It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: 2023 PGA Tour Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Sentry TOC in Hawaii. Generally don't pay much attention to the Hawaii swing. Some low scoring happening out there during the first round. Anyone have any predictions this year on the Majors?

Post subject: Re: 2023 PGA Tour Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Sentry TOC in Hawaii. Generally don't pay much attention to the Hawaii swing. Some low scoring happening out there during the first round. Anyone have any predictions this year on the Majors?

Really good field this year with it being an "elevated" event. Rory gets back on the board with a major this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Really good field this year with it being an "elevated" event. Rory gets back on the board with a major this year.

Rahm too!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Xander WD; has a “back”,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:54 am 

I didn't watch any of it this weekend but looks like Morikawa really choked big time. Happy for Rahm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:56 am 

He really did. Chunked a 39 yard chip shot.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1612 ... Ti6d8sAAAA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Also three putted from 20-25', missed like three or four others from 8'-10'

Golf is hard.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:19 pm 

Franky T wrote:
He really did. Chunked a 39 yard chip shot.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1612 ... Ti6d8sAAAA

Opened up a can of Hormel Chili!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:21 am 

LIV Golf close to a deal with the CW. I wonder if Green Arrow and the Flash will host the studio show?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:38 am 

Franky T wrote:
LIV Golf close to a deal with the CW. I wonder if Green Arrow and the Flash will host the studio show?

:lol: I find this all quite funny. What will be interesting is if the LIV will have to pay CW to cover their events. My guess is yes at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:13 pm 

This pretty much answers my question on the payment structure...

A source told SI that the initial deal would be a revenue-sharing arrangement—without a rights fee being paid. But for LIV Golf, that is a better outcome than the various reports that it could pay Fox Sports to have its broadcasts on FS1 or FS2.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:34 am 

I'd like to watch some golf this weekend but don't have ESPN+ or Golf Channel so guess I'm out of luck. Last year was frustrating only being able to watch the biggest events but that is what is shaping up to be again this year. Oh well. Big football weekend anyway, pretty sure after football it will start showing up on the major networks more often.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:40 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I'd like to watch some golf this weekend but don't have ESPN+ or Golf Channel so guess I'm out of luck. Last year was frustrating only being able to watch the biggest events but that is what is shaping up to be again this year. Oh well. Big football weekend anyway, pretty sure after football it will start showing up on the major networks more often.

Yeah, after this is the Farmers, Pebble Beach, and Phoenix all on CBS.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Isn't Phoenix usually on NBC?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:40 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Isn't Phoenix usually on NBC?

NBC coverage starts with the Florida swing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:21 pm 

Two wins in his last two starts. Jon Rahm is playing lights out. I never knew his birth last name is Rodríguez.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:59 am 

Would have been a fun back nine to watch. The kid that was chasing him must be the real deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:55 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Would have been a fun back nine to watch. The kid that was chasing him must be the real deal.

Yes sir he is, great college player at Georgia and won on the Korn Ferry Tour last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:44 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yes sir he is, great college player at Georgia and won on the Korn Ferry Tour last year.

Will be fun to see a lot of young guys out there this year. They appear to show up fully seasoned and not afraid of anything. I was feeling bad that LIV grabbed some good young talent but the PGA Tour seems set for the long haul to grow with existing stars and this next wave of young guns.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

Had he pulled the pint on 17, his putt likely drops. Worst thing about Covid golf for me was having to leave the pin in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:31 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Had he pulled the pint on 17, his putt likely drops. Worst thing about Covid golf for me was having to leave the pin in.

My group leaves the pin in all of the time. I would say the pin knocking the ball out happens to me 2-3 times a season but in my experience the pin ends up helping more than hurting over the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 am 

We were discussing when more mainstream coverage was coming and just saw this....

CBS Sports begins its 66th consecutive season covering the PGA Tour with only its fifth lead analyst in Trevor Immelman and one of its busiest years, with 11 of the 17 “elevated” events with the biggest names.

It starts in prime time on Saturday night from Torrey Pines, an early finish to avoid the NFL conference championship games. Jim Nantz will call the action from Kansas City, Missouri, where CBS is televising the AFC title game.

And for the first time, CBS will have the entire FedEx Cup playoffs as part of an alternating schedule with NBC. CBS, which for years has carried the most tournaments, this year will have 23.

“It feels a little different, like having more light shining on it,” Nantz said. “Twenty-three in ’23. We’ve never had the full playoffs. You take our two majors (Masters and PGA Championship) and 11 of our 23 events are going to have magnificent fields. I think it’s going to be a blast.”

That means 12 of the 23 will have the best of the rest, though Torrey Pines has Jon Rahm in his pursuit of a third straight win, plus Justin Thomas and Collin Morikawa in his first start since losing a six-shot lead at Kapalua.

Sellers Shy, the lead golf producer for CBS Sports, points to the Wyndham Championship.

“We’re bullish on this opportunity,” Shy said. “One of the big storylines that came out of last year was Tom Kim, who surfaced at the Wyndham Championship. We’re also fortunate enough that designated events are spread through the year. We’re seeing some players at standard events have a chance to showcase themselves.”

Immelman takes over for Nick Faldo, who retired. The 2008 Masters champion got started last year. This will be his first full season and it makes him the youngest lead analyst in CBS history at age 43.

“I think he and Jim are going to be contemporary, animated and have opinions,” said Sean McManus, chairman of CBS Sports.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:26 pm 

Sellers Shy and I battled in junior golf back in the day, he seems to have done well for himself. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:57 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Sellers Shy and I battled in junior golf back in the day, he seems to have done well for himself. :lol:

:lol: That's awesome. I played in a few tournaments against Mark Wilson who won 5x on the PGA Tour and now does PGA Tour Radio. Also played in the same tournaments as Ryan Helminen who was a very successful club pro, playing in a handful of PGA Championships and he's in the Wisconsin Golf Hall of Fame. If anyone else made it over the years I don't remember the names.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:51 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

:lol: That's awesome. I played in a few tournaments against Mark Wilson who won 5x on the PGA Tour and now does PGA Tour Radio. Also played in the same tournaments as Ryan Helminen who was a very successful club pro, playing in a handful of PGA Championships and he's in the Wisconsin Golf Hall of Fame. If anyone else made it over the years I don't remember the names.

I played in a tournament with D.A. Points way back in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:06 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I will have to look up who all I have played in tournaments with, I traveled a lot of the southeast in high school, so there quite a few. Cink and Duval to start with.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:26 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Points is the same age as me but never played against him or made it to state where I surely would have seen him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:27 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I will have to look up who all I have played in tournaments with, I traveled a lot of the southeast in high school, so there quite a few. Cink and Duval to start with.

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:01 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

No shit! Big time Hawger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:38 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

No shit! Big time Hawger.

Yeah, I have a lot of great memories and a father that loved to keep scorecards and memorabilia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next