It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I went with the Lance Briggs path in my committment. In two years I've gone from 210 to 235. Bad.

Goal: 220 by June 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'm in. I have ballooned up to 255. I would like to get into the 230s by March Madness.
I feel awful about myself. I am better than this. I used to be a pretty damn good athlete.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
I'm in. I have ballooned up to 255. I would like to get into the 230s by March Madness.
I feel awful about myself. I am better than this. I used to be a pretty damn good athlete.

Need to look good for the wedding! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
i just starting running again about two weeks ago. now we got the polar vortex coming....ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I've dropped a good 30-40lbs over the last 1.5 years or so. With that in mind it's time for SomeGuy to take his physique to the next level. Up the Romanian style deadlifts, add another 10 minutes onto my cardio routine and refine the diet a bit. Might add a brief yoga session or two on the weekends.

Have to be tip top for a vacation I'm taking the Summer, SomeGuy is solid, buy a little more sharpness is required.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:24 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Need to look good for the wedding! :D

Well I have time enough for that. I need to be ready for golf season! :? 8) Priorities!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
As long as my 32 inch waist pants require a belt to hold them up, I think I am ok. I have been able to keep the extra 35 pounds off for about three years now. But I haven't had a real soda, candy, french fries, and lots of other goodies in that time. Beer is sustaining me these days.

Edit: I am around 165 these days. Very happy as that is my high school weight.

Last edited by denisdman on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
In.
Ballooned to 239. :?

Goal is 220 by the first day of spring.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
denisdman wrote:
As long as my 32 inch waist pants require a belt to hold them up, I think I am ok. I have been able to keep the extra 35 pounds off for about three years now. But I haven't had a real soda, candy, french fries, and lots of other goodies in that time. Beer is sustaining me these days.

3 years? Barring some sort of craziness I think it's safe to say that weight is gone for good.

Cutting out soft drinks is huge, that's hundreds and hundreds of calories over the course of a day (if you have more than 1, of course) and then there is all the insulin madness that happens after you drink them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Gourmet Pizza by Carlo
I'm in! In 2011, I was really disciplined and dropped 110 lbs. Since then I've put it all back on and a little more. That needs to end now. I've always been good at losing once I put my mind to it, but I am just absolutely horrible at maintaining.

Official weigh in on Monday, and then I shall bore you all with weekly updates (positive or negative) to help keep myself accountable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:33 am 

Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
I'm in! In 2011, I was really disciplined and dropped 110 lbs. Since then I've put it all back on and a little more. That needs to end now. I've always been good at losing once I put my mind to it, but I am just absolutely horrible at maintaining.

Official weigh in on Monday, and then I shall bore you all with weekly updates (positive or negative) to help keep myself accountable.

Good luck Sneakers. I've been stuck between 245-255 for years now. I have to do something different.
I am realistic enough to know I won't be 200 high school weight but I should be able to get to 220 or
even a bit lighter and feel a hell of a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm in. It's happening!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I am down 32 pounds since August 1.
I'd like to do another 25 or so.
Losing the weight is like getting a new wardrobe because I can wear stuff that's been in the back of the closet for three years.
I find that starting on New Year's Day makes it close to impossible to achieve resolutions successfully, but that shouldn't stop anyone from trying. Just remember that if you fail, just try again right away. Don't wait for next New Year's to try it again.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I'm in- adopted the mantra "Fit by 50", which gives me 6 months. Achieved maximum density around 252, need to be 190 or less. I've been at this job since Sept 05, and was 190 then, gotta get to a point where I can button my pants with the shirt tucked in (less savage-looking that way)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:19 pm 

K Effective wrote:
I'm in- adopted the mantra "Fit by 50", which gives me 6 months. Achieved maximum density around 252, need to be 190 or less. I've been at this job since Sept 05, and was 190 then, gotta get to a point where I can button my pants with the shirt tucked in (less savage-looking that way)

:lol: :salut:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I dropped 70 lbs in 2013. While I've put some back on, I've maintained a healthy weight and continue running 4-5 days a week.

For 2015, I hope to continue to maintain a good running weight around 180 lbs.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm 

I've found it helpful to keep a weekly tabulation of my weight the past couple of years. If it gets into the jabba zone, I can make some quick alterations. I pretty much have stayed in the 210s the entire time. However, 2014 had a lower average weight than 2013, which is good. I'd like to keep that trend going. It's not any noticeable amount its good to not see a movement upwards over a long period of time.

I have also noticed regular peaks and troughs starting to form. January 1 until about March 1 is an upward trend. Lent is the biggest downward trend. I usually maintain the ending Lent weight through September from where I start to give back a little.

I was in really great shape for myself in the early fall 2014. I was jogging much faster with no stopping except for pushups after every mile. I was not tired after running.

I'm not there anymore and it sucks to try to get back into running shape in the cold. It's like breathing fire into the lungs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Nope.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
I was jogging much faster with no stopping except for pushups after every mile. .

you run a mile, then stop and do a set of push-ups ? that's impressive

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Haven't worked out at all since summer vacation last year. Just weighed in a tick over 200 which is really pushing it as I'm pretty small framed . Today was day 2 of Focus T25 workout , hope to drop 20 and be at my target of 180 by spring break. No more soda.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Haven't worked out since around my birthday (end of May 2014)....weight fluctuates between 205-220.

I was 213.4 this morning, would like to get to 195 and stay between that and 200. My problem has not been how much I eat, but that my eatinh habits are terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:38 pm 

Same story for me as last couple years. Start out good in the first part of the year, lose a bunch of weight and then gain most of it back in fall and end of the year.

This time around I did not gain all of the weight loss back, but too much.

Got to find a way to correct that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I had lost about 25 pounds since I went on the caveman diet in August 2013. I completely fell off the wagon during the holidays this year & gained back 10 pounds. Today Mrs. Scorehead & I re-committed to excellence, giving up all carbs, soda, sugar, bread, dairy & processed foods, & to hitting the gym at least every other day.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:43 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

3 years? Barring some sort of craziness I think it's safe to say that weight is gone for good.

Cutting out soft drinks is huge, that's hundreds and hundreds of calories over the course of a day (if you have more than 1, of course) and then there is all the insulin madness that happens after you drink them.

I checked myself Sunday morning as I have been drinking (my only remaining vice) more than normal. I was about four pounds over my new normal 165. I am extremely disciplined and should be back in that 162-165 range by the end of the week. Having two weeks off from work gave me lots of extra time to drink more than normal.

As a side note, the core exercises and foam rollers have made running much easier. I have had to hit the tread mill again since the weather is so bad, but going at an 8+ speed is easy now. I used to be so tense and sore that I would have to keep it below 8. I am thinking about trying for 9 this winter. Doing a 7 minute mile is pretty easy stuff for me thanks to the weight loss.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Despite keeping consistent exercise habits, I did go a little nuts on the beer and burgers in December. Detoxing for January to get weight down.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:11 pm 

Exercise will not overcome bad eating habits. I always exercised and was still 35 pounds overweight. You have to cut back on food portions and certain types of foods. Maybe if you exercised like a boxer in training, then you could eat a lot. Otherwise, exercise just tends to increase your appetite, and mentally, let's you think it is ok to consumer bad food.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
denisdman wrote:
Exercise will not overcome bad eating habits. I always exercised and was still 35 pounds overweight. You have to cut back on food portions and certain types of foods. Maybe if you exercised like a boxer in training, then you could eat a lot. Otherwise, exercise just tends to increase your appetite, and mentally, let's you think it is ok to consumer bad food.

denis says stop exercising immediately people

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
denisdman wrote:

Exactly. You must completely change eating habits and give up food that is bad for you. Completely. No "treating yourself" once in a while to a triple bacon cheeseburger. I know people who are on a diet & treat themselves at every meal. It doesn't work.
Years ago I lost 40 pounds on the Atkins diet & never exercised once. If you exercise daily but don't change your eating habits you wont lose weight. Obviously doing both is best.

Remember...stop eating all white foods.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
No cauliflower?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Nothing wrong with a cheat day once a week.

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next