It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Franky T wrote:
No excuses now! :P
When sober, I agree 100% :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Frank Coztansa wrote:
A truly wonderful experience. It was like a lesson and fitting rolled into one. Jason didn't need to do a ton of measurements or whatever, but made my grip stronger, adjusted my stance, and my shots improved almost immediately. I went from carrying my old 9 iron 130 but way left, to hitting a 'new' 6 iron straight down the middle at 120 yards with just a half swing. Gave me the super player improvement 799s, and will make a hybrid 3/4 that is a touch shorter with a bit more loft. Standard grips, standard lie, standard length.

I was honest and said I was 95-100+ a lot last year and I would like to be more like 85-89. With a 3 year old, the time I have for the game I play a round rather than practice which I know may not help my score but thats where I'm at. He has kids as well and says he even though he used to give lessons and played in college, when he has free time he plays as well. So he understood where I was coming from. After watching me hit dozen balls or so, he told me was no need to get more expensive clubs or upgraded shafts or anything. The game improvement irons would be fine for me, as well as working on the couple swing tweaks he gave me. Gave me hat as well, and I agree Franky- its a nice logo.

No pressure, no real sales tactics. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Sounds like a great experience. So what will the bag look like then? Hybrid and then 5-PW or is there a gap wedge in there? Did you look at drivers or anything, or were you happy with what you have?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

I have a Cobra King F7 driver, and 52°-56°-60° wedges that I am happy with and that work remarkably well when I don't swing like a jackass. The Sub-70 set will be a 4 hybrid then yes 5-PW.

"You don't need a 4 or a 3 iron. You aren't good enough to hit those consistently . Let's get you a hybrid that we'll tweak to get a higher launch angle and that will be best for you I think," is what I was told. Hard not to argue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have a Cobra King F7 driver, and 52°-56°-60° wedges that I am happy with and that work remarkably well when I don't swing like a jackass. The Sub-70 set will be a 4 hybrid then yes 5-PW.

"You don't need a 4 or a 3 iron. You aren't good enough to hit those consistently . Let's get you a hybrid that we'll tweak to get a higher launch angle and that will be best for you I think," is what I was told. Hard not to argue.

Sounds good. I dropped the driving iron and 3 iron two seasons ago and picked up a 19 degree hybrid. Wish I would have done it a long time ago. One of my go to clubs now. Id rather choke down on that and swing 3/4 than try to hit a long iron like the old days. Enjoy breaking the new sticks in, should be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

I tend to do really well with punching my 4 iron out of the trees, so I might keep that in the bag for that type of rescue shot until I've played a few rounds with the new sticks. I too am looking forward to the upcoming golf season!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I, too, ditched the 3 and 4 irons a few years ago and haven't looked back. I've actually learned to punch out of trees with my 3 hybrid. I'm better at it than I was with a 3 iron oddly enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Also plan to ditch the 4 this year. Been seeing recommendations to go 7W instead of 3-4H. Not sure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I tend to do really well with punching my 4 iron out of the trees, so I might keep that in the bag for that type of rescue shot until I've played a few rounds with the new sticks. I too am looking forward to the upcoming golf season!

I also keep a 4 iron because I need something for gapping between the hybrid and 5 iron in my set. With the long par 3s at the courses in my rotation I use it more than I wish I had to but to your point, it has become my go to "escape club". I can hit a mean low hooking punch with it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
A truly wonderful experience. It was like a lesson and fitting rolled into one. Jason didn't need to do a ton of measurements or whatever, but made my grip stronger, adjusted my stance, and my shots improved almost immediately. I went from carrying my old 9 iron 130 but way left, to hitting a 'new' 6 iron straight down the middle at 120 yards with just a half swing. Gave me the super player improvement 799s, and will make a hybrid 3/4 that is a touch shorter with a bit more loft. Standard grips, standard lie, standard length.

I was honest and said I was 95-100+ a lot last year and I would like to be more like 85-89. With a 3 year old, the time I have for the game I play a round rather than practice which I know may not help my score but thats where I'm at. He has kids as well and says he even though he used to give lessons and played in college, when he has free time he plays as well. So he understood where I was coming from. After watching me hit dozen balls or so, he told me was no need to get more expensive clubs or upgraded shafts or anything. The game improvement irons would be fine for me, as well as working on the couple swing tweaks he gave me. Gave me hat as well, and I agree Franky- its a nice logo.

No pressure, no real sales tactics. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Shipped out and should arrive tomorrow or Friday. The material they need to make my Hybrid is on backorder until mid April, but that still gives plenty of time for use this upcoming season. The golf itch is getting stronger by the day. Can't wait to get these new clubs out on the range and the course hopefully very soon!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nice! It's like Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:52 pm 

Got an e-mail from Erin Hills about booking a tee time. I don't think I am going to take them up on it as much as I love that place. $270 greens fees in May is just a bit steep. I think I paid that to play both courses up in Sand Valley last year. Strongly considering getting up to Lawsonia in May. The first week it appears fees are $65 during the week and then that first weekend they go up to $125 to play the Links. It is on a short list of Wisconsin courses I have never played but want to. My top candidate in IL would be Ravisloe. If I pull the trigger on a golf membership this year with a cart that will make my membership about $600 more per year so the bucket list courses are going to move down in the rotation. If things go right though I feel like I can probably play 4x a week with a cart including twice during the week before work, maybe more if I like it.

Edit -- Got a tee time for 8am and 1pm for Lawsonia to play the Links and Woodlands courses. $130 for both with a cart. That is a pretty great deal, now I just have to pray for no frost delay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15