It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: 2022 PGA Tour thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hoping to catch some of the golf later tonight. Looks like some of the leaders are playing really well. Anybody have any predictions for the season or majors?

I don’t have ESPN+ or Golf Channel. I’m going to be missing a lot of golf this year.

Post subject: Re: 2022 PGA Tour thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
You need to get Golf Channel.

Smith can putt his ass off.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Joynt, Milan IL
I like Sam Burns and Hovland to win their first Major this season.

Masters - Rory
PGA - Burns
US Open - Hovland
The Open Championship - Morikawa

Could see Harris English or Kokrak contend in a Major. Tiger will not tee it up in 2022.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:41 am 

Franky T wrote:
You need to get Golf Channel.

Smith can putt his ass off.

He's been going bananas on the greens since he put that Scotty 009 in his bag. I didn't get to see any of it live. I do need to get Golf Channel somehow. Going to be an interesting year.
I don't have any predictions for majors yet but I agree with QCD about Hovland. I'd need to look closer about the courses they are playing. I was listening to the SubPar podcast and they figured
that there was a slight chance that Tiger could tee it up at St Andrews for the British. That gives him a lot of time to rehab and the course is very flat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:22 pm 

This is a sad surprise, always enjoyed his reporting.....

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tim-ro ... ers-battle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:06 pm 

T-Bone wrote:

It must have taken him down quick. It wasn't that long ago that he left being on air.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah he was just on during the Ryder Cup. Not that old, sad.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It must have taken him down quick. It wasn't that long ago that he left being on air.

I know he left the golf channel in late 2019, but at that time, I remember thinking you couldn't tell anything was going on. What a vicious turn his life took, very sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:49 am 

Looking forward to the tournament this week, plus some of the coverage will be on CBS so I can tune in. Torrey Pines is not really one of my favorite tracks but it definitely provides some good TV.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:47 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Looking forward to the tournament this week, plus some of the coverage will be on CBS so I can tune in. Torrey Pines is not really one of my favorite tracks but it definitely provides some good TV.

Reminder, it runs Wednesday thru Saturday this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:10 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Why is that anyway? Thanks for the reminder. I checked TV coverage and it ended on Saturday and thought it was a typo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:16 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Why is that anyway? Thanks for the reminder. I checked TV coverage and it ended on Saturday and thought it was a typo.

To avoid NFL Championship Sunday I would suppose. I think there is some primetime coverage on Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

To avoid NFL Championship Sunday I would suppose. I think there is some primetime coverage on Friday night.

Nobody wants any part of the NFL freight train!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:31 am 

Good point on the NFL championship games. Today is going to be interesting to see how the guys on the North play the South and vice versa. Rahm posting a -6 on the South seemed pretty impressive to me. Also like to see Fowler up there again and hope he can play the South under par today. Not sure where the cut will be but my guess is somewhere near -2 depending on weather and wind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm 

Golf on in primetime the next two nights. A lot of big names missed the cut and a couple of world class players on the very top with some other names within shouting distance if they go bananas today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:36 pm 

What a shot to win by Luke List.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:49 am 

We had to go to a dinner party so I missed everything after Day holed out from the fairway. Nice win for List.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:47 am 

I love seeing guys who grind it out on the various tours for 10+ years finally breakthrough and get a win.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Hovland wins again. This time on the European tour. He moves up to #3 on the world rankings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:05 am 

I believe Berger is a scratch with a bad back. I'd like to see Speith make a run this weekend. Day and Zalatoris are both playing well and Cantlay is back in the field this week. Should be interesting. No idea what the weather is supposed to look like.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:13 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I believe Berger is a scratch with a bad back. I'd like to see Speith make a run this weekend. Day and Zalatoris are both playing well and Cantlay is back in the field this week. Should be interesting. No idea what the weather is supposed to look like.

Zalatoris is out also.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:21 pm 

Playing in a foursome with Bill Murray would be exhausting. I would be tempted to tell him to shut the F up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:22 am 

HVIII drops a 100-footer for the win!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:28 pm 

Holy shit that was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
One thing I may have missed: why is it that this year the ATT is lacking a slew of the top PGA Tour players? I know there are a bunch in Saudi, and I know that the Tour had to give them the OK for it, as long as they committed to returning in the future…that said, why would the Tour give that OK in the first place, especially with continued rumblings of that Saudi-backed league? I also understand those playing in Saudi this week probably got huge appearance fees.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:45 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
One thing I may have missed: why is it that this year the ATT is lacking a slew of the top PGA Tour players? I know there are a bunch in Saudi, and I know that the Tour had to give them the OK for it, as long as they committed to returning in the future…that said, why would the Tour give that OK in the first place, especially with continued rumblings of that Saudi-backed league? I also understand those playing in Saudi this week probably got huge appearance fees.

Don't know the answer to this specifically. I could see why playing in a Pro-Am like that would be hard when you have amateurs playing a difficult course and goofs like Murray slowing things down even more than the glacial pace they usually play at. I saw a post early in the week where 4 or 5 caddies were all bunked in one room because it is so expensive around there. Some guys don't like how certain tournaments are run and this one is odd because you play 3 different courses. The Saudi thing is interesting and I am not sure who would "defect" but my guess is that it would effect the Euro tour more than the PGA tour. I saw some really big numbers thrown around to try to lure DeChambeau. They can have him. I think most of the top players are more interested in winning the traditional majors at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Well, circumstances like this past weekend work out for some guys, like Tom Hoge. I don't think we can be sure he would not have won this tournament against any and all other competition, but he played everyone who was there this weekend. (It seems to me that Speith's career started similarly at the John Deere, against lower marquee players.)

His Mom was a teacher at my high school, his father was the guy I replaced in my first ever paying job. They must be so proud of their son.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:02 am 

K Effective wrote:
Well, circumstances like this past weekend work out for some guys, like Tom Hoge. I don't think we can be sure he would not have won this tournament against any and all other competition, but he played everyone who was there this weekend. (It seems to me that Speith's career started similarly at the John Deere, against lower marquee players.)

His Mom was a teacher at my high school, his father was the guy I replaced in my first ever paying job. They must be so proud of their son.

That is very cool... He still lives in Fargo, ND which is certainly rare for these guys. Great to see someone like him stick with it and finally get rewarded.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think with the Saudi tour, you might see veterans jump for a big payday. Guys like Poulter, Westwood, Kuchar, etc. Not saying those guys by name for sure, but older players in that ilk. Not that any of those guys are hurting for cash, but they have been on Tour for a long time, seemingly have their legacy, and could opt for trying to make as much money as possible over being a Ryder Cup captain.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
T-Bone wrote:
K Effective wrote:

That is very cool... He still lives in Fargo, ND which is certainly rare for these guys. Great to see someone like him stick with it and finally get rewarded.

Tom's Dad Chuck was CEO of Melroe/Bobcat, based in Fargo. When Chuck left his Aunt/Uncle's farm to become a multi-sport college star, I was hired to replace him. Big switch from 6'4" stud college athlete to me, a 5'8" fat junior high kid, but, they adjusted after a while.

Tom's career hasn't been the rocket ship ride of Speith, but I can appreciate the success of a grinder. and hope he continues to play well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next