It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 PGA Tour thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Pwning the libs by getting buddy buddy with the dudes that did 9/11.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Back to back wins for Finau. -49 over his last 9 rounds. Hit 66 of 72 greens in regulation this weekend. Even Kim Jong-Un couldn't play that well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 am 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34 ... t-pga-tour

The LIV golfers are filing an antitrust lawsuit against the PGA. Makes sense I suppose, but I thought they didn’t want to be on the tour in the first place. Hard to say how the PGA is engaging in anti-competitive practices when there’s another golf league, which these guys play in, that’s drowning them in cash.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:38 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34341768/phil-mickelson-bryson-dechambeau-11-golfers-file-antitrust-lawsuit-pga-tour

The LIV golfers are filing an antitrust lawsuit against the PGA. Makes sense I suppose, but I thought they didn’t want to be on the tour in the first place. Hard to say how the PGA is engaging in anti-competitive practices when there’s another golf league, which these guys play in, that’s drowning them in cash.

My guess is that this is more about the PGA tour trying to pressure the majors to also ban those golfers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:42 am 

Brick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34341768/phil-mickelson-bryson-dechambeau-11-golfers-file-antitrust-lawsuit-pga-tour

My guess is that this is more about the PGA tour trying to pressure the majors to also ban those golfers.

That’s fair. Tour shouldn’t be able to ban LIV players from competing in non-tour events.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
SpiralStairs wrote:

LIV golfers: We love this because it's a limited schedule and we get to spend more time with our families.

Also LIV golfers: We want to play in more events!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: That is true.

But I have to say if the Masters or PGA or R&A wants to invite/allow LIV golfers to play in their event, they should have the right to do so. Just as a sponsor should be able to give an exemption to a LIV guy as well. If AT&T wants Dustin Johnson to play in the Bryon Nelson, then that shouldn't be a problem IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Happy to see Zalatoris finally break thru and get his first win.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:00 pm 

Insane that shot didn’t end up on the water

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:22 pm 

Cam Smith WD's from the BMW citing "hip issues".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Zalatoris pulls out of Tour Championship and Presidents Cup with two herniated discs. Yikes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:07 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Zalatoris pulls out of Tour Championship and Presidents Cup with two herniated discs. Yikes.

Yeah, that ain't good at 26 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:15 am 
100000 CLUB

That ain't good at any age :lol:

Shame. He was really coming into his own. Hopefully he can recover but if he doesn't, at least he got his win.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:13 am 

https://tglgolf.com/

Combo video game/live action?!?

And tiger can play without needing to walk 7,500 yards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:28 am 

I think the PGA Tour absolutely looks like a bunch of smucks and it shouldn't be happening. How Jay Monahan still has his job is beyond me. They have been totally reactionary to this whole thing and they look awful for it. It makes me sad. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Rickie Fowler and I agree.

I think Monahan thought LIV would be a joke and fold really quickly. Not sure if they are here for the long term, but LIV definitely has staying power for the short term.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:47 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Rickie Fowler and I agree.

I think Monahan thought LIV would be a joke and fold really quickly. Not sure if they are here for the long term, but LIV definitely has staying power for the short term.

But it can be a joke, AND still not fold, as long as there is an endless amount of FU money being thrown at it.

If I had billions of dollars of money that I didn't care about spending, or getting any return on, I could start the "casual fan golf league" tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Finally we can add mini gold staples such as the swinging log over the hole and hitting it into the clown's mouth to professional golf.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
But it can be a joke, AND still not fold, as long as there is an endless amount of FU money being thrown at it.
Agree, but TBone alluded to this earlier in the thread. Look at some of the leaderboards and things. Eventually that FU money will dry up as they realize this isn't really a competitive league. They also aren't likely to grow or stick around long without a TV contract.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Rory about to bring it home. Sucks for Scheffler, but great for Rory, and great for Rory to be the tour champion, especially for this particular season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:43 pm 

Scheffler seems like a nice enough guy but his Jay Leno looking face makes he hate his guts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:47 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Rory about to bring it home. Sucks for Scheffler, but great for Rory, and great for Rory to be the tour champion, especially for this particular season.

Yup. He's been the face of the tour all year. It's fitting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

It's definitely been an entertaining season overall. The Playoffs were really good, and there were some great finishes at the Majors. And yes definitely fitting that Rory is the guy to win it this year.

$28 million in just tournament golf income this year. Unreal. I'm going to glue a golf club to my kid's hand when I get home tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:38 am 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/harold-var ... 41099.html

Sorry to see him leave as I feel like he is on the verge of breaking through but at least someone came out and was honest about making the move to LIV. Generational wealth and a chance to support his foundation and charities. Why is he the first guy to just come out and say it? Will be interesting to watch this weeks tournament from afar. Does any network carry the LIV yet? Do you watch online?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:02 am 

T-Bone wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/harold-varner-iii-refreshingly-honest-210041099.html

Sorry to see him leave as I feel like he is on the verge of breaking through but at least someone came out and was honest about making the move to LIV. Generational wealth and a chance to support his foundation and charities. Why is he the first guy to just come out and say it? Will be interesting to watch this weeks tournament from afar. Does any network carry the LIV yet? Do you watch online?

No network coverage and I have watched maybe 5 minutes of it online. I also watch a lot of golf but just have no interest in this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:06 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/harold-varner-iii-refreshingly-honest-210041099.html

No network coverage and I have watched maybe 5 minutes of it online. I also watch a lot of golf but just have no interest in this.

I won't go out of my way to watch it on my iPad at home. Just a shame that some of the guys I really enjoyed watching are now gone. I always want to see the very best players and while a majority of them are still on the PGA Tour, there were some guys I liked watching like Smith, Koepka, Casey, DJ, Reed, hell even DeChambeau could be entertaining even though I wasn't a fan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:28 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Yeah, I've always liked him. His letter actually makes me like him more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 am 
100000 CLUB

I think DJ was one of the only ones who flat out said it was about the money and that he didn't want to play golf for 10-12 more years.

Agree on HVIII. I too believe he was on the cusp of potentially winning a major in 2023. Best of luck to him.

I've watched zero of the LIV stuff as it happens, and have only see a few recaps and highlights online.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I won't go out of my way to watch it on my iPad at home. Just a shame that some of the guys I really enjoyed watching are now gone. I always want to see the very best players and while a majority of them are still on the PGA Tour, there were some guys I liked watching like Smith, Koepka, Casey, DJ, Reed, hell even DeChambeau could be entertaining even though I wasn't a fan.

I must not care about them too much because I haven't made much of an attempt to watch them. Also, I think part of it too is, the tournaments truly don't mean anything. There is no history to this and I am not sure what the end game is other than a lot of money. I am the old man yells at cloud like the history kind of guy I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Agree. If there is a LIV tournament in the winter or around the holidays when there isn't much golf going on, I would probably watch. But yeah its tough to have a vested interest when it really means nothing- other than a paycheck- to win. Essentially these are like exhibition matches/games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next