It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've gone from 220 down to 188 since April.

First time I've been under 190 in a millennium...at least this one.

I feel like I'm 63 again.

What are you squatting these days?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
I lost about 200 lbs.

Edit: Seriously I'm down to 190 from about 215. I'll probably be down to about 180-185 by the end of September. Now if I can find a way not to put on 30 lbs from October to March I'll be in great shape. Unfortunately I've never been able to.

I just weighed in at 185 (all muscle) despite weekends filled with cigars and alcohol. Hopefully I can make it the next 5 months without putting on 30lbs like I do every year. I feel like this is the year that streak ends. Pray for me.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Matches Malone wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've gone from 220 down to 188 since April.

First time I've been under 190 in a millennium...at least this one.

I feel like I'm 63 again.

What are you squatting these days?

I think he is doing pork these days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 pm 

Took a little more then a year, but finally lost 100. 15 more to go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

mike the tuba player wrote:

That's fucking impressive!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:41 pm 

That is awesome man.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:45 am 

nice. Have a celebratory bowl of cottage cheese on me!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:48 am 

I've lost almost 10 lbs the last couple months, without trying. Not sure how I did it.
Way to go, tapeworm!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 am 

spanky wrote:
I've lost almost 10 lbs the last couple months, without trying. Not sure how I did it.
Way to go, tapeworm!!

Did you shave your beard or get a haircut? :eye:

Edit: I would be very happy to lose 10 lbs. I am going to Florida in 2 weeks and have to try to lose 10 before then.
Nice work Spany

Last edited by T-Bone on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:56 am 

Wow, nice work. I have been taking my dog out jogging this week and that has been a little more motivation
for me. He hasn't quite figured out how to be right next to me but it is tiring his ass out at night and making
him less annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:00 am 

spanky wrote:
Way to go, tapeworm!!

I'll make sure no one is speaking ill of you at the funeral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Started a 30 day Isagenix cleanse today. never done one before, but after 23 years of dieting I'm ready for a quick fix. My wife's step brother did it and he lost 30 pounds in a month, albeit he is a lot bigger than me. I'm hoping to lose 20 and then I'll be good to go.

Today I had a weird powder drink, followed by a weird powdered shake that wasn't that good but wasn't that bad. For lunch a tiny low cal meal and then another shake for dinner. Also some pills I have to take. After a couple days like this I have a couple cleanse days where its 3 shakes and no meals.

For my last meal before the cleanse I went with a trip to Smoque for some brisket. Can't go wrong with that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:55 am 

day 4 of the cleanse and man does this suck. Last meal I ate was lunch on Tuesday. Next meal I eat will be lunch tomorrow. Been sick too so haven't been able to work out, but I have hockey a couple times this weekend. Gonna weigh myself monday and hoping for some good results or else gonna have to decide if this is really worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
won't work

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i haven't started a cleanse like shakes (that sounds rough) but i have cut out all fast food and sugary drinks over the last 2 weeks. i love me some coca cola and it was not easy to lose the cravings but i think i am actually starting to get used to it. i was a habitual fast food on-the-run eater, but i am packing healthy lunches and generally eating better. when i started running 2 years ago i was 6'3" 230 and have been at 195 for over a year. i don't really have a problem with that weight, i am just concerned about the quality of calories i consume and trying to feel my body better so i can improve my running. my 5k times are down in the 23 minute range and i would love to get in the 22's and beyond. i have a 10k this weekend that i want to break 50 minutes in and then my first half marathon the first weekend in November.

i look at the improved diet as the next piece of the puzzle. i feel a lot better since i started exercising physically and mentally and now i find myself wanting to go further with it. id love to be in the 185-190 range.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:16 am 

ok so no surprise this cleanse thing is not very fun. Haven't eaten a meal since lunch on Tuesday. But, I can definitely tell I've lost weight! This weekend will be huge cause I have hockey the next three nights so gonna get to see what adding exercise does to the equation. Big weigh in on monday at the 1 week mark. If I don't see at least an 8 pound loss I'm gonna be very disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:17 am 

and I'm so out of it I didn't even realize i posted pretty much the exact same thing yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 am 

I did a cleanse thing a couple years back. Great results in a short manner of time. But the weight all came back REAL quick.

No thanks on those anymore. I will just continue to plod along slowly with eating a set amount of calories and running 3-4 times a week. It takes longer to lose the weight but it stays off way better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
shakes wrote:
Started a 30 day Isagenix cleanse today. never done one before, but after 23 years of dieting I'm ready for a quick fix. My wife's step brother did it and he lost 30 pounds in a month, albeit he is a lot bigger than me. I'm hoping to lose 20 and then I'll be good to go.

Today I had a weird powder drink, followed by a weird powdered shake that wasn't that good but wasn't that bad. For lunch a tiny low cal meal and then another shake for dinner. Also some pills I have to take. After a couple days like this I have a couple cleanse days where its 3 shakes and no meals.

For my last meal before the cleanse I went with a trip to Smoque for some brisket. Can't go wrong with that.

About 15 years ago I went 5 days without a single bite of food. Not sure how I did it. I cant imagine how difficult it is to do what you are doing. We Americans eat way too much food. Eating 3 big meals each day really isn't good for you.

Mrs. Scorehead & I are going to The Capital Grill tonight! :lol:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
RFDC wrote:
I did a cleanse thing a couple years back. Great results in a short manner of time. But the weight all came back REAL quick.

No thanks on those anymore. I will just continue to plod along slowly with eating a set amount of calories and running 3-4 times a week. It takes longer to lose the weight but it stays off way better.

100% correct. Even reducing by 300 cal per day has an effect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
shakes wrote:

you really should read up on that stuff. I have relatives that sell Isagenix...I'm scared of them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:25 pm 

My company gave employess a FitBit.

I already have a Garmin GPS watch/heart rate monitor for runs/workouts but the FitBit is a neat little gizmo.

Seems pretty accurate when I compare the stats of the FitBit against my Garmin after a run.

The default goal on the FitBit is 10K steps a day. I've gotten over 10K the past two days but that adding my 7 and 4 mile runs. I have no idea how you'd attain 10K steps as a car commuting office worker without exercise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:35 pm 

From February '15 to October 15th I've decreased my weight from 243 to 212.

Unfortunately, my drop in weight is a combination of better diet, running and drop in muscle mass.

I used to lift 3-4 days a week but with the nice weather and summer vacation I didn't go to the gym often.

However, with colder weather approaching my runnning will decrease. I despise running in cold weather and hatie treadmill running even more.

I guess the seasons make it easy for me when planning my workouts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 am 

one week in and down 9 pounds. Got a little scared cause I saw a picture on facebook of the guy who did this before me and it looks like he put the weight back on a month later. I'm gonna get a hold of him today and hear what he has to say about the first month off the program. Maybe he fell right off he wagon and into a huge pie or something.

I read some reviews and the only negative I could find is that with such a dramatic drop in calorie intake its easy to put it all back on once you stop. So that makes me nervous. I might just do this for another week to try and get a 15 pound push and then just diet the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
one week in and down 9 pounds. Got a little scared cause I saw a picture on facebook of the guy who did this before me and it looks like he put the weight back on a month later. I'm gonna get a hold of him today and hear what he has to say about the first month off the program. Maybe he fell right off he wagon and into a huge pie or something.

I read some reviews and the only negative I could find is that with such a dramatic drop in calorie intake its easy to put it all back on once you stop. So that makes me nervous. I might just do this for another week to try and get a 15 pound push and then just diet the rest of the way.

Won't matter. Your metabolism has slowed down dramatically because your body has gone in survival mode.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I used to lift 3-4 days .

bro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:20 am 

Nas wrote:
shakes wrote:

Won't matter. Your metabolism has slowed down dramatically because your body has gone in survival mode.

yep, body went in survival mode last week and I didn't lose a single pound. But, I've been told that's a normal plateau with this program and I'm thinking (hoping) that I will break through this week and have a big drop. Still sticking with it and it feels and looks like I lost more weight, but the scale begs to differ. Hoping to add some more workouts to the schedule..last week I only had 2 hockey games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
I used to lift 3-4 days .

bro

I need you in there "clanging and banging" at least 5 days a week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:30 am 

Busted through the plateau last week and was down 13.5 pounds on Friday. I assume I'll plateau again for a couple weeks before having another big weight drop. Only a few more to go and I'll be seeing a number on the scale that starts with 1 for the first time in probably 6-7 years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:16 am 

Just signed up for the local Thanksgiving Day Turkey Run 10k. It has been a few years. I pounded out 3 miles this weekend at a relatively easy pace
but have a lot of work to do the next few weeks to get up to speed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next