It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I slipped on some "incognito" ice--it looked like a patch of snow--recently and got a nasty sprain/avulsion fracture in my ankle. My foot swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe--or perhaps even the more exotic casaba melon--and the skin around the injury is gruesomely discolored. The doctor says it takes about six weeks for this kind of fracture to heal completely, but I should be able to resume treadmill activity prior to that. Bummer.

It's been four months since I injured my ankle--pretty severely as it turned out--and I am now finally able to resume using the treadmill again. I've lost about three pounds in the past week and am going to try losing another twelve by July 1st. We'll see how this goes.

I've lost about 8 pounds since resuming workouts a couple weeks ago. Hoping to lose seven more by July 1st.

Ten down as of this morning, five more to go by July 1st.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Furious Styles wrote:
I ran.

I ran so far away.

Under 2 spins for the first time in years. Got some sweet Masters gear I want to do justice to.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I slipped on some "incognito" ice--it looked like a patch of snow--recently and got a nasty sprain/avulsion fracture in my ankle. My foot swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe--or perhaps even the more exotic casaba melon--and the skin around the injury is gruesomely discolored. The doctor says it takes about six weeks for this kind of fracture to heal completely, but I should be able to resume treadmill activity prior to that. Bummer.

It's been four months since I injured my ankle--pretty severely as it turned out--and I am now finally able to resume using the treadmill again. I've lost about three pounds in the past week and am going to try losing another twelve by July 1st. We'll see how this goes.

I've lost about 8 pounds since resuming workouts a couple weeks ago. Hoping to lose seven more by July 1st.

11 down, four more pounds to lose by 7/1.

When I reach this goal, I'll still have another 20 to lose, hopefully by the middle or end of September.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:07 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

11 down, four more pounds to lose by 7/1.

When I reach this goal, I'll still have another 20 to lose, hopefully by the middle or end of September.

Sounds like you better stay away from the barbeque thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Fatties!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 am 

While Spaulding has a point, on a related note, does anyone else here have arthritic knees? If so, what are you doing for them?

I'm trying to get back down another 20 lbs by August 1, but diet alone is going only so quickly. Each lb of weight is an additional 20lbs of pressure of the knees and frankly I don't think any pain killer works for me, except alcohol.

My damn doctor is dragging his feet on the lubrication shots and this is a real pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Swim or exercise in a pool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
While Spaulding has a point, on a related note, does anyone else here have arthritic knees? If so, what are you doing for them?

I'm trying to get back down another 20 lbs by August 1, but diet alone is going only so quickly. Each lb of weight is an additional 20lbs of pressure of the knees and frankly I don't think any pain killer works for me, except alcohol.

My damn doctor is dragging his feet on the lubrication shots and this is a real pain in the ass.

CBD?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Started hitting the Smith hard and coupled with long dog walks and eating like a sensible human being I am down 7. I’d like to lose another 7 or more before I go in for my physical on July 8. I think that is definitely in the realm of possibilities. I haven’t been under 250 for a trip to the doctor in a while. Feeling better physically with cutting out the booze and upping the weights. Still pensive about the doc visit and I’m going to insist on scheduling a colonoscopy to help set my mind at ease.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am 
1000 CLUB

I've lost 14 lbs since late May. Only need to drop one more to meet my goal of losing 15 lbs before July 1st. Still hoping to lose another 20-30 pounds after meeting my initial goal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7