It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Going to play on Sunday morning 8am. Hoping for no frost. A chance to see my golf guys one last time this year but it is mostly for me to get out of the house. No Bears game to run home for so might as well get outside and away from the family for a few hours.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I played Saturday and did so poor I stopped keeping score after 7 holes. Easily would have been in the 60s for the front 9. Got through 16 holes before darkness set in and while I did hit the ball slightly better on the last few holes, my guess is I would have been around 40-45 for the seven holes we did play on the back. Not good. Its really frustrating to go from shooting a 77 back in June, to shanks, tops, and literally have no clue where the ball will end up if I even hit it at all.

After that mess, I'm probably done for the year even if the weather allows for more golf.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Played Saturday and Sunday at Morris. Pretty windy both days. Saturday, I drove it onto the fringe of a 290 yard par 4, but missed the eagle putt. Sunday, we played in a 4 person scramble, the last event of the year. We shot 67 and finished 10th out 31 groups. Only one team finished double digits under par. We eagled a par 4 with a putt from off the green. But, it was 'greenskeepers revenge' day and the pins were in crazy places. Some were definitely 4 puttable and that's saying something for a 4 person scramble. The wind was howling. Had to be 30mph at time. Challenging couple of days to play. I won a Mizuno driver in the post event raffle, so I am going to try to get out next weekend and play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm finally cleared to go to the driving range for 20-30 iron shots a day and some chipping, but the exercise physiologist has given me some lower back exercises she wants me to do for a couple of weeks first so I don't fuck it up right away.

Then I see my cardiologist after a cardiac MRI in four weeks and if they see some improvement then I hope to get cleared to go out and play 9 with a cart on the days I don't have cardiac rehabilitation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:25 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I'm finally cleared to go to the driving range for 20-30 iron shots a day and some chipping, but the exercise physiologist has given me some lower back exercises she wants me to do for a couple of weeks first so I don't fuck it up right away.

Then I see my cardiologist after a cardiac MRI in four weeks and if they see some improvement then I hope to get cleared to go out and play 9 with a cart on the days I don't have cardiac rehabilitation.

Sounds very positive Chet. Hope that it goes well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28 pm 

Augie wrote:

Sounds very positive Chet. Hope that it goes well.

Agreed, sounds positive Chet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:29 pm 

Augie wrote:
Played Saturday and Sunday at Morris. Pretty windy both days. Saturday, I drove it onto the fringe of a 290 yard par 4, but missed the eagle putt. Sunday, we played in a 4 person scramble, the last event of the year. We shot 67 and finished 10th out 31 groups. Only one team finished double digits under par. We eagled a par 4 with a putt from off the green. But, it was 'greenskeepers revenge' day and the pins were in crazy places. Some were definitely 4 puttable and that's saying something for a 4 person scramble. The wind was howling. Had to be 30mph at time. Challenging couple of days to play. I won a Mizuno driver in the post event raffle, so I am going to try to get out next weekend and play.

Love it, sounds great

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:03 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Augie wrote:

Love it, sounds great

Thanks. A lot of fun. The same group has a tee time this coming Saturday at Nettle Creek. Looks like it's going to be 62 and sunny. I'm going to bring the new driver. Unfortunately, it's the draw biased model and that's the last kind of help I need as my miss is left. I'll give it a shot anyway as my current driver is a Ping G410 Plus and there have been 2 new versions since then.

Hopefully other folks can get out while the weather is still decent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:35 am 

Nice late season golf weather, hope some of you cretins get out there. I got an invite for Sunday but will likely pass. Told myself I was going to start hitting the gym hard 6 weeks ago and haven't stuck to it. I don't want to be saying the same thing when Xmas comes around so going to try to start some sort of schedule and try to stick with it a few weeks and see how I feel. Going to be in Vernon Hills for brunch tomorrow and would like to stop by PGA Superstore and Golf Galaxy to raid the used selection of clubs. I really shouldn't buy anything right now and wait until Jan/Feb. Not sure I even really need anything but am toying with the idea of getting rid of my 56 and 60 wedges and putting a 58 in there. I have a large yardage gap between my 5 iron and 4 hybrid that needs to be fixed. Was hoping that getting stronger would close that up. Used to hit 5 iron 200 but now can only squeeze 190 out of it on most days. Hybrid is usually going 225. I've tried to fill that with long irons and beefy irons in the past with mixed results. Really hit the hybrids well but then lose some of the feel and workability. Probably stand pat for now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:46 am 

I hear you about the gym. I need to get working on that as well. I'm walking most days which is a start. Oddly enough, I picked up some yards this year. I'm playing tomorrow at 1pm and going to try the new Mizuno driver I just won. Unfortunately, it is draw biased and my stock shot is a draw. So hopefully I can keep it on the fairway. This might be the last round of the year for me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:17 am 

Augie wrote:
I hear you about the gym. I need to get working on that as well. I'm walking most days which is a start. Oddly enough, I picked up some yards this year. I'm playing tomorrow at 1pm and going to try the new Mizuno driver I just won. Unfortunately, it is draw biased and my stock shot is a draw. So hopefully I can keep it on the fairway. This might be the last round of the year for me.

I generally get 10,000 steps a day but that doesn't really do a whole lot for me in my current state :lol: I need to mix in some weights and light cardio.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:56 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Augie wrote:

I generally get 10,000 steps a day but that doesn't really do a whole lot for me in my current state :lol: I need to mix in some weights and light cardio.

Yeah, weights is where it's at, for guys at least. I might think about rejoining a gym.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Teed off at 7:30 at St Andrews in west Chicago today. Insanely foggy to start and turned out to be a beautiful morning. Could drive and putt and that was about it…

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:18 pm 

The Mizuno driver was a terrible fit for me. I gave to someone who sells off equipment and I'm happy to get it out of my bag. I didn't bring my Ping, so I was stuck hitting it all day. 1:30 tee time tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I read something in one of the golf magazines a couple months ago that said the difference between a scratch golfer and the rest of us isn't that they necessarily make that many more birdies, but that they avoid doubles or worse. After today's round I fully understand that. Front nine I made 8 bogeys and only one par, but no doubles. Back nine I had 2 birdies and no doubles and cobbled together an 81. Ran into our pro on 11 and he asked how the round was going. I said a lot of bogeys but no doubles. He said, "well, you can still put together a good round then". TRUTH!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
#Truth

18 bogeys is 90/89. Not great but respectable.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 pm 

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/10/27/golf-man-playsr-17820-holes-wisconsin-golf
48 holes a day on average???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:53 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I read something in one of the golf magazines a couple months ago that said the difference between a scratch golfer and the rest of us isn't that they necessarily make that many more birdies, but that they avoid doubles or worse. After today's round I fully understand that. Front nine I made 8 bogeys and only one par, but no doubles. Back nine I had 2 birdies and no doubles and cobbled together an 81. Ran into our pro on 11 and he asked how the round was going. I said a lot of bogeys but no doubles. He said, "well, you can still put together a good round then". TRUTH!

And like clockwork - 2 bad doubles today turned a 77-78 into an 80. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:15 pm 

I played the Palmer course at Geneva National on Friday. It was surprisingly dead out there. My buddy and I played in about 2 1/2 hours. Had a nice 39 on the front but the back wasn't as good when it rained for 3 holes. Finished with an 82. Playing tomorrow but that might be it for the year. Sad thing is I am hitting my irons better than I have all year and I want to keep it going!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:37 pm 

27 holes in Glen Ellyn tomorrow. Come out at 6am if u wanna suck my dick.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:17 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
27 holes in Glen Ellyn tomorrow.

Aren't you going to be too tired to play golf after them?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:00 am 

Franky T wrote:
I played the Palmer course at Geneva National on Friday. It was surprisingly dead out there. My buddy and I played in about 2 1/2 hours. Had a nice 39 on the front but the back wasn't as good when it rained for 3 holes. Finished with an 82. Playing tomorrow but that might be it for the year. Sad thing is I am hitting my irons better than I have all year and I want to keep it going!

It’s been years since I’ve been out there but I think the Palmer is the toughest of the three tracks out there so that’s a very respectable score.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:24 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
27 holes in Glen Ellyn tomorrow.

Aren't you going to be too tired to play golf after them?

That’s disgusting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:06 pm 

Beers were four bucks a pop in Glen Ellyn. That was the highlight of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:54 am 

Contemplating heading out to the course Thanksgiving weekend to do some ball hunting. I still have quite a few from a few years back. This year I wouldn't even bother with scooping them out of the water. I've read those balls are pretty much sub par if they have been sitting in there for any considerable amount of time. I'm guessing that there are a few hundred balls I could find and probably more than 60 of them I would play so that seems like it would be worth the time and it would be some exercise. Not sure the temps make it as exciting. 5 dozen Pro V's would be worth the trouble to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Contemplating heading out to the course Thanksgiving weekend to do some ball hunting. I still have quite a few from a few years back. This year I wouldn't even bother with scooping them out of the water. I've read those balls are pretty much sub par if they have been sitting in there for any considerable amount of time. I'm guessing that there are a few hundred balls I could find and probably more than 60 of them I would play so that seems like it would be worth the time and it would be some exercise. Not sure the temps make it as exciting. 5 dozen Pro V's would be worth the trouble to me.

I was talking with a guy at our league outing dinner about this. He claimed he finds about 8k balls per year with the most being in fall easily. Also claimed he keeps what he plays and play it again sports and/or internet pays like 25 cents a ball.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:10 am 

pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I was talking with a guy at our league outing dinner about this. He claimed he finds about 8k balls per year with the most being in fall easily. Also claimed he keeps what he plays and play it again sports and/or internet pays like 25 cents a ball.

The last time I went out I think I found 700 or so, a majority were in the water. What I have been doing is I take 5 or 6 and hit them into the driving range before teeing off as a warmup. The guys I play with like to play good balls but they are not the ones I play like Callaway or Bridgestone or whatever. I usually give them each a new ball before we tee off. I keep the TaylorMade and Titleist generally.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 am 

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

The last time I went out I think I found 700 or so, a majority were in the water. What I have been doing is I take 5 or 6 and hit them into the driving range before teeing off as a warmup. The guys I play with like to play good balls but they are not the ones I play like Callaway or Bridgestone or whatever. I usually give them each a new ball before we tee off. I keep the TaylorMade and Titleist generally.

I bought a dozen of the Calloway Chrome Soft X LS balls this year. I was looking for the lowest spinning ball. I have to say I liked them quite a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:32 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I bought a dozen of the Calloway Chrome Soft X LS balls this year. I was looking for the lowest spinning ball. I have to say I liked them quite a bit.

I liked them a lot also Franky. I also find Warbirds fit me. I think staying away from the 4-5 piece expensive balls keeps my mishits from being disasters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:37 am 

T-Bone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I don't hunt but I keep what I find. Usually only use Callaways, Titleists. If in good shape Bridgestones and Maxims. Last year I bout two boxes of balls all year so... But my game is not your guys' I did learn a bad lesson. On Mondays we play behind a serious money league where the players aren't so good. One of them 3-4 groups ahead had an errant shot come into our area and I thought no way it could be active today.

The guy came up though and asked we seen his ball and I fessed up. I tried to hand it to him and he snapped no put it where it was found this is important. I felt bad and said sorry but it was all I could do not to tell him to ease up before I stick this putter up your ass. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next