It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:50 am 

I played Moody Gardens on Saturday morning and Sunday morning. It's a public course on Galveston Island. Really well maintained, and true island golf. Water on every hole, and usually have to deal with wind every time you play.

I teed off at 7:00 on both mornings, and was in the car by 10:00. Really nice to play a relaxing round at a decent pace.

On Sunday morning I dropped a sand wedge within an inch on a par three, was the closest I've ever been to a hole in one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nice to read about your game's improvement this year, Chet!

I may try and get out for 9 holes tomorrow or Wednesday. Supposed to be pretty decent by late December standards.

Thanks, Frank. It's not really showing up that much on the scorecard yet, because on any particular day some part of my game falls apart. And Charlie Woods outdrives me by about 70 yards, which is aggravating. But I can't hit for distance if I keep mis-hitting the fucking ball, so one thing at a time. But my course management is much better than it was in June, and some parts of my game are coming back to reasonable, especially my chipping which was always the best part of my game.

I have three courses that stood out this year. Two are college courses, one is a state park down in SC two hours away. Definitely my favorites, and ideally I'd play 2/3 of my 2021 local rounds on those three courses and then pick and choose other courses for the rest. The college course that's the closest (50 minutes) is 27 holes and has a membership plan that I will probably sign up for: $399/year for unlimited play Mon-Fri with a mandatory $16/round cart fee. They claim 7-day advanced tee time avaialbility, but i have to go talk to them to make sure that as a single they're not going to give me some kind of bullshit about "come out and we'll fit you on."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:12 pm 

There were people crawling all over Jackson Park yesterday. I don't know why I was surprised

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Range this week, and next weekend. Outside chance I get out for 9 holes Saturday. Otherwise, first full round of 18 will be played on the 20th as long as the weather somewhat cooperates.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Went to XGolf in Libertyville yesterday. Pretty awesome place. Was great to swing a club in anger again. "Played" Turtle Bay in Hawaii. Took 3 hours for 3 guys. Came out to about $57 a dude.

The cool thing is that we are going to Hawaii and we may play Turtle Bay for realsies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Noon tee time on Tuesday, and the weather is cooperating (it'll hit 70 degrees while I am on the back nine). I am hoping to play solo so I can skip a few tee boxes and longer forced water carries and hit some extra approach shots and putts instead. This early in the season I just want to hit one good shot on every hole and spend time outside.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Guys there is a 2021 thread. Frank bumped the wrong one

Doug I was curious what Xgolf was like

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27