It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2022 Masters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tiger Woods officially listed in the field for the Masters on their website. His name is also not on the "Past Champions Not Playing" section.

Not sure what this all really means. I'd love to see him there, just assumed it was way too difficult a walk for him and his leg right now.

:shock:

Post subject: Re: 2022 Masters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/245 ... f-entrants

Quote:
Masters protocol stipulates that an invited player is listed in the field until they notify organisers they will not be playing, and Woods is apparently yet to make that call.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:39 am 

He still hasn't pulled his name out and there was video leaked of him walking the Medalist course with his caddy last weekend. I still think it is a long shot but I wouldn't past him to try to make a go of it. I am sure he wouldn't play practice rounds to save on the leg but he could try to at least make the cut.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:
He still hasn't pulled his name out and there was video leaked of him walking the Medalist course with his caddy last weekend. I still think it is a long shot but I wouldn't past him to try to make a go of it. I am sure he wouldn't play practice rounds to save on the leg but he could try to at least make the cut.

Sounds like he is headed there today to play.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:32 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Sounds like he is headed there today to play.

I guess he was there with Justin Thomas and his son. Guy still moves the meters even if he isn’t playing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My guess is he is there to do the ceremonial tee shot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
pittmike wrote:

No, he's not. That's Nicklaus, Player, and Watson.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Franky T wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Well he isn't there to walk four days of golf that is for sure. Par 3 thing or some shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:26 am 

pittmike wrote:
Franky T wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Well he isn't there to walk four days of golf that is for sure. Par 3 thing or some shit.

Why is this such a sure thing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He is there for the Champions dinner regardless. He's earned the right to give it a go and if he has to WD then he does.

Only going off based on what Tiger has said, and my own experience hoofing it around that place, I just don't see how his leg is going to hold up for 72 holes at Augusta. Not only will he be walking 5-8 miles per day, but he'll also be 'climbing' about 40 flights of stairs.

The practice area/range and the 1st tee is the highest point on the property, and the low point- I think- is Amen corner or around there, and there is about a 200' change in elevation.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:09 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
He is there for the Champions dinner regardless. He's earned the right to give it a go and if he has to WD then he does.

Only going off based on what Tiger has said, and my own experience hoofing it around that place, I just don't see how his leg is going to hold up for 72 holes at Augusta. Not only will he be walking 5-8 miles per day, but he'll also be 'climbing' about 40 flights of stairs.

The practice area/range and the 1st tee is the highest point on the property, and the low point- I think- is Amen corner or around there, and there is about a 200' change in elevation.

This sounds about right. When we went my BIL couldn't even make up the 10th fairway. And he has had no traumatic injury; just MANY years of sofas and weed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:10 am 

I don't think he tees it up, if he doesn't feel he can compete. I don't think he is into ceremonial b.s.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:44 am 

Can't remember the last time Woods played the Par 3 contest. When his kids were younger I am sure. Pretty sure he is there to test himself to see if he can tee it up in the real show. If he can't physically do it after a few days of practice he will know and bow out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:46 am 

Looking like at least 80% chance of rain Tuesday when I am there with chance of thunderstorms. Rain wouldn't be a deal breaker but thunder and lightning generally means they will close the course. Depending on how wide spread, they can close it for rest of the day which happened to me when I last went 5 years ago. Hoping for at least a half day until noon to hit the merch and walk the back nine but too early to tell and obviously out of my control. Definitely would be disappointing to head down and not even get in there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:49 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Looking like at least 80% chance of rain Tuesday when I am there with chance of thunderstorms. Rain wouldn't be a deal breaker but thunder and lightning generally means they will close the course. Depending on how wide spread, they can close it for rest of the day which happened to me when I last went 5 years ago. Hoping for at least a half day until noon to hit the merch and walk the back nine but too early to tell and obviously out of my control. Definitely would be disappointing to head down and not even get in there.

Positive vibes T-Bone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
T-Bone wrote:

what happens if rain out? get your money back for the tickets? or do they give you a chance at a future date?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:20 am 

billypootons wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

what happens if rain out? get your money back for the tickets? or do they give you a chance at a future date?

Apparently the policy if a complete rainout is a refund and chance to buy tickets the following year. Better than nothing but doesn't help with the airfare, 3 nights hotel and rental car. We have some other plans on Monday so it wouldn't be a complete loss if it doesn't work out. Not sure I would go through the trouble to go again, I was kind of hoping this would be the last time going for a long time or possibly ever. It's kind of a pain in the butt to get down there and with no family in the area anymore it becomes a bit more so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:53 pm 

I went a few years ago. Got on the course twice but then were quickly chased off both times before they canceled the day because of storms. We got nothing as far as tickets for the next year. Plus out all the air fare, car rental, and airbnb. Still, no regrets. Was happy to step foot in the place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
Tue 05 | Day
77°

SSE 15 mph
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 77F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch.
Brutal. Hope it works out, TBone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:04 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
Tue 05 | Day
77°

SSE 15 mph
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 77F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch.
Brutal. Hope it works out, TBone.

Exactly.

I used to work for Avis at the Atlanta airport. While I still don't get the allure of the Tournament, I loved to see people coming because we had no cars after Monday. More importantly, they'd leave more quality stuff in their cars while racing to make their flights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
While I still don't get the allure of the Tournament
That is just silly or willfully ignorant.

Other than perhaps winning a Gold Medal or the Kentucky Derby, winning The Masters is the most prestigious event an individual can win in American sports.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:27 pm 

Heading out early tomorrow. 2 hr drive to get there. Weather looking to change around 11 but might have a window until 1 until it turns to total shit. We get in at 8 so hoping for time to hit the merch and then head to the back nine. I guess Tiger has a press conference at 11 so we may see if he’s at the range. I’d like to see the par 3 where my dads ashes are so that’s a slight detour. At this point it doesn’t appear to be a total washout so that would be great if we could get what I listed above done. If we can, I’d have no interest in going back unless I lived closer down here, which we may be looking to do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:47 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Other than perhaps winning a Gold Medal or the Kentucky Derby, winning The Masters is the most prestigious event an individual can win in American sports.

50 years ago if you enjoy the game of golf or other increasingly irrelevant sports you referenced perhaps. I don't particularly enjoy the game and I never respected the members of the Augusta National GC until well into my adult years.

Calling my opinion silly or willfully ignorant reflects poorly on you though. Imho.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:04 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

50 years ago if you enjoy the game of golf or other increasingly irrelevant sports you referenced perhaps. I don't particularly enjoy the game and I never respected the members of the Augusta National GC until well into my adult years.

Calling my opinion silly or willfully ignorant reflects poorly on you though. Imho.

Frank took it pretty hard to the hoop there. MANY would agree with Reader and the hullabaloo that comes with this tournament. I admittedly have a love for the event for many reasons and admit it has been put on a somewhat ridiculous pedestal. They’ve marketed it this way and done a good job of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:47 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Heading out early tomorrow. 2 hr drive to get there. Weather looking to change around 11 but might have a window until 1 until it turns to total shit. We get in at 8 so hoping for time to hit the merch and then head to the back nine. I guess Tiger has a press conference at 11 so we may see if he’s at the range. I’d like to see the par 3 where my dads ashes are so that’s a slight detour. At this point it doesn’t appear to be a total washout so that would be great if we could get what I listed above done. If we can, I’d have no interest in going back unless I lived closer down here, which we may be looking to do.

Hope you have a good day. I also hope you are leaving very early. I remember that road from the highway to the course being a nightmare. When I went we were lucky enough to score a hotel within walking distance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:59 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Frank took it pretty hard to the hoop there. MANY would agree with Reader and the hullabaloo that comes with this tournament. I admittedly have a love for the event for many reasons and admit it has been put on a somewhat ridiculous pedestal. They’ve marketed it this way and done a good job of it.

It's my favorite sporting event of the year. But that's largely because I am a golf fanatic (and a huge Tiger fan). The pageantry surrounding the event is totally over the top but I eat it all up. If you aren't an avid golfer or golf fan, I can see being turned off by it all, or not getting the allure of it as Reader put it. Fans of open wheel racing would say winning the Indy 500 is the most prestigious event an individual can win in American sports. I would hope they wouldn't call me silly or willfully ignorant for not agreeing with them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Before Tiger made golf popular among the general audience it was mainly a niche sport with a lot of no names after Jack and Arnold. Fuzzy Zeller? Greg Normal? Nick Faldo? None of those guys did anything for me.

I think we're back to no name types again.

I'll only tune in if Tiger is in it and he has a chance to win. I will probably watch the end of the last round if it's close.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Men's golf
·
See more
Jared Doerfler
@DoerflerJared
Tiger, JT, Boom Boom - playing together this afternoon.

Justin Thomas - 28 years old
Tiger Woods - 46 years old
Fred Couples - 62 years old

This is why golf is the greatest game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:27 am 

T-bone looks good until about 2 and then get the hell out of there.