It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Weighed in an April 1. No change form prior month but most of jeans feel better...whatever...I shall resume running tomorrow.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
wdelaney72 wrote:
Weighed in an April 1. No change form prior month but most of jeans feel better...whatever...I shall resume running tomorrow.

I haven’t been using the gym much at all the last two months. My wife and I made some capital investments this weekend to build our own small gym in the basement. It isn’t going to solve the cardio question but we will be getting a new Smith machine, bench, and weight plates over the next few weeks. I hope this doesn’t end up being a dumb choice. Can’t make it any easier to use than having it at home.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I've been real up and down lately. Gained 3 pounds last week, lost 4 pounds this week. Sitting at 208 now, still stuggling to get down to that 190-195 goal weight.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:46 am 

I am wanting to give the intermittent fasting thing a try. So you only eat between like 11am and 7pm? Does that include drinks? Is coffee with some creamer allowed in the mornings or should that be cut out? Can you drink water after 7pm or should everything be cut out?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tall Midget wrote:
I slipped on some "incognito" ice--it looked like a patch of snow--recently and got a nasty sprain/avulsion fracture in my ankle. My foot swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe--or perhaps even the more exotic casaba melon--and the skin around the injury is gruesomely discolored. The doctor says it takes about six weeks for this kind of fracture to heal completely, but I should be able to resume treadmill activity prior to that. Bummer.

It's been four months since I injured my ankle--pretty severely as it turned out--and I am now finally able to resume using the treadmill again. I've lost about three pounds in the past week and am going to try losing another twelve by July 1st. We'll see how this goes.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:53 am 

Smith machine installed and about 280 lbs worth of plates so I will be off and running starting this weekend. I’ve used it a few times but have had a nasty bug the last few weeks. Pretty solid unit that should benefit me. I’ve been getting a lot of exercise walking until recently. I’m down under 260 but I need to get under 250 and start meeting some goals. I was around 245 when my brother died in July 2017.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Smith machine installed and about 280 lbs worth of plates so I will be off and running starting this weekend. I

Nice! How much did that run you? Did you install it yourself?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:30 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Smith machine installed and about 280 lbs worth of plates so I will be off and running starting this weekend. I

Nice! How much did that run you? Did you install it yourself?

Installed ourselves. Put down the foam flooring in the basement as well. Everything together cost about 2.5 years of what we were paying for a gym membership. Pretty nice set up. I can pm you if you want more details.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I slipped on some "incognito" ice--it looked like a patch of snow--recently and got a nasty sprain/avulsion fracture in my ankle. My foot swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe--or perhaps even the more exotic casaba melon--and the skin around the injury is gruesomely discolored. The doctor says it takes about six weeks for this kind of fracture to heal completely, but I should be able to resume treadmill activity prior to that. Bummer.

It's been four months since I injured my ankle--pretty severely as it turned out--and I am now finally able to resume using the treadmill again. I've lost about three pounds in the past week and am going to try losing another twelve by July 1st. We'll see how this goes.

I've lost about 8 pounds since resuming workouts a couple weeks ago. Hoping to lose seven more by July 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
Smith machine installed and about 280 lbs worth of plates so I will be off and running starting this weekend. I’ve used it a few times but have had a nasty bug the last few weeks. Pretty solid unit that should benefit me. I’ve been getting a lot of exercise walking until recently. I’m down under 260 but I need to get under 250 and start meeting some goals. I was around 245 when my brother died in July 2017.

Do you walk when you golf?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Memorial day weekend...ran 4 miles Saturday and 4 more miles Sunday. Sunday afternoon was prepping to run electrical through my crawlspace. As i've done before many times, jumped off the crawlspace ledge(about 4 ft) onto the basement floor. My left knee decided it had enough.

ACL Reconstruction surgery was Tuesday, which means no running for 4 months. My 2019 Commitment to Excellence is officially dead.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Man down in the Commitment to Excellence thread!

Good luck with the surgery delaney

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:26 am 

tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Do you walk when you golf?

Unless it is oppressively hot I walk. Push cart. I stopped carrying about 7 years ago. I probably walk 14 miles each weekend on pretty hilly land.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 am 

Jumping back on board. 30 day no drinking before I go to Boston thing. Going to hit the weights and get my shit together. I have a physical in a month and I must admit I feel like I have not felt worse in my life. I feel like I'm dying. I'm sure I'm being dramatic because of my dad and brother but that's how I feel. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:21 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Jumping back on board. 30 day no drinking before I go to Boston thing. Going to hit the weights and get my shit together. I have a physical in a month and I must admit I feel like I have not felt worse in my life. I feel like I'm dying. I'm sure I'm being dramatic because of my dad and brother but that's how I feel. :(

Good luck with all of that. Just glad to hear that you have the self perspective to get out there and make your own changes. We're all rooting for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Good luck with all of that. Just glad to hear that you have the self perspective to get out there and make your own changes. We're all rooting for you.

Echoing what RR said, friend.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Echoing what RR said, friend.

+3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:

I'm sure having the Smith machine in your house will have a positive impact on your health. Setting up a home gym makes it a lot easier to exercise. Good luck, T-Bone!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I started "no beer for a year" last week and lasted only 2 days. Granted I was only going for 60 days so that's not as much of a failure.

I definitely understand the feeling T-Bone is having. Been doing some cardio lately (running two tree times/week). it helps but no miracle cure. would like to do some weights too but don't have time for both weights/cardio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
No, that's failure.

I lost weight, need to lose more.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
You will get bored of a smith machine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm 

Temporarily quit drinking liquor and pop last month to get ready for a doctor's appointment last week and because the arthritis in my knees has gotten serious enough for painkillers. Found out that I've dropped 15 lbs over the last few months on diet alone, but I still can't get out and really exercise. I'm convinced that if I can get a shot in each knee I could really make a run at dropping 30 more fairly quickly. But the damn doctor wants to be methodical.

The worst part is that I'm feeling like I'm letting a great opportunity to get back to mediocrity slip away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Temporarily quit drinking liquor and pop last month to get ready for a doctor's appointment last week and because the arthritis in my knees has gotten serious enough for painkillers. Found out that I've dropped 15 lbs over the last few months on diet alone, but I still can't get out and really exercise. I'm convinced that if I can get a shot in each knee I could really make a run at dropping 30 more fairly quickly. But the damn doctor wants to be methodical.

The worst part is that I'm feeling like I'm letting a great opportunity to get back to mediocrity slip away.

If it makes you feel better I think you been at mediocre for quite awhile. :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Regular Reader wrote:

Doing some Wim Hof breathing and cold immersion combined with 4km on a Concept 2 rowing machine, easy bicycling and light weights. Very low to no impact cardio. It's starting to show signs of success. Starting to work on the diet today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm 

Thought about the cold therapy stuff but most I know that engaged in it seemed to have it fizzle out. Glad to hear it working for you and will now take another look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I ran.

I ran so far away.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

If it makes you feel better I think you been at mediocre for quite awhile. :wink:

Ouch! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Regular Reader wrote:
Thought about the cold therapy stuff but most I know that engaged in it seemed to have it fizzle out. Glad to hear it working for you and will now take another look at it.

It makes it easy living close to the lake. Ride the bike down, get wet for a few minutes, attempt to ride bike up hill from beach. First attempt Sunday made it halfway up. Baby steps.

The rowing machine has been awesome. Well spent $300.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Hatchetman wrote:
.... would like to do some weights too but don't have time for both weights/cardio.

You watch zero TV? I didn't think so.

I do free weights on a stability ball three or four times a week while I watch tv or listen to music. It's not a fancy gym workout but for me it gets the job done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:06 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
You will get bored of a smith machine.

Can be slightly limiting but there is enough there. One of the things about going to the gym is that it can seem limitless to all the machines in there. I’m ok if I can find something that works for me 3-4 days a week. KISS method should work for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next