It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Great job, TM.

I never pictured you as a guy who had that kind of weight to lose. Congrats.

My doc told me the opposite. I was down to 180 and she told me to eat anything I could whenever I could. Even if it was 2am. That was actually a pretty fun diet for a couple months.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Lost another 10+ lbs in June and am down a little over 40 for the year. Looking to lose another 10 lbs in July.

I'm starting to get concerned that you're still losing double digits every month. Based on your racketball prowess you had to have been in pretty good shape.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Great job, TM.

I never pictured you as a guy who had that kind of weight to lose. Congrats.

My doc told me the opposite. I was down to 180 and she told me to eat anything I could whenever I could. Even if it was 2am. That was actually a pretty fun diet for a couple months.

I have been in pretty good shape most of my adult life, but I started gaining a lot of weight a few years ago after the chainsaw accident. Even though I put on a bunch of pounds, I didn't look that bloated because I have a pretty big frame and have a lot of muscle mass due to lifting weights for 3+ decades. So it was easy to fool myself into thinking--until recently--that I didn't need to lose much weight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Lost another 10+ lbs in June and am down a little over 40 for the year. Looking to lose another 10 lbs in July.

I'm starting to get concerned that you're still losing double digits every month. Based on your racketball prowess you had to have been in pretty good shape.

Thank you for your concern...trolling!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I rejoined my local gym last week. I am getting a lot of exercise with the nice weather and golf but I plan to definitely use it in the fall and winter. I had no interest going to the gym and having to wear a mask while on the treadmill. I have a doctors appt Wednesday to discuss blood and urine samples. I saw some of the numbers and he is going to get on me about my cholesterol and weight. I didn't notice much else that was wickedly outside the normal range. Probably request colonoscopy since I just turned 45 and I have some family history through my dad who had to have some of his colon removed when he got cancer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Thank you for your concern...trolling!

Not really concerned, but surprised that you had that much weight to lose based on what you've shared about yourself. Great work!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Great work TM et al. :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Something to strive for?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:32 am 
100000 CLUB

I didn't see 1 push up. Grassley is 103 so I'll give him a pass. That's great work for his age.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:10 pm 

Yeah, if you can't do a single legit pushup, don't publicize it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Checked my email and forgot I signed up for the FitAmerica! Half Marathon/10K/5K this coming Saturday (7/24). I am attempting the 10K...which I should finish, but I got an early wakeup after playing a gig the night before.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Harvard Dan wrote:
Checked my email and forgot I signed up for the FitAmerica! Half Marathon/10K/5K this coming Saturday (7/24). I am attempting the 10K...which I should finish, but I got an early wakeup after playing a gig the night before.

LOL...whoops.
Show up hungover....you'll have a great run.

I have the Fort2Base Nautical 10 mile coming up in August. It'll be slower than I like but I'll finish it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
BigW72 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

LOL...whoops.

I have the Fort2Base Nautical 10 mile coming up in August. It'll be slower than I like but I'll finish it.

I've only done the 3 mile nautical. Well I need to hydrate more as post race I'm 5 lbs down from yesterday morning. The humidity was a bitch today so we took it easy after an ambitious start. Off to Prairie St. Brewing...it was earned.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
So it begins. Joined the brand new Lifetime Fitness a block from my office today. Starting my new life as a swimmer. The place is really nice which it better be for $185 per month. Indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool is like a beach club with cabanas and food service. I wonder if they break my order of wings into half and set half of it on one end of the lap pool and the other half on the other end. That way I can have a wing as a reward for each length.

Planning to start up this weekend and the plan is to go at lunch every day during the week. Swim a half hour, shower and then eat a quick lunch in their health restaurant and then back to the office.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:40 am 

Well I definitely suck at swimming, but still managed to get a great workout from 20 minutes going back and forth. Drank half the pool which sucked. Gotta figure out how to do the freestyle and breath without taking in a tiny bit of water every time. Ended up stopping and coughing a lot. Switched up and did some backstroke (easy), side stroke (easy), breath stroke (not so easy). Even did a lap with the kickboard and did some time just trying to run in the pool.

Had a nice lunch of southwest turkey bowl in their cafe afterwards and then back to work.

The good news is I never felt so much as a single twinge in the back either during or after. Feel fine today.

Got on the scale and I'm down 5 pounds from where I was last time I got on the scale a month ago.

Back at it at lunch today. Will try for a spot in the outdoor pool if there's room, if not back in the indoor which is fine by me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget, are you still making similar gains?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:53 am 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget, are you still making similar gains?

yeah where is TM?

I lost 20lbs since school let out. Took a few days off at the inlaws, now the challenge begins to get back focused and not regain it

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:54 am 

Shakes, can you do the rowing machine? As you recovet/get stronger, it's a great, low impact workout. Great for your core.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:05 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Shakes, can you do the rowing machine? As you recovet/get stronger, it's a great, low impact workout. Great for your core.

sitting on any device and working out isn't good for me as it puts pressure on the sciatic nerve. Plus I'm sure my posture would be terrible and that would lead to strain on the back as well.

I'm pretty much limited to swimming these days unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

sitting on any device and working out isn't good for me as it puts pressure on the sciatic nerve. Plus I'm sure my posture would be terrible and that would lead to strain on the back as well.

What about the recumbent bike?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:17 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

What about the recumbent bike?

see bolded.

That said, I did buy a recumbent bike in March, but all it did was increase my leg pain. But maybe it won't be as bad now that I've had surgery. Would love if I could bike, that's obviously a great workout and a lot more fun than swimming laps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:35 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:38 pm 

Just wrapped up a 2.5+hr trail ride. Pretty sure I should just be committed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 am 

the outdoor pool was very nice. Defnitely some eye candy out there which was fun to look at as I was floundering and trying not to drown in the middle of the pool. Didn't drink as much water from the pool this time so that's good.

Planning to go today, but finally starting to feel the muscle pain from starting swimming a couple days ago. Hammys very sore. Might take today off, but not sure. I'll probably go. Too encouraged by what I'm already seeing on the scale after a couple days of diet and workout.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:55 pm 

swam every day this week. Dieting as well. Should be a good number next time I weigh in.

Next week gonna start pushing it to 25 minutes in the pool. Did 20-23 all week.

I do like that I found a sport where I'm the youngest person there. Been a long time since I could say that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:27 am 

I drank far too many mai tais and pina colodas while eating chocolate covered macadamias.

It's time to pay the piper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:09 am 

Been swimming 6x per week, started at 20 minutes and I could barely make it to the other end without needing a break. 3 weeks later and I'm up to a half hour and I just stop when I hit 20,000 meters. Doing 200 meters at a time without taking a break now. The key is I had a lesson which fixed lots of flaws in my form. Also got a snorkel so I don't have to worry about turning my head and trying to breath which I was terrible at and usually ended up drinking a lot of water. With the snorkel I just keep my head down and go.

Dieting as well. Weighed in at 223 today, down 12 pounds from when I started. Only lost 1.5 pounds this week which is pretty typical for me. I always start out losing 10 pounds quick and then I have to bust my ass just to lose 1-2 pounds for the next two weeks and then I usually have a big 3-4 pound drop off the next week and then the cycle starts again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

LOL...whoops.

I've only done the 3 mile nautical. Well I need to hydrate more as post race I'm 5 lbs down from yesterday morning. The humidity was a patriot today so we took it easy after an ambitious start. Off to Prairie St. Brewing...it was earned.

As you recall, last weekend was super humid and hot. Band played Friday night. We also played an outdoor wedding Saturday night.

I got to bed a 1am Sunday and woke up at 5am to do the Fort2Base event. 10 Nautical miles = 11.45 miles.
Much to my surprise, I finished at a pace under 11 min / mile. Nothing any runner would call impressive, but for my short, fat, and super tired ass....I did well. I couldn't run again until Thursday of this week. That was an ass kicker.

Congrats, Shakes....swimming is awesome. Glad you find something you could do Hockey is tough!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:52 pm 

Lucky for me they canceled the 150 mile weekend ride on Sept 18. It had been reduced from 2 days @ 75 each to 1 day of 100 miles. I think that was overly ambitious.

I have ridden 125 miles this week, including 3 @ 30+ miles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:26 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
Lucky for me they canceled the 150 mile weekend ride on Sept 18. It had been reduced from 2 days @ 75 each to 1 day of 100 miles. I think that was overly ambitious.

I have ridden 125 miles this week, including 3 @ 30+ miles.

You got this. At least by then it won't be 90+ and humid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next