It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: CFMB 2020 Golf Thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Did you guys know the handicap system is changing next year? I didn't, until today.

The biggest changes I noticed were your handicap changes every time you post a score, the system counts your 8 (previously 10) lowest scores out of your last 20 rounds, and the max score on any hole for anyone is a double bogey.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Franky T wrote:
and the max score on any hole for anyone is a double bogey.

BOOM !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Franky T wrote:
and the max score on any hole for anyone is a double bogey.

BOOM !

Awesome! My handicap will drop 20 easily next year!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am 

For handicap purposes only. Your 8 is still an 8.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I need to pay my membership to the state golf organization this week. Gets me a subscription to Golf Digest and a handicap for the year.

I had $150 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket last night and was able to get 6 Titleist golf hats, two Footjoy golf gloves and a small Taylormade valuables pouch. I should be all set for 2020 and beyond with these hats and the other ones I already had.

Still on the fence about where to golf this year. Membership likely makes the most sense but traveling around can be fun too, just more expensive and inconvenient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I'm in a walking boot.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 am 

Played Gus Wortham Golf Course in Houston last friday. Rained most all of last week so the course was saturated. Wortham is a par 71.

I shot a 106. The round was really strange. I shot a 53 on the front with three pars. The strange part was through the first 7 holes, I didn't have one repeated number on my scorecard. I also carded a 10 on a hole, with no penalty shots on that hole. Awful.

On the back I shot a 53 with no pars. I did John Daly it on 18 by dumping two tee shots into the woods.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 am 

Sounds like my range sessions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:04 am 

The new T400 irons by Titleist have a 20° 5 iron and a 38° pitching wedge. :lol: Includes 2 gap wedges at 43°/49.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Furious Styles wrote:
The new T400 irons by Titleist have a 20° 5 iron and a 38° pitching wedge. :lol: Includes 2 gap wedges at 43°/49.

Not too crazy when you think about it. With more people having much better first and/or second shots it makes sense. Since my improvement with the newer equipment I now have four wedges in my bag. a PW, AW, 58 and 52.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't know what the hell I would do with a 38 degree wedge. I like my 52, 56, and 60 just fine. Chipping/pitching was one of the only things I did pretty well with all season last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
T-Bone wrote:
I need to pay my membership to the state golf organization this week. Gets me a subscription to Golf Digest and a handicap for the year.

I had $150 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket last night and was able to get 6 Titleist golf hats, two Footjoy golf gloves and a small Taylormade valuables pouch. I should be all set for 2020 and beyond with these hats and the other ones I already had.

Still on the fence about where to golf this year. Membership likely makes the most sense but traveling around can be fun too, just more expensive and inconvenient

If you join Strawberry Creek, I'll come up and golf with you whenever need to fill out a foursome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yeah Jet. You need to play a round or two before the Jorr Invitational. You definitely play well once the rust gets shaken off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:55 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

If you join Strawberry Creek, I'll come up and golf with you whenever need to fill out a foursome.

I looked into it but at $6000 initiation, $580 a month, $225 for a range pass and various other potential fees I really can’t justify the cost or honestly really even swing that for what is essentially a 6 month season. I’d be paying $600 a month for a social club half the year. Don’t get me wrong if I had F-you money I’d consider it but I’d like to retire before I’m 60 and that’s more important to me. I thought for sure I would be at Bonnie Brook this year but in speaking via email with the pro I think I’ll likely be back where I have been the past 4-5 years. Unlimited walking golf on3 courses for $1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Anyone pick up new equipment for 2020?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 pm 

Love Bonnie Brook.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 pm 

I have some empty space at my office. I'd like to set up a practice net. Any recs?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:24 am 

August Schell wrote:

I picked up a TaylorMade M5 driver last year after I hung up the clubs early. Looking forward to getting into a virtual situation possibly as early as this week to start swinging the clubs. I need to put a mid sized grip on the new driver and maybe replace the Super Stroke on my putter as it's pretty dirty and getting a bit slick. I usually get more new items but I finally feel pretty happy with my set up. My biggest challenge will be making some big adjustments to my swing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
T-Bone wrote:
August Schell wrote:

I picked up a TaylorMade M5 driver last year after I hung up the clubs early. Looking forward to getting into a virtual situation possibly as early as this week to start swinging the clubs. I need to put a mid sized grip on the new driver and maybe replace the Super Stroke on my putter as it's pretty dirty and getting a bit slick. I usually get more new items but I finally feel pretty happy with my set up. My biggest challenge will be making some big adjustments to my swing.

Sounds great on the new Driver. I'm right with you on the golf swing. I need to get to a dome and start practicing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 am 

2020 Clubs in the bag

Driver- TaylorMade M5 9 degree
3W - Callaway X-Hot 13 degree
2i- TaylorMade UDI 17 degree
3i- Titleist T-MB 716 20 degree
4i- Titleist T-MB 716 23 degree
5i-PW - Mizuno MP-25
GW- Titleist Vokey SM6 52 degree
LW- Titleist Vokey SM6 58 degree
Putter - Scotty Cameron California Coronado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:54 am 

I think I mentioned my Spider putter for Christmas from my beautiful bride. Anyway my bag this year will be below. I am going to be hitting the market between Feb-April trying to leverage my two old putters and likely my M4-4 Hybrid and R11s for a M4 Driver.

Driver - TM R11S
Woods - TM M4 3,5
Irons - TM M2 4-AW
Wedges - TM Milled 58, 52
Putter - TM Spider

As I said I have a M4-4 hybrid I could not pass up a deal on. It has a senior flex which I really didn't think would hurt me but everything goes right and my M2 4 iron is so much better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:51 am 

I'm thinking of getting new wedges. I have $200 in gift certificates and have enough balls to start the season, so I need to use them on something else. Got my eye on Cleveland RTX 4s.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Yeah I'm getting the itch myself. My last round was early October. Generally I play at least once in November and, if the weather allows, December. Gonna need to get to a dome or heated range in the next couple three weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:55 am 

Franky T wrote:
I'm thinking of getting new wedges. I have $200 in gift certificates and have enough balls to start the season, so I need to use them on something else. Got my eye on Cleveland RTX 4s.

I played Cleveland wedges for many years before moving to Vokey. They make a great product and you should be able to find any loft, lie, grind and finish you could ever want.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:11 am 

I honestly hate myself for playing just plain old edges from a set rather than grind milled ones meant to be used the right way. That is how much difference they made for me.

Edit to add that for me there was nothing better this past summer than to finally hit a short pitch or chip and have it land and release softly toward or into the hole. I used to play ping pong at the green so damn bad I would want to break clubs if I did that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:28 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
I have some empty space at my office. I'd like to set up a practice net. Any recs?

Jesus Christ...I've already got an email at work from TopGolf offering something called a Swing Suite.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:46 am 

Franky T wrote:

The RTX4 is superb wedge. Love the grind options and the heavier DGS400 shaft is stock.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:04 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
Jesus Christ...I've already got an email at work from TopGolf offering something called a Swing Suite.

Didn't know there was a location in Downers Grove.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Swing Sweet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next