It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Say what you will about Cam Smith but he is Everyman type of golfer. Can’t hit all that far but has a good short game and putts lights out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Lowest final round ever at St Andrews. Won The Players and a Major in the same season. That's pretty goddamn elite.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Made for some pretty exciting TV and overall it was enjoyable. I was hoping for a playoff but it just wasn't meant to be. Cameron Young was impressive, I thought he would wilt under the pressure.
A little sad because I really don't watch much after The Open Championship except maybe The Tour finale if there is something on the line or some people I like near the top. It's been a pretty good
season overall but a little frustrating with the LIV stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Got in the car yesterday after work around 2pm and Parkins and Spiegel were going on and on about how Cam Smith was going to be taking the money and going to the LIV tour and how he has 5 year exemptions for all the majors now and how he was going to get paid $90 million guaranteed. I don't see any of that online anywhere and I don't think anyone knows how these major championship exemptions are going to work next year. I would say Smith has as much or more incentive to stay with the PGA Tour right now to rack up majors. Maybe I missed something before I turned the radio and they were just speculating but they way they droned on and on about it I thought they were reporting it as fact.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
I can understand being annoyed to be asked about LIV right after winning The Open, but he sure as heck didn't say "no".

Smith to LIV for $100 mil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I guess I can see why people do business with the Saudi's despite them doing 9/11. Just absurd amounts of money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
SpiralStairs wrote:
I guess I can see why people do business with the Saudi's despite them doing 9/11. Just absurd amounts of money.

JEWS did 911

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
SpiralStairs wrote:

He's Australian, so I'm sure it was easier for him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

Good thing Joe is ineligible for the Majors anyway.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Marc Leishman joining LIV as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:02 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Marc Leishman joining LIV as well.

Why do the Aussies hate America?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:23 pm 

Curious to know what these deals look like. Do they just wire over $100,000,000 to Cam Smith, or does he need to place top 10 or top 5 in a certain number of events to get the full amount?

The argument that people on welfare have no incentive to work would seem to apply to the LIV golfers. They apparently get millions of dollars just for showing up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:33 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Curious to know what these deals look like. Do they just wire over $100,000,000 to Cam Smith, or does he need to place top 10 or top 5 in a certain number of events to get the full amount?

The argument that people on welfare have no incentive to work would seem to apply to the LIV golfers. They apparently get millions of dollars just for showing up.

Yes, yes they do. Payments are not tied to results. They get paid for their results on top of the big payment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm 

Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Yes, yes they do. Payments are not tied to results. They get paid for their results on top of the big payment.

Now that Cam Smith is $100,000,000 richer what incentive does he have to compete? Even if he just put the money in a high yield savings account he'd maintain multi-generational wealth without the need to play in, much less win, golf tournaments.

Now he's faced with a difficult question: should he spend a few extra hours at the range working on his short game, or should look at paint swatches for the hull of his yacht?

Last edited by SpiralStairs on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I guess he can quit the side gig of having Matt Groening use him as a model for the Simpsons characters skins now.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:51 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I guess he can quit the side gig of having Matt Groening use him as a model for the Simpsons characters skins now.

Cam Smith is Asian?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Now that Cam Smith is $100,000,000 richer what incentive does he have to compete? Even if he just put the money in a high yield savings account he'd maintain multi-generational wealth without the need to play in, much less win, golf tournaments.

Now he's faced with a difficult question: should he spend a few extra hours at the range working on his short game, or should look at paint swatches for the hull of his yacht?

Now you see the flaw in the Bernie Sanders agenda.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:59 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Now that Cam Smith is $100,000,000 richer what incentive does he have to compete?

That's what Tiger said about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:29 pm 

Brick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I’d agree if every American was a pro golfer with a $100,000,000 contract backed by the Saudi government.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:37 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Brick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I’d agree if every American was a pro golfer with a $100,000,000 contract backed by the Saudi government.

That was going to be what Bernie ran on for his second term.