It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tall Midget wrote:
Still haven't resumed running after sustaining two avulsion fractures (ligament tears away from bone, chipping said bone) in my ankle almost six weeks ago. Hoping to start up again in the next couple of days.

I hope it works out for you to get back on it in the next week. I am down 5lbs this week just by eating like a regular human being and I am giving up beer until the NCAA tournament starts. I hammered out 2 miles last night on the treadmill at the gym. I'll go back tonight and do some lifting before getting some cardio in. I got to a point where I was both disgusted with myself and physically started feeling sick. Clean living just for the last 4 days has made a difference in how I am feeling and it hasn't even been that hard. I realized how hard I was making it on myself and am trying to make that change. Cue MJ's "Man In The Mirror" :lol: I can't imagine how hard your layoff has been TM, I know you were really making solid progress after getting your treadmill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 am 

Buddy of mine invited me to play racquetball at his club tomorrow morning. That should be really interesting, it has been years since I have played. He told me he is going to kill me. I don't think he realizes how true that may really be. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Working out 5 times a week (mainly free weights), intermittent fasting, and a much healthier diet, and I haven't lost a single pound in a month. I'm sure that's probably because I laid around for 3 months with pancreatitis and lost a lot of weight, but it was probably a lot of muscle too that I am now regaining. It's just discouraging to step on the scale and not see a single damn result.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Working out 5 times a week (mainly free weights), intermittent fasting, and a much healthier diet, and I haven't lost a single pound in a month. I'm sure that's probably because I laid around for 3 months with pancreatitis and lost a lot of weight, but it was probably a lot of muscle too that I am now regaining. It's just discouraging to step on the scale and not see a single damn result.

You are likely right on the money with your assessment of adding muscle mass. Is there some kind of goal weight you are trying to achieve? How much are you trying to shed?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You are likely right on the money with your assessment of adding muscle mass. Is there some kind of goal weight you are trying to achieve? How much are you trying to shed?

If it is muscle, do you need to shed it? Or, do you feel better? If you had a gut, is it easier to move around? Sometimes the scale is meaningless. I weigh 210 but look like I weigh 170. (A student told me last week she thought I was gay when she first saw me because I was so thin.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:49 am 

T-Bone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That's one of my problems. I need to set a clear goal, but I'm not sure how. But weight is so deceiving, I think I might just buy a scale that measures body fat % and set a goal for that rather than weight. I am 6'2" with a large frame to begin with, so I'm not exactly sure what my ideal weight is. Probably more than most but certainly not where I am at now. Losing another 30 lb would probably be reasonable, but I think the body fat % would be better to use.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:50 am 

tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

If it is muscle, do you need to shed it? Or, do you feel better? If you had a gut, is it easier to move around? Sometimes the scale is meaningless. I weigh 210 but look like I weigh 170. (A student told me last week she thought I was gay when she first saw me because I was so thin.)

:lol:

I didn't know being thin = gay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

She also said I had my shirt tucked in and wore skinny boy jeans (she had some other term for it, but that's what she meant). Usually, I wear an untucked flannel with a band t-shirt underneath, and so I look slightly less thin and straight enough. (Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't use the word tuck in any form when trying to assert my devout heterosexuality.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Do you have a man bun too?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:46 pm 

tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

She also said I had my shirt tucked in and wore skinny boy jeans (she had some other term for it, but that's what she meant). Usually, I wear an untucked flannel with a band t-shirt underneath, and so I look slightly less thin and straight enough. (Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't use the word tuck in any form when trying to assert my devout heterosexuality.)

Maybe it was the B-52's tour t-shirt underneath the flannel where she formed her opinion :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:30 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Do you have a man bun too?

Body shaming. And on supernatural chicks day or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:31 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
tommy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
tommy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Maybe it was the B-52's tour t-shirt underneath the flannel where she formed her opinion :mrgreen:

Fleetwood Mac, if you must know.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
So if A gay got pancreatitis how many pounds we looking at? 10? 20? Asking for a friend who realized the scale don’t lie (and neither do the pants and shirts that are getting too tight).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:06 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
So if A gay got pancreatitis how many pounds we looking at? 10? 20? Asking for a friend who realized the scale don’t lie (and neither do the pants and shirts that are getting too tight).

I can assure you it's not worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

I can assure you it's not worth it.

Giradia it is.

Also not worth it btw.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
been up and down for me lately. Gained weight 2 weeks ago, but lost weight this past week.

Still hovering at 208. Gotta get to those elusive 100s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:01 am 

Blasted my chest and tri's on Saturday with my buddy and then we played a couple games of racquetball. That was a good workout and other than running into a wall once and diving and missing one it was a good experience. My arms are just now starting to lose the soreness. Made it to the gym yesterday and worked on core and ab exercises and then jogged 1.5 miles. I really should have pushed it out to 2 miles. I'll try to get there tonight if I don't do the elliptical. I've never been on the kind of weight roller coaster I have been on the last few months. I was down 5 early last week and by the end of the weekend I was back up 7 and now I am headed back in the right direction. Just need to stay consistent with diet and exercise which has been anything but consistent. Got out and walked the dog with my wife last night as well which was nice. Just being outside more helps for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gourmet Pizza by Carlo
T-Bone wrote:
Blasted my chest and tri's on Saturday with my buddy and then we played a couple games of racquetball. That was a good workout and other than running into a wall once and diving and missing one it was a good experience. My arms are just now starting to lose the soreness. Made it to the gym yesterday and worked on core and ab exercises and then jogged 1.5 miles. I really should have pushed it out to 2 miles. I'll try to get there tonight if I don't do the elliptical. I've never been on the kind of weight roller coaster I have been on the last few months. I was down 5 early last week and by the end of the weekend I was back up 7 and now I am headed back in the right direction. Just need to stay consistent with diet and exercise which has been anything but consistent. Got out and walked the dog with my wife last night as well which was nice. Just being outside more helps for me.

Nice job, T-Bone!

I had to travel for work M-W this week, and without access to my preferred foods I didn't fair particularly well. Back on the wagon as of yesterday, but I'm gonna be a giant pussy and not weigh-in tomorrow morning. Don't need that kind of negativity in my life. On the plus side, I had a great bench session today - finished up at 330 x 3, which theoretically puts me around a 360 max, so just five lbs short of my PR. I turn 43 in a month, and it would be nice to hit 370 by then. Shoulders and triceps are coming along nicely. Squats are still pretty terrible, as I've never took them seriously until about 3 years ago, and the long lay off did me no favors. Just started dead-lifting again...up until a week a go my giant gut prevented me from keeping any sort of form. I hope to start making some decent progress now. That said, didn't take dead-lifts seriously either until a few years ago, but for some reason I've been able to make gains faster than squats. Long shot goal hoping to be under 300 lbs by Memorial Day, and the more realistic goal is by Fourth of July.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 am 

Great work on the strength training Sneakers. I've made no progress at all. I have been going to the gym but I've been sleeping awfully and small ailments here and there. I got up yesterday morning and was stretching out and hurt a pop under my right pec and I must have really pulled something good because I had a hard time moving around all day yesterday. It is shit like that that is most bothersome. I haven't felt physically good or right in months. Going to try the intermittent fasting strategy this week. I usually eat lunch at 11 and I get off of work at 3 so if I can eat an early dinner and make it through the morning hours that may at least help reset my metabolism some. I have been making and eating less food and so I am on the right track I feel. Other than a beer on Friday I didn't drink this weekend. Golf courses should start opening this week so looking forward to more walking and exercise that way. I know I can get to the gym in the morning and at least walk 2-3 miles before work and then go back in the afternoon but just taking it one day at a time. It seems like a lot of changes at once which usually ends up in failure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:07 am 

While the intermittent fasting can be difficult at times ( no eating from 7pm to 11 am ) I think it is helping a bit. Not sure if it has been my general inactivity over the winter or what but my hips have been pretty sore the last couple of weeks. I have been hitting the gym at 4am to walk 2 miles on
a 1.5 to 2.0 incline and can finish that in 35 minutes. Not breaking any land speed records but keeping a strong pace and staying in my fat burning
heart rate range. I'd like to eventually get to a point that while I watch Sports Center that I walk during the show and jog during the commercials and
stretch it out to the entire hour program. I need to get my exercise in as intelligently as I can. Biggest thing that has been lacking has been lifting weights so I need to get back into that starting this weekend since I won't be golfing. How's everyone else doing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:34 am 

T-Bone wrote:
While the intermittent fasting can be difficult at times ( no eating from 7pm to 11 am ) I think it is helping a bit. Not sure if it has been my general inactivity over the winter or what but my hips have been pretty sore the last couple of weeks. I have been hitting the gym at 4am to walk 2 miles on
a 1.5 to 2.0 incline and can finish that in 35 minutes. Not breaking any land speed records but keeping a strong pace and staying in my fat burning
heart rate range. I'd like to eventually get to a point that while I watch Sports Center that I walk during the show and jog during the commercials and
stretch it out to the entire hour program. I need to get my exercise in as intelligently as I can. Biggest thing that has been lacking has been lifting weights so I need to get back into that starting this weekend since I won't be golfing. How's everyone else doing?

I did end up weighing myself the Saturday before last, and I gained .3 lbs, which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Somehow this last week I lost 6.1 lbs to make up for it, and I weighed myself 5 times to make sure. Only thing I changed up was adding a daily dog walk to my routine. Whatever, I'll take it! Grand total of 48 lbs so far, so I'm hoping to hit 50 this Saturday. Lifting still going well - I'm on a benching program and last week was an assessment week to mark my progress, in theory should have been able to o 2-4 reps on my last set, but I was able to bust out 6, and if I had a spotter, I think I had a good shot at 7. So all in all, pretty happy so far, but still a very long road ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:10 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Intermittent fasting is the goods. I wasn't really doing it as seriously as I should have been before. I started getting hardcore about it and would only eat between noon and six. Now, I have gotten to a point where every other day, I only eat one meal at dinner. I have lost 12 pounds in about 4 weeks. Been lifting too. I prefer lifting to cardio. There's just no way for me to run, walk, or jog without being bored out of my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Intermittent fasting is the goods. I wasn't really doing it as seriously as I should have been before. I started getting hardcore about it and would only eat between noon and six. Now, I have gotten to a point where every other day, I only eat one meal at dinner. I have lost 12 pounds in about 4 weeks. Been lifting too. I prefer lifting to cardio. There's just no way for me to run, walk, or jog without being bored out of my mind.

Wasn't your weight way down anyway from being sick?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 am 

Sort of, but I think I lost a lot of muscle from atrophy just laying around. I gained some back when I started eating again (and lifting), and now I think I'm losing good weight and not as much muscle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
leashyourkids wrote:
There's just no way for me to run, walk, or jog without being bored out of my mind.

Have you tried reading on an elliptical machine?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am 

You're an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 am 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:38 pm 

Officially hit 50 lbs on Thursday! Finished my bench session this morning at 345 x 2, and on shoulder day finished seated military at 225 x 3. Deadlifts and squats are still pathetic but slowly getting better, so still happy with my gains, and I still have an outside shot at getting under 300 by Memorial Day, but I'm gonna have to really buckle down to get there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Officially hit 50 lbs on Thursday! Finished my bench session this morning at 345 x 2, and on shoulder day finished seated military at 225 x 3. Deadlifts and squats are still pathetic but slowly getting better, so still happy with my gains, and I still have an outside shot at getting under 300 by Memorial Day, but I'm gonna have to really buckle down to get there.

Damn son!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
battling back, dropped a pound this week. Under 210 again, slowly working my way towards the 200 line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next