It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm heading down there next week. We have rented a condo on the beach. Any must to-dos? Theme parks are out of the question as I refuse to wear a mask

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
I'm heading down there next week. We have rented a condo on the beach. Any must to-dos? Theme parks are out of the question as I refuse to wear a mask

We didn’t do much except go to the beach or hang out by the condo pool when we were there couple years ago but that’s all we were looking to do . Going to give serious consideration to retiring there .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Check out Mr. Skin. Any decent torrent site should have it too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:27 pm 

Anywhere near doctors with antibiotics. Lots of antibiotics.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:34 pm 

We are also going to Savanah one day..I plan on hitting up that racist lady's restaurant but anything else good there?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
We are also going to Savanah one day..I plan on hitting up that racist lady's restaurant but anything else good there?

Yep . Grab a burger from Green Truck Pub. Fantastic .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caller Bob wrote:

Savanah is awesome. Take a long walk and visit all the parks. Seeing the Bird Girl statute was pretty cool if you are a fan of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. So was going to the cemetery from the movie. That was a real cool place. I ate at Paula Dean's restaurant and the chicken pot pie was outstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Applebee's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Now on Camelback!
I'd go with Nicky. She has great tongue action. Paris is a little too aggressive with her teeth.- nik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:29 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Savanah is awesome. Take a long walk and visit all the parks. Seeing the Bird Girl statute was pretty cool if you are a fan of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. So was going to the cemetery from the movie. That was a real cool place. I ate at Paula Dean's restaurant and the chicken pot pie was outstanding.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
yea Savanah is really cool, definitely worth spending the day.

When you are at HH check out the town area in Sea Pines that has the big light tower. Don't know if they still do it, but you can buy a net/cage and raw chicken at a store on the pier and you can go crabbing right off the dock. Really fun for kids.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
was talking w/ a friend in chicago and he was saying he's going to SC next week.

are they giving out deals to travel there? Seems like a lot of people are headed that way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:59 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
was talking w/ a friend in chicago and he was saying he's going to SC next week.

are they giving out deals to travel there? Seems like a lot of people are headed that way.

It's Spring Break. My goal is to pickup a new COVID-19 variant from out that way (I am not vaccinated) return to the Chicago region and act as a super spreader infecting as many betas as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Be sure to make it to Hudson's and walk around back to the seating on the dock, you can sit at the bar or ask for one of the tables further by the water. You can grab lunch or an appy there, then head over to Skull Creek Dockside (Boathouse has turned into a tourist trap with huge wait times) for happy hour/dinner, and if you have little ones there are plenty of jungle gym sets and games to be played in a space shared by both restaurants (again recommend sitting outside) If you're there over a Sunday, I highly recommend going to Hudson's for brunch, the biscuits and gravy are fantastic.

Also a Happy Hour/dinner staple whenever I go is the Hurricane Bar at Black Marlin. Fun little standalone bar that has a lot of live music, and you can order from the Black Marlin menu where the shrimp and grits are out of this world.

If you're looking for an easy spot to get in and out of for a bite, Poseidon is a hot spot that is more modern than the other places mentioned, with a few boutique shops around.

For a romantic night out, I'd recommend Charlie's L'Etoile Verte. It's a nice, quaint spot that is frequented by locals and vacation homeowners, not many tourists. Hand selected (and drawn) menu every day, fabulous wine list, and what looks like a cozy little bar for pre-dinner drinks or a nightcap. With the pandemic, they added a ton of outdoor seating that actually seemed preferable to the indoor seating. Be warned, though, the place is rather small and cramped, so bringing kids or dealing with the kids of others can be a hassle.

And finally, if you want a tried and true tourist experience and are in need of a good steak: Frankie Bones (the one on the island, not Bluffton).

If you're playing golf, I cannot recommend Hilton Head National enough. It's actually off the island in Bluffton, but it is a championship-quality course that has the length of a muni-track and can be had for half of what the Robert Trent Jones or Fazio courses will run you. If you want the feeling of tracing a course through the island and catching glimpses of the ocean without spending to go to those private clubs, either Robbers Row or the Barony Course at Port Royal should be pretty nice this time of year.

EDIT: I forgot about Shelter Cove. That's a cool place to park and walk up and down the harbor, with plenty of restaurants to suit your tastes, but if you're looking for Mexican I recommend San Miguel's. You can get a great view of the cove and their margaritas are top-notch. Other than that, Scott's Fish Market or Bistro 17 probably have more scenic views.