I got two solid clubs that should stay in the bag a while. My original plan was not to buy clubs until I lost a bunch of weight. I have made some progress but if I've learned anything recently it's that I'm going to buy what I want and enjoy the experience as life is short and I don't have any other hobbies or things I am this passionate about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:46 am 

Think of all the money you saved on ice cream.

Welcome to the Callaway driver family.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Think of all the money you saved on ice cream.

Welcome to the Callaway driver family.

I've had a Callaway X-Hot 3 wood in the bag for a few years now and really like it when hitting it well. Looking forward to joining up after having
Titleist drivers for the past 3-4 years or so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 am 

P790 UDI is scheduled to deliver to my house today. Very excited to have it in hand and I will need to schedule some simulator time in the next 10 days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am 
100000 CLUB

Two years ago today, it was 57 degrees and I was playing golf in short sleeves at a local muni course. #NeverForget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 pm 

Got a simulator for 60 minutes tomorrow at 3pm. Could have hit with a Trackman too but I am not sure how that all works. The simulator should
give me some spin and MPH numbers but likely not as accurate as the Trackman. Also will show the ball flight. Not sure if you just use the TM and
hit into a net or a screen. Guess I will find out more tomorrow. Got the new driving iron in the mail yesterday and overall pretty happy. I am wishing
that the KBS shaft could have been a C-Taper shaft to match my irons but I think I am really going to like this thing. The weight seems right, a little
heavier than with graphite. If I can hit it as good as it looks I will be happily hitting from the fairway a lot this season which is the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:00 am 

Matt Kuchar :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 am 

Made the decision that I would not be buying the more expensive membership where I usually play golf. The idea is for me to play a majority of my golf
there but I would really like to branch out and play with some other folks from the CFMB more this year, like maybe once a month. Keep me in mind if
you are trying to get a group together to play. There are a few courses you guys have been playing the last few years that I am interested in checking out.
Obviously it is a bit of a haul for me to get south of O'Hare from Kenosha but anywhere about even with the airport and north I would be interested in
playing this year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not planning on any clubs or grips. Thinking about changing up the ball perhaps. I seem the do the best with Callaways and don't really feel I should spend on something like Pro V with my game (read losing them).

Suggested well priced balls for older guys 90-100 strokes? I hit irons excellent and my driver is decent distance when I can keep it from going right out of bounds. My biggest problem is short closer in around the green but that isn't the ball's fault. :lol:

Also, I will be in a a every other weekend league and perhaps another one weekdays. Going to stop talking about consistency needs more play and actually do it. So with that anyone have a feeling about the reasonable priced range finders?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next