It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: 2021 PGA Tour Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hard to believe that the guys are back out in Hawaii and getting ready for what most of us consider the beginning of the 2021 season. I know they play about 10 events in that wraparound fall season but many of the big names skip that. The big difference this year being that the US Open and Masters fell after the Tour Championship. While I don't play real close attention to the Sentry TOC event it is played at a fun course to watch on TV and we get a sneak peak at most of our favorite stars and what their games are looking like early on. Should be an interesting season this year and I hope they find a way to let more patrons out there during the rounds. Other than the NBA, I think the PGA Tour probably handled the shift in gears as well or better than other major sports leagues out there during the pandemic. I think the biggest question right now is whether or not The Masters will allow more patrons out there than members or the 4 day pass holders. Right now my guess is that they will not. I still am holding onto tickets for the Ryder Cup and hope that by this fall I'll be able to attend up at Whistling Straits. Other than the John Deere or 3M Open in the Twin Cities, Chicagoland will be void of any PGA tournaments this year.

Post subject: Re: 2021 PGA Tour Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:30 pm 

Expanded field this year to in Hawaii, if you finished in the Top 30 last year, you are eligible even if you didn't win.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:25 am 

I didn't watch one swing this weekend. The Hawaii tournaments are a little tough due to the time change. I'll try to check out the Sony this week as it is a full field event. Only thing I did see is that apparently people are going to let Justin Thomas skate after muttering a homophobic slur under his breath and the mics picked it up pretty clearly. If he wasn't one of the best players in the world he likely would be looking at lost sponsorships like Piercy did last year. Guess it is going to be swept under the rug.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
I didn't watch one swing this weekend. The Hawaii tournaments are a little tough due to the time change. I'll try to check out the Sony this week as it is a full field event. Only thing I did see is that apparently people are going to let Justin Thomas skate after muttering a homophobic slur under his breath and the mics picked it up pretty clearly. If he wasn't one of the best players in the world he likely would be looking at lost sponsorships like Piercy did last year. Guess it is going to be swept under the rug.

His statements afterward seemed genuine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He also didn't play well yesterday as he said the comments and the heat affected him. His play seemed to prove that true.

I've motherfucked myself MANY times on the course. Don't think I ever called myself a F*ggot though :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
He also didn't play well yesterday as he said the comments and the heat affected him. His play seemed to prove that true.

I've motherfucked myself MANY times on the course. Don't think I ever called myself a F*ggot though :lol:

Man it must be nice to not play well and focused and shoot 7 under. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
What exactly did he say? Burrito?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Furious Styles wrote:
What exactly did he say? Burrito?
He missed about a 5' par putt (which lead to a three putt bogey), and as he walked to tap in he appeared to say to himself "you f*ggot" in frustration.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Thanks, Frank.

Covid, unstable political climate, January tournament and the fact that the slur wasn't directed at someone else are all in Thomas's favor for it not blowing up into something more.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:46 pm 

Surprising and odd timing. I’m thinking he wears FJ moving forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
We won't be seeing Angel Cabrera anytime soon.

Angel Cabrera was arrested on Thursday in Brazil and is currently awaiting extradition to Argentina. Cabrera, a former two-time major golf champion, is facing five years' worth of charges revolving around abuse and violence.

Here's the AP with details.

Cabrera, a past winner of both the Masters and the U.S. Open, was on Interpol's red code list. Police said in a statement that the arrest was made in an upper-class area of Rio de Janeiro, without announcing the suspect's name. It described him only as a 51-year-old Argentine

Two federal police officers based in Rio separately confirmed to The Associated Press that Cabrera was the man arrested. Both agreed to give the information only if granted anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the topic publicly.

The police statement said the arrest was authorized by Brazil's top court and the man would be held until his extradition to Argentina. Officials in Argentina have charged the suspect with assault, theft, illegal intimidation and repeated disrespect to authorities, the statement said.

This is certainly not the first time allegations have swirled around the 2009 Masters champion. In 2017, he was under investigation for causing injuries to an ex-partner named Cecilia Torres Mana. The evidence, as purported by his ex-partners, is difficult to read through, and it seems like it's going to be a long and arduous road for Cabrera in the weeks and months ahead as he awaits trial.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Here are Cabrera's sponsors:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He should probably hang it up like Shakes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:22 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Hmmmm that’s not good. Really was hoping to see him at the Ryder Cup. Maybe he will be on Captains crew since he’s tight with Stricker. I’m sure that’s all been announced already but it’s not really been on my mind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:19 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Hmmmm that’s not good. Really was hoping to see him at the Ryder Cup. Maybe he will be on Captains crew since he’s tight with Stricker. I’m sure that’s all been announced already but it’s not really been on my mind

A couple of the assistants have been announced but not all of them. If he isn't playing, he will be an assistant captain.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Hopefully he never plays in Ryder Cup again. He hasn't won a full RC point since Obama's first term.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm 

Watching replay of Farmers tonight. Starting to get the golf juices flowing for the golf. Nice field because US Open on the South again this year. Anyone here ever play Torrey? Does Ugie ever check in anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Watching replay of Farmers tonight. Starting to get the golf juices flowing for the golf. Nice field because US Open on the South again this year. Anyone here ever play Torrey? Does Ugie ever check in anymore?

Phoenix Open is usually the tournament that does it for me. Maybe because we're out of January.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:30 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Phoenix Open is usually the tournament that does it for me. Maybe because we're out of January.

I put some dough away to play Pinehurst 2 but I think I’m going to either raid the clubhouse and buy something and play two nice courses elsewhere or play one of the other courses on Pinehurst. It’s like $500 to play #2. Hard to play US Open courses now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:22 pm 

Hail in San Diego!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:24 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Hail in San Diego!

Only on that 1 green apparently. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:26 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Hail in San Diego!

Only on that 1 green apparently. :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I put some dough away to play Pinehurst 2 but I think I’m going to either raid the clubhouse and buy something and play two nice courses elsewhere or play one of the other courses on Pinehurst. It’s like $500 to play #2. Hard to play US Open courses now

I live an hour away from #2. I could never bring myself to drop $500 on it.

When I was a teenager, my dad and I played at Harbour Town in Hilton Head, where the Colonial is held. Rental clubs, I probably shot 130. It was gorgeous. I just checked their web site, and they are now $289 for a tee time next week, in February. Yeesh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:35 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I live an hour away from #2. I could never bring myself to drop $500 on it.

When I was a teenager, my dad and I played at Harbour Town in Hilton Head, where the Colonial is held. Rental clubs, I probably shot 130. It was gorgeous. I just checked their web site, and they are now $289 for a tee time next week, in February. Yeesh.

Yeah I paid about $500 with caddie to play Whistling Straits. Fun and memorable but not worth that kind of dough. I’d rather go up and play both Sand Valley courses for less than that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:27 pm 

The need to let this Patrick Reed story go. I understand he doesn't necessarily deserve the benefit of the doubt but he did nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Don’t they have to mention it if the other players still look over their shoulder at him?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:02 am 

Nice to see Steve Stricker on top of the leaderboard, although I'll be surprised if he is even in the top 10 by end of day. Probably watch a little bit of this on Saturday. Maybe Sunday if there are some decent names up there, but there is another game on Sunday evening.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

Outside of a playoff, this tourny should wrap up about done by 4pm or so, yeah?

I haven't been able to catch any of it yet. Do they have at least some fans on #16?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next