It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
BigW72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I'm back at it starting last weekend. I have a membership to Planet Fitness. 24 hours a day during the week and opens at 7am on weekends. Going to hit it 3x a week at 4:30 before work and then go harder on the weekends. If I can continue to go consistently between now and Thanksgiving I think I can make it a habit. The over under of keeping this going vs quitting is 11/15. :lol:

Had my annual biometric screening in September and it got my ass back in cardio mode. I've stayed pretty consistent the last month, but I'm with ya T-Bone....I'm sure I'll get lazy soon enough :lol:

I'd like to get to a level where I can do some more intense cardio. I am physically able to do it but I know enough not to jump back into it with both feet at full tilt. I am doing some elliptical and some walking on an incline at a decent pace ( 3.8). I'm a much bigger than average individual at around 6'1 and 270 lbs. I am clearly overweight but have been able to carry it somewhat well because I am still relatively athletic. Most of it is present in my torso and additional chins. This weekend and I am going to try to do a walk/jog combo and switch back and forth every 4 minutes or so as a kind of interval training. I walk my dog a lot every day but that will wind down once the weather changes. Other than that, everything I read is telling me to try to continue to get stronger and try to work on flexibility. I'd like to be able to get back to easily touching my toes by the spring. Sound like little goals but I have to look at this as a lifetime plan not a 6 month one to try to hit an arbitrary goal and then take my foot off the gas. I'm naturally pretty lazy which has gotten me to my current state so having to work hard at it has been a challenge over the past I'd say 10 years where I have been packing on 3-5 lbs a year.