It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Under 10 min mile, it mean it's better than not exercising, but is it by no means great.

\

for 6-7 miles???? Who do you think posts here, Steve Prefontaine?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Under 10 min mile, it mean it's better than not exercising, but is it by no means great.

\

Great job BigW, I couldn't even run 50 feet without needing another back surgery.

I haven't run a sub-10 minute mile in at least 20 years so I couldn't keep up with CB there but I'd be happy to take him on a 50k trail run anytime.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
a genius wrote:
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

\

Great job BigW, I couldn't even run 50 feet without needing another back surgery.

I haven't run a sub-10 minute mile in at least 20 years so I couldn't keep up with CB there but I'd be happy to take him on a 50k trail run anytime.

CB wouldn't want to go on a 50k trail run because he would be running over 10 minute miles which he doesn't consider to be exercise.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 8:00 am 

first weigh in since going on vacation last week. Gained 1 lb. I can live with that.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: John's
shakes wrote:
first weigh in since going on vacation last week. Gained 1 lb. I can live with that.

Take a shit. There is your pound.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:

Take a shit. There is your pound.

you don't think I do that before every weigh in already?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:57 am 

back on track after a strong week. Down 2 lbs from last week.

Starting weight: 241
current weight: 210.6

goal = 195

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
shakes wrote:
back on track after a strong week. Down 2 lbs from last week.

current weight: 210.6

goal = 195

I dropped a whopping 1.5 lbs in the month of May :lol:
I started in late February but intentionally did not do an initial weigh-in. I'm weighing now just to make sure I'm maintaining. I'd like to drop another 10, but I'd rather enjoy my life.

Still....30+ lbs with just diet is very impressive.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:

More cushion for the pushin! 'Mericuh!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I walked seventeen miles over two days in Manhattan this weekend. The most I have walked since my open heart surgery 11 months ago, as the weather was absolutely perfect. I climbed about 300 subway stairs, which was challenging for my quads and calf muscles. Didn't eat anything crazy beyond two Sicilian slices in Brooklyn on Saturday and a pastrami sandwich from Katz's for my brunch on Sunday.

I came home and weighed myself on Monday morning, and I had gained nine pounds. Not lost, but gained. I did a little Google searching and I guess it had to do with my body dealing with the inflammation and needing fluid for the muscles.

I already lost five of them in the first 24 hours just from pissing it out, and hope to lose the other four over the next two days. I have gone down 10 in the last six weeks so to gain it all back in one day, even temporarily, was a gut punch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I walked seventeen miles over two days in Manhattan this weekend. The most I have walked since my open heart surgery 11 months ago, as the weather was absolutely perfect. I climbed about 300 subway stairs, which was challenging for my quads and calf muscles. Didn't eat anything crazy beyond two Sicilian slices in Brooklyn on Saturday and a pastrami sandwich from Katz's for my brunch on Sunday.

I came home and weighed myself on Monday morning, and I had gained nine pounds. Not lost, but gained. I did a little Google searching and I guess it had to do with my body dealing with the inflammation and needing fluid for the muscles.

I already lost five of them in the first 24 hours just from pissing it out, and hope to lose the other four over the next two days. I have gone down 10 in the last six weeks so to gain it all back in one day, even temporarily, was a gut punch.

Are you only weighing in the morning and is your scale a good one? I find my weight fluctuates by a few pounds throughout the day. When I do an intense workout after resting, I end up 2-3+ pounds up on the scale. 9 seems like a lot though.

Also, sorry to hear about the heart surgery, hopefully things have improved.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:

During my senior year of high school, I weighed 163 pounds and had 8% body fat before I started cutting weight for wrestling.

Is the average Afghani man a (tall) midget?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: John's

Its all water weight, in fact it's pretty much impossible to add 9 pounds of fat in that short of time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:53 am 

are you retaining fluids? That is most likely a heart issue and you should get that looked at immediately. My father is having issues with that now. Came back from Florida trip 60 pounds overweight, all fluid in his legs. was put in the hospital to have it drained. Now a month later he's back in with more fluid issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

During my senior year of high school, I weighed 163 pounds and had 8% body fat before I started cutting weight for wrestling.

Im guessing they dont eat 2 to 3 times what they need to every day then sit on their asses the rest of it .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:08 am 

shakes wrote:

are you retaining fluids? That is most likely a heart issue and you should get that looked at immediately. My father is having issues with that now. Came back from Florida trip 60 pounds overweight, all fluid in his legs. was put in the hospital to have it drained. Now a month later he's back in with more fluid issues.

I was just at the cardiologist on Wednesday for my check in. They've slowly backed me off of the lasix - valve surgery #2 was in July, they halved the dosage in December then in March they went from daily to stretching it out. Now I'm at every fourth day plus when needed. Monday was the fourth day, and I took one today as well.

I did have 53 "zone minutes" on my Fitbit on Saturday (the whole walking across the Brooklyn Bridge thing was a contributor) so yeah there was probably some insufficiency in there as well as my EF is up to 50% but not the normal 55-60+.

For the last year of his life, my dad had the fluid issues your dad has been seeing. I used to have to fly up to Chicago and take him to the PA every other week until he went into memory care.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:15 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Its all water weight, in fact it's pretty much impossible to add 9 pounds of fat in that short of time.

The sodium in a 12 oz pastrami sandwich probably didn't help. But it was good pastrami...

Yeah, eating 32000 calories to translate to nine extra pounds, not even Eddie Schwartz could have done that in a weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:58 am 

down another pound this week. Back in the 200's for the first time in a long time.

Current weight: 209.6

Goal = 195

exercise participated in = 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:30 pm 

half a pound this week. About what I expected after a big loss last week.

Current weight: 209

Goal weight: 195ish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:10 pm 

So all of the fluid from that NYC trip disappeared in 24 hours as the inflammation in my legs dissipated. But I'm still 14 pounds over this time last year, when my heart wasn't doing shit before my surgery and I had fluid in my lungs.

My doctor said today at my annual physical that I have to go to PT starting in three weeks because my back and hips are a little messed up, probably from losing lean mass after the surgery (and I still gained 14 pounds, fuck...), and causing the pain in one of my ankles. Walking for distance has been increasingly painful on the ankle for the last two months, and she said it is because the hip is messing up my stride and that I have a bit of sciatica to boot.

At least I'm cleared to restart the seated cross-trainer again, so I can do that four days a week until PT starts.

I am on a 2200 calorie a day meal plan five days a week for the last month and want to slowly drop it to a steady state of 1800 calories a day six days a week. I've learned through experimentation that my target meal is 14 ounces (I have a little counter scale in my kitchen) and 700-750 calories. Less calories, I don't have enough energy. Less heft, and I don't have enough fullness and want to graze.

She was generally positive - the muscle mass loss and corresponding pain is really the only medium-term side effect from the valve replacement, my blood work is all normal, and I'm essentially retired so I have plenty of time to work on improvements and if I am doing that then I'm not spending money!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

With the right protozoal infection dropping weight was easy... Might need to try the Sitka National forest diet plan again one of these days but 125 might be a bit tough on the frame these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Been riding the road bike lately. 33 miles today. Been alternating between biking and running with biking taking precedence. Going to do a 100-mile ride later this summer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Lowered my blood pressure from 122/80 in May to 118/76 yesterday without doing anything other than biking/running.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:05 am 

another half pound loss, down to 208.4. slow and steady wins the race.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
shakes wrote:

Nice....I'm only doing monthly weigh-ins. I can't handle the disappointment when it's weekly :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:18 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nice....I'm only doing monthly weigh-ins. I can't handle the disappointment when it's weekly :lol:

I don't do daily for that reason, but need to do it weekly to make sure I'm doing it right.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:06 pm 

shakes wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
shakes wrote:

I don't do daily for that reason, but need to do it weekly to make sure I'm doing it right.

I'm doing daily because I need to manage fluid retention as they wean me off of lasix, but I have learned to just take the average of the whole week as a single data point.

I seem to be off of whatever plateau I was on the last month. I need a few more days to be sure, but I think I will lose 5 pounds in June. Since I'm not severely restricting calories (2100-2200 most days, once a week to eat whatever I want), I will take that.

The one major change I have made is to totally crank up the fresh fruit. Right now it's daily 1 banana for breakfast, 20 cherries late afternoon, and 2 peaches after dinner, with the peaches from the massive state farmers market.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
shakes wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
shakes wrote:

I'm doing daily because I need to manage fluid retention as they wean me off of lasix, but I have learned to just take the average of the whole week as a single data point.

I seem to be off of whatever plateau I was on the last month. I need a few more days to be sure, but I think I will lose 5 pounds in June. Since I'm not severely restricting calories (2100-2200 most days, once a week to eat whatever I want), I will take that.

The one major change I have made is to totally crank up the fresh fruit. Right now it's daily 1 banana for breakfast, 20 cherries late afternoon, and 2 peaches after dinner, with the peaches from the massive state farmers market.

Nice work Chet. Any swinging of the golf clubs?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:51 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nice work Chet. Any swinging of the golf clubs?

Only in my garage and the driving range. I was home all week this week and it has rained for the last five days. It is something crazy like 11 straight weekdays where I didn't have any appointments and it rained.

I am not insane enough to play on weekends around here for my first round in 18+ months. I'm hoping to play somewhere quiet along I-95 on Monday if this fucking rain would let up, there is a nice course on the north edge of Rocky Mount which is generally wide open after 10:30 Mon-Wed all summer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next