It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:30 pm 

Chus has got the CSFMB Country Club by the balls!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
C'mon Chus. You got on Rick the other day for being obtuse and here you are doing the same thing.

That's a terrible use of a board meme. How am I being obtuse? I'm not the one who claims to shoot 20 strokes better when I golf without a CSFMBer.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You make it seem like I only post good scores in these threads. There have been been many times I've posted about upper 90s or triple digit rounds or bad 9s.

Honestly, I shake my head at some of the scores you post. I don't believe for a second that you have legitimately shot in the low 80's.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I talk about picking up an 18-24" putt, and you admit to gimme putts all the time. It's not always me picking up the ball, there are many times a buddy or my dad says "that's good" and hits the ball over to me.

A gimme putt is one foot or less. I putt two and three footers.

Are you sure you don't pick up four and six footers in the midst of a tough round? Maybe forget to count some penalty strokes?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You don't hit off of tree roots. Neither do it. I don't give myself a foot wedge just for a better/easier shot either. But, given that we play easier and shorter courses that's the pros, there are also times they are not in the best of conditon. If I hit a nice drive in the middle of the fairway and it ends up in a real beat up part of mud or something, ill move it back a few feet to hit off grass. That is widely different than ending up with a poor lie in the rough or bunker due to an errant shot.

Of course, if we are playing winter rules, I will move my ball out of the mud. When the weather is nice, and the course is in great shape, I play it where it lies.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have no shame in what I post here and if you think you'received better than me because of what I have said, I don't mind that.

That sounds like a guilty plea.

I just don't see why it's important to brag about scores you didn't shoot.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ok. You seem so sure of everything. I've posted many struggles in these threads. If you want to add 20 strokes to the numbers I post, go ahead. I don't care.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ok. You seem so sure of everything.

Are you telling me that you haven't on occasion picked up a four, six, or even seven foot putt, on a tough hole? Are you saying that you haven't jacked two drives OB, hit the third in the fairway, and hit that ball shooting two?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I've posted many struggles in these threads.

Everybody struggles. It's a tough game. I just watched Rory hit an awful flop shot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If you want to add 20 strokes to the numbers I post, go ahead.

I'm not going to add anything to your scores. I just don't think you are completely honest about your golf game, that's all. Nor do I think the shortcuts you take have anything to do with pace of play or enjoyment by the group. Your extremely defensive responses seem to confirm this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't care.

Definitely not.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't care. You already know everything anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't care. You already know everything anyway.

:lol:

Poor Frank. World's are colliding!

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Worlds?

Hardly. If you want to never use Rule #7 in the link shakes posted, that's cool with me. You have your way, I have mine. Let's just leave it at that.....if you're able to make this the last reply that is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Do you guys keep a handicap?

In my usual group we give putts 18" and in. Sometimes it stretches a little far for my liking, but certainly not past 3 footers, and that's usually when you're out of the hole for the money game, or if it won't matter for handicap purposes. We play all penalties as they should be played (OB, water, unplayable, etc.), but we don't hit off roots. No need to break a club or hurt yourself over a casual round of golf. We play winter rules in April and from October on as those scores don't count toward your handicap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Worlds? Hardly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If you want to never use Rule #7 in the link shakes posted, that's cool with me.

I lack common sense because I keep accurate scores? :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You have your way, I have mine.

Clearly. I just don't understand why it's that important to you, to shave strokes off. I want to break 90 this year, but I want to really do it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Let's just leave it at that.....

He's very talented. Just leave it at that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
if you're able to make this the last reply that is.

I'm still seeking answers to a few questions. Do you ever pick up putts longer than two feet? Do you ever blast two shots OB, and then play the third as if the first two didn't happen?

This isn't a court of law. There is no risk of being charged with perjury.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:14 pm 

Franky T wrote:

I am going to do so this year, although I don't really play enough for it to matter.

Franky T wrote:
In my usual group we give putts 18" and in. Sometimes it stretches a little far for my liking, but certainly not past 3 footers, and that's usually when you're out of the hole for the money game, or if it won't matter for handicap purposes.

My usual group consists of three guys who are much better than me. These guys break 80 regularly. They play for money, while I just play. I putt everything longer than one foot. I'm not good enough to assume that I will make a putt. If a 20 handicap takes 100 two foot putts, how many does he miss? 5? 10?

Franky T wrote:
We play all penalties as they should be played (OB, water, unplayable, etc.)

Of course. Golf is a game of good breaks and bad breaks. That's what makes it so beautiful, and so frustrating at the same time. For every drive that ends up in a divot in the fairway, there is a drive that goes screaming right, hits a tree branch, and ricochets back into the fairway. Sometimes, you get the member's bounce, and sometimes you don't.

I still don't understand how not taking penalty strokes speeds up the round, or adds to the enjoyment of the group.

Franky T wrote:
but we don't hit off roots. No need to break a club or hurt yourself over a casual round of golf.

Of course not. The TaylorMade truck isn't in the parking lot, ready to build another 7-iron for me.

Franky T wrote:
We play winter rules in April and from October on as those scores don't count toward your handicap.

Absolutely. It's tough playing a course in February, or a course that has already been aerated in the fall. Tough to putt on aerated greens.

A few years back, a good friend and I got into an argument (he started it, for the record :lol: ) over winter rules. It was early March, and the ponds were still frozen, and there was snow/ice in some of the bunkers. This was the first time out for all of us, so nobody was playing for money, except for closest to the pin on par threes. Anyway, we are playing a par four. My approach shot comes up short, and lands in a bunker, front left of the green. There was still ice under the lip of the bunker. I tried to hit my ball, but it was almost like it was in wet cement, so my club stopped when it hit the sand. I picked up my ball, dropped it in drier sand in the same bunker, farther from the hole, and finished up. My buddy made a huge deal about it after we holed out. We argued about it for the rest of the round, and didn't talk for six months, until I picked up the phone and called him.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Chus wrote:
My buddy made a huge deal about it after we holed out. We argued about it for the rest of the round, and didn't talk for six months, until I picked up the phone and called him.

That is fricking ridiculous. That's a guy taking it wayyyyy too seriously. You're a bigger man than I am, Chus. I would've put him on the pay no mind list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:29 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Chus wrote:
My buddy made a huge deal about it after we holed out. We argued about it for the rest of the round, and didn't talk for six months, until I picked up the phone and called him.

That is fricking ridiculous. That's a guy taking it wayyyyy too seriously. You're a bigger man than I am, Chus. I would've put him on the pay no mind list.

I have known him for thirty years. I'm not throwing away a life long friendship over something so stupid.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Franky T wrote:

In my usual group we give putts 18" and in. Sometimes it stretches a little far for my liking, but certainly not past 3 footers, and that's usually when you're out of the hole for the money game, or if it won't matter for handicap purposes. We play all penalties as they should be played (OB, water, unplayable, etc.), but we don't hit off roots. No need to break a club or hurt yourself over a casual round of golf. We play winter rules in April and from October on as those scores don't count toward your handicap.

I keep a handicap and do what you describe above.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:16 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

What was your handicap last year?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Last reply.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:05 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Last reply.

Someday, you will look back at this and thank me.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:07 am 

Poor Pinkus. Poor little Pinkus.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:10 am 

W_Z wrote:
Poor Pinkus. Poor little Pinkus.

I think Gendeson killed that dry cleaner, because I assessed him a penalty stroke.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:38 am 

This is a sad day for Frank. He should just take the drop, plus a one stroke penalty, and call it a day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:51 am 

Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

This feels like a trap :eye: My current handicap is a 4. I believe my stroke average last year was
Around a 78 or 79. I think I posted my stats in last years thread.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seriously. Carry as many clubs as you want. Treat all hazards as a lateral hazard, except for maybe a Par 3. If you hit a great drive in the fairway and the ball ends up in a divot or mud, roll it 2 feet and hit off the grass. Pick up 2' putts and move on.

These are all things that help keep the game fun and moving along.

What the hell happened to this thread? :lol:

Look, I'm not carrying more than 14 clubs. That's a hack move. I've always wanted to try a 52/58 wedge combo. The 58 is cool - it's the perfect mix of SW/LW. You adapt. That's what golf is all about.

Chus is making a lot of sense in this thread regarding the rules of golf and pace of play. Playing by the rules really has nothing to do with pace of play, provided you are playing ready golf. Those two morons shakes and I were paired up with in Elgin had no sense of pace, marking putts had nothing to do with it.

I dumped a golf partner a few years back because his liberal use of the rules and need to be top dog got the best of him. This guy was a weak putter, so of course gimmes were in play and drives OB were played as lateral hazards. Which, in his case, became routinely dropping the ball 250-275 down the hole (often in the fairway) with no consideration of how far the ball actually went before going OB. 2 foot gimmes became 4 and the guy was shaving 5-6 strokes a round, easy.

Take T-Bone for example. The guy hits driver off the tee less than 1/2 the time on par 4/5s. If he had no worry of stroke/distance on OB, he could bomb his driver and, worse case, drop 300-325 down the fairway.

Now, I enjoy playing with guys who play the rules. It make it more of a challenge and your score is your score. No bullshit.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:27 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seriously. Carry as many clubs as you want. Treat all hazards as a lateral hazard, except for maybe a Par 3. If you hit a great drive in the fairway and the ball ends up in a divot or mud, roll it 2 feet and hit off the grass. Pick up 2' putts and move on.

These are all things that help keep the game fun and moving along.

What the hell happened to this thread? :lol:

Look, I'm not carrying more than 14 clubs. That's a hack move. I've always wanted to try a 52/58 wedge combo. The 58 is cool - it's the perfect mix of SW/LW. You adapt. That's what golf is all about.

Chus is making a lot of sense in this thread regarding the rules of golf and pace of play. Playing by the rules really has nothing to do with pace of play, provided you are playing ready golf. Those two morons shakes and I were paired up with in Elgin had no sense of pace, marking putts had nothing to do with it.

I dumped a golf partner a few years back because his liberal use of the rules and need to be top dog got the best of him. This guy was a weak putter, so of course gimmes were in play and drives OB were played as lateral hazards. Which, in his case, became routinely dropping the ball 250-275 down the hole (often in the fairway) with no consideration of how far the ball actually went before going OB. 2 foot gimmes became 4 and the guy was shaving 5-6 strokes a round, easy.

Take T-Bone for example. The guy hits driver off the tee less than 1/2 the time on par 4/5s. If he had no worry of stroke/distance on OB, he could bomb his driver and, worse case, drop 300-325 down the fairway.

Now, I enjoy playing with guys who play the rules. It make it more of a challenge and your score is your score. No bullshit.

When in doubt you hit a provisional which takes little time. I think your wedge combo makes sens
Especially if you want to carry an extra wood or hybrid.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:51 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

This feels like a trap :eye: My current handicap is a 4. I believe my stroke average last year was
Around a 78 or 79. I think I posted my stats in last years thread.

Not a trap, just curious. You are the best golfer that I know. The first time I played with you, you double bogeyed 18 to shoot 73. Watching you golf is a thing. The sound at impact, is so much different than when I hit.

I hope we can set up another outing at your home course, just as long as Spanky isn't there. :eye:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Double bogey 18 for a 73?

Damn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:01 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Double bogey 18 for a 73?

Damn.

T-Bone is legit. I think he was -2 at the turn.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I bought a new Aldila NVS shaft w/ the Callaway I-Mix adapter on eBay for $45 shipped. My current driver has the same adapter type so I can swap out accordingly. Found a new head at Callaway Pre-Owned for $30 shipped, so I have a new backup driver for $75. The head is slightly draw based vs. my current neutral head and the shaft is 10g lighter to address my declining swing speed...in the coming years.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chus wrote:

Will.Not.Happen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:55 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Chus wrote:

Will.Not.Happen.

Suit yourself. Continue the charade.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:16 pm 

After Rory hit, somebody in the gallery yelled, "Atta boy, Tiger". :lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Whatever you say, Champ. I've said me peace and you said yours. Maybe try and have the be the one time you let somethibg lie on the CSFMB. You don't need to get in the last word all the time. I'll walk away from the discussion, but I do not believe you will be able to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next