It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Biking.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

I also ride throughout the winter. Do you have any good recommendations for gloves?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
C Howitt Wheelz

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
I also ride throughout the winter. Do you have any good recommendations for gloves?

I'm looking for a good pair myself. I did just buy a pair of Lake riding boots. Expensive but worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I dumped my bike this morning for the first time since last winter. I was heading north on the Channel Trail and I got to the intersection at Golf and McCormick. I was going about 15 mph. It was still dark out so I had my lights on. I have a bad habit of looking down at the front tire when I have a good cadence going. I had a fresh green light and nobody was coming to make a right turn so I was just sailing along. I looked up and saw a woman I see nearly every morning in the crosswalk. We did that thing where neither of us was sure which way the other was going to go, so I had to grab hard. It was really slick and the pavement there is brand new which didn't help. I lost the back end and went down. My front light and rear fender went flying. I'm gonna be sore for awhile.

Did the woman end up bringing you to her apartment so she could tend to your injuries? Did you end up banging her?

This yarn is remarkably short on details for a JORR production.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I dumped my bike this morning for the first time since last winter. I was heading north on the Channel Trail and I got to the intersection at Golf and McCormick. I was going about 15 mph. It was still dark out so I had my lights on. I have a bad habit of looking down at the front tire when I have a good cadence going. I had a fresh green light and nobody was coming to make a right turn so I was just sailing along. I looked up and saw a woman I see nearly every morning in the crosswalk. We did that thing where neither of us was sure which way the other was going to go, so I had to grab hard. It was really slick and the pavement there is brand new which didn't help. I lost the back end and went down. My front light and rear fender went flying. I'm gonna be sore for awhile.

Did the woman end up bringing you to her apartment so she could tend to your injuries? Did you end up banging her?

No, but the other day i was pushing my cart in the Jewel parking lot near Old Orchard and a very good looking older Latina walked up to me and asked, "Has anyone told you they loved you today? Has anyone told you they adored you today?" Now, I know I'm looking pretty hardbodied after all the biking, but this is not a common occurrence. I was wondering if I would be faced with a decision to cheat on my wife. But then she handed me a card with a URL for an online church.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:09 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No, but the other day i was pushing my cart in the Jewel parking lot near Old Orchard and a very good looking older Latina walked up to me and asked, "Has anyone told you they loved you today? Has anyone told you they adored you today?" Now, I know I'm looking pretty hardbodied after all the biking, but this is not a common occurrence. I was wondering if I would be faced with a decision to cheat on my wife. But then she handed me a card with a URL for an online church.

At the beginning of the year an Asian woman hit me with the same lines at my local Jewels. It weirded me out until she started talking about her church.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Penthouse Forum has really fallen off the deep end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:36 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: Great story.

Although I hope you would not have had to think long about that decision. From what you have told us on here your wife sounds like a keeper

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Really digging the Peloton. It's kicking my ass pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Just received these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G1BMJX6/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Gloves themselves are warm, with heater on quite nice...battery is fairly large too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
Just received these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G1BMJX6/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Gloves themselves are warm, with heater on quite nice...battery is fairly large too.

Nice. Mine were soaked this morning. These are the days that separate the men from the boys. Sixteen miles in the freezing rain:

I even had my Instagram Girlfriend take a photo for you guys:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Fuck you, Newt!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 am 
Site Admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ahFDJe87IU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I’m definitely a boy. Can’t ride at all when it’s windy or cold.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 am 
Site Admin

The Lamb lies down on Lincoln!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Bob Hasty and Newt Cole nowhere to be found.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Furious Styles wrote:
Bob Hasty and Newt Cole nowhere to be found.

Probably too cold for them. Likely on Pelotons.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i read where 75 bikes were given away to kids at union park. nice.

i'm still looking for my 1973 purple schwinn sting-ray that got stolen out of my back yard on west iowa street in 1974.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:46 am 
Site Admin

There's nothing like riding on Sheridan Road on a weekend to take me to the second stage of the Dunning-Kruger Effect. On my regular route I almost never get passed and I'm usually the faster than anyone I run into so it's easy to overestimate my ability. Riding on Sheridan is like going from A-ball to the big leagues.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:58 am 

Really beautiful out there this morning.

Broke in a cheap pair of thin Head gloves from Costco. They'll be plenty warm. Finally put cleats in an old pair of Lake boots, they're not all winter Frankenstein boots, but they'll suffice. First ride with them I tipped over going up a hill and couldn't unclip. Need a little adjustment.

Fuck that road riding though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
...the Dunning-Kruger Effect...

Google wrote:
Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence

:lol: :lol: Pretty much describes humanity. Or at least this bored.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
GoldenJet wrote:
Really beautiful out there this morning.

Broke in a cheap pair of thin Head gloves from Costco.

I have a bunch of Head branded running shorts and the like that my wife picked up at TJ Maxx....I like their stuff.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Quote:
Translated from Spanish by Google
Today on the island of El Hierro, a woman meets the cyclist who was leading. The cyclist continues to be admitted with loss of consciousness.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:14 pm 

Could have all been avoided if the rider would have called out "On your left!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

I got into it with a bus driver this morning. I had already had two douchebags honk at me today and last week a complete shithead nearly right hooked me at the North Shore Channel Trail and Simpson, so my nerves were kind of frayed at this point.

I was heading west down Lunt and the bus came up behind me. I can almost always outride the bus with the stops it has to make. But this guy was coming behind me fast and as he got up behind me he started leaning on his horn. I went completely nuts and started motherfucking him- "DON'T HONK AT ME, YOU DIRTY MOTHERFUCKER!!! FUCK YOU!!!" He actually stopped next to me and opened the door to yell back at me. I totally lost it then and kept on MOTHERFUCKIN'.

I rode hard to get away from him but he came up behind me again as I was stopped at the light at California and he was turning right. I heard him yelling at me some more so I turned around and went right back at him. I was close to setting the bike down and walking over. But then he yelled, "I WAS JUST LETTING YOU KNOW I WAS THERE! I WAS JUST LETTING YOU KNOW I WAS THERE!" I said, "REALLY? YOU'RE DRIVING A 20 TON CITY BUS. OF COURSE I KNEW YOU WERE THERE." But he kept yelling, "I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO HIT YOU!" I finally said, "Okay."

I felt kind of bad for a minute, but come on. I know you're behind me. No need to lay on the horn. It's difficult enough out here without motherfuckers venting their frustration through their horns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:04 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:05 pm 

JORR Bevington

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:35 pm 

Raged at a Dbag(not our Dbag) today. Light turned green as I approached a large intersection, I slowed to make sure nobody was signaling to turn right and was about to enter the cross walk...through the corner of my eye I see a white Escalade coming from behind me and start to turn right in front of me...no signal, slow, so I had to lock up both brakes and nearly fall over before unclipping. He gives me a nonchalant bird as his wife in the passenger seat cringes. No doubt he heard me "motherfucking" him. Said to myself fuck it and turned to chase him down...but he disappeared. It's not like the city where you would have a chance of overtaking someone.

A little courtesy with a turn signal is all I ask.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

GoldenJet wrote:
Raged at a Dbag(not our Dbag) today. Light turned green as I approached a large intersection, I slowed to make sure nobody was signaling to turn right and was about to enter the cross walk...through the corner of my eye I see a white Escalade coming from behind me and start to turn right in front of me...no signal, slow, so I had to lock up both brakes and nearly fall over before unclipping. He gives me a nonchalant bird as his wife in the passenger seat cringes. No doubt he heard me "motherfucking" him. Said to myself fuck it and turned to chase him down...but he disappeared. It's not like the city where you would have a chance of overtaking someone.

A little courtesy with a turn signal is all I ask.

Yeah, I agree. I just assume that every asshole is turning right even when they don't have a signal on. I'm not gonna get right hooked. That's the accident that results in death to cyclists the most. One time I was behind a guy with his left turn signal on but I just had a bad feeling. So I didn't go up inside of him. The motherfucker turned right. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next