It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
a genius wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Got in another 12 mile ride this morning. Nowhere near jorr territory...but remember, it's not a competition.

It is if we end up next to each other on the path! :lol:

When I get the gravel bike, for sure.

It's been windy lately...mostly on the way out which is good.

Oh yeah, much better to have the wind at your back on the way home!

I try to plan my course for exactly that. If if not possible I just do criss-crosses in the neighborhood so I don't go the same direction for too long.

I used to do the same thing when i rollerbladed. Take Diversey down to the lake and then turn right or left depending on the wind. Always want the wind at your back on the way home.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The weight is really starting to come off quickly now. I lost about five pounds in the past 8 or 9 days and am down 20 for the year. I am hoping to lose another 10-12 lbs. by the end of the month.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
That's incredible TM, keep it up!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks GJ. I have a long way to go, but at least I am feeling a lot better now than I was a few months ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:31 pm 

I can relate.

We're out of town, so I've taken full advantage of the gym where we're at. Spending over an hour a day spinning and lifting...and another hour or so walking. Enjoying a few cocktails while here, so im making sure to burn it all off.

Feel great.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Gotten out on my bike twice this week for a couple 15 mile rides. Felt good.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Feeling awful lately so definitely going to stop making excuses and get down to the basement to do some lifting and stretching today. I've also been slacking a bit on walking the dog and can do better with that. I made a doctors appt for early June as it has been 2-3 years since I have gone in for a physical and need to do better with that. I just physically feel worn out so I hope that it isn't anything serious. Going to request a full blood panel and anything else they can provide me. In the end it is going to come down to a better diet and continued exercise.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

I've been incrementally increasing my speed and distance on the treadmill and am up around 3.5 miles for an average run over the past week. I've lost 25 pounds since the beginning of the year and am on pace to lose another six or seven by the end of the month.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:30 am 

Worked out every day we were in mexico last week.

Came home with a developing sinus infection and haven't done shit all week. Cut the grass yesterday and was pretty wiped out.

Started antibiotics Thurs, so they should start kicking in today, I hope.

I have kept counting calories, so I haven't gone completely off the deep end.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:
Worked out every day we were in mexico last week.

Came home with a developing sinus infection and haven't done shit all week. Cut the grass yesterday and was pretty wiped out.

Started antibiotics Thurs, so they should start kicking in today, I hope.

I have kept counting calories, so I haven't gone completely off the deep end.

That's the key. Watch the diet and you'll still probably be able to keep losing weight even without the exercise.

Where'd you go in Mexico? Playa? I've driven all around the Yucatan, from Tulum to Valladolid to Chiapas, Merida and Cancun. Love it.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 pm 

Inlaws have a timeshare about 10 minutes north of Playa. Made it to Tulum for a day, fished out of Puerto Aventuras that night. The mate lost a wahoo for me next to the boat...but I salvaged the trip by landing a sailfish as the sun went down.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Glad to see folks are traveling again. We have a European cruise booked for september and I actually believe it may happen.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm now down 30 lbs for the year. Looking to lose another 10-12 lbs by the end of June.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:33 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
I'm now down 30 lbs for the year. Looking to lose another 10-12 lbs by the end of June.

OUTSTANDING!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:40 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
I can relate.

We're out of town, so I've taken full advantage of the gym where we're at. Spending over an hour a day spinning and lifting...and another hour or so walking. Enjoying a few cocktails while here, so im making sure to burn it all off.

Feel great.

I was in Houston for a week/ten days 30+ years ago and shot ball every morning for at least 90 minutes a day and finished the public night swimming. But my girlfriend's family had a BBQ and made killer brisket. And I was staying with the family member that kept the leftovers. When I got home I realized that that I'd still gained 11 pounds on my formerly 170lb frame.

The prodigious amounts of Jack Daniels didn't help though. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:04 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tall Midget wrote:

What’s the main thing you attribute to the change? Something with your diet or consistency with exercise? Great job by the way!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:55 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

What’s the main thing you attribute to the change? Something with your diet or consistency with exercise? Great job by the way!

I think the key is just, as you suggested, staying committed to a weight loss plan. For me, this plan has focused on a few commonsense things that have worked together:

1) Reduce daily caloric intake by decreasing portion size, eating less red meat and processed food/sweets, and eating more chicken, fish, fruits and vegetables.

2) Gradually reduce consumption of soda and fruit juices.

3) Cardio workouts 4-6 times per week, including some HIIT.

4) Weigh-ins at least 4-5 times per week to insure ongoing progress or limit any backsliding/weight gains.

5) Track workouts with a spreadsheet to insure gradual increase in intensity/duration.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
My road bike has some weird stuff going on with the chain so it is out of commission till I get it fixed. So I have been running instead. But I am doing it smart this time by limiting myself to 30 minutes as I gradually build up my endurance. Too often in the past I did too much too soon and was incredibly sore because of it. Ideally, I'd like to get up to a 45 minute 8ish min/mile pace.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 10:45 am 

Just did 15 miles on the gravel bike over paved and gravel paths. Felt like a million bucks on the way out. Wind in the face nearly all the way home. Ugh. Still fighting the sinus infection too.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I think the key is just, as you suggested, staying committed to a weight loss plan. For me, this plan has focused on a few commonsense things that have worked together:

1) Reduce daily caloric intake by decreasing portion size, eating less red meat and processed food/sweets, and eating more chicken, fish, fruits and vegetables.

2) Gradually reduce consumption of soda and fruit juices.

3) Cardio workouts 4-6 times per week, including some HIIT.

4) Weigh-ins at least 4-5 times per week to insure ongoing progress or limit any backsliding/weight gains.

5) Track workouts with a spreadsheet to insure gradual increase in intensity/duration.

Awesome job! Keep it up!

I did a lot of what you did as well. 6 days a week of exercise. HIIT for cardio, body weight exercises for strength, alternating between the two. I cut out processed meats and bread and as much other processed foods as possible. Started drinking Ka’Chava (or Huel) for my weekday lunches. I’d say during the week, I’m probably around 1700 calories per day, maybe a bit less. Also cut alcohol consumption in half. Ended up dropping about 25 pounds. I’m at 160 and could cut another 10 but I’ll take any weight between 150 and 160. I use a Fitbit for the tracking. Makes it easier for us lazy guys...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Sunday....6 miles 10:29 pace.....getting there.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Lost another 10+ lbs in June and am down a little over 40 for the year. Looking to lose another 10 lbs in July.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:35 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Lost another 10+ lbs in June and am down a little over 40 for the year. Looking to lose another 10 lbs in July.

Great job man, very impressive.

I been trying to get back in a good place. Lost about 5 lbs in the last couple weeks. Signed up for a 5K for the end of July so hopefully that will provide necessary motivation to get some work in over the next few weeks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Last edited by RFDC on Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Tall Midget wrote:

Well done! Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:28 pm 

TM may have a tapeworm.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:38 pm 

Trying to work my way up to around 100 miles of trail riding a week. I did 28+ today, my longest ride in about 10 years. Haven't weighed myself in a while, I just know I have a ways to go. Lots of surprised looks and comments from friends who haven't seen me over the pandemic.

My arm feels like it's gonna fall off...I tossed batting practice to my son's 9U squad for about 90 minutes on Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:
TM may have a tapeworm.

:lol:

I have had some major health problems over thee past 6-9 months.

With two young kids, I can't afford to die just yet.

I am doubly motivated to get into the best shape I can and stave off the Grim Reaper a bit longer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Great job man, very impressive.

I been trying to get back in a good place. Lost about 5 lbs in the last couple weeks. Signed up for a 5K for the end of July so hopefully that will provide necessary motivation to get some work in over the next few weeks.

Good for you. I'd like to try a 5 or 10K in the fall after I drop some more weight and bring my average mile time down to a respectable level.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Division wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Well done! Keep it up!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:46 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
TM may have a tapeworm.

:lol:

I have had some major health problems over thee past 6-9 months.

With two young kids, I can't afford to die just yet.

I am doubly motivated to get into the best shape I can and stave off the Grim Reaper a bit longer.

I can relate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next