It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
We've done this almost as many times as we've done the Favorite TV/Movie characters thread. Baseball, golf, bowling...all sports.

i've never understood the argument, really. "that isn't a sport!" ok, can you go back to your padded room now? it's covered as a sport whether you like it or not. you're not some genius like you discovered a new planet in the universe. good for you, you don't think golf is a sport. millions of others do. let it go.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sergio once again being Sergio on a Sunday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
We've done this almost as many times as we've done the Favorite TV/Movie characters thread. Baseball, golf, bowling...all sports.

i've never understood the argument, really. "that isn't a sport!" ok, can you go back to your padded room now? it's covered as a sport whether you like it or not. you're not some genius like you discovered a new planet in the universe. good for you, you don't think golf is a sport. millions of others do. let it go.

It's a cheap, fun way to rile people up like Frank. You're overthinking it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's a cheap, fun way to rile people up like Frank. You're overthinking it.

Franklin only gets riled up about the Cub.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Frank Coztansa wrote:
How did it go, Franky? Any snow or mud to contend with?

I thought about giving 9 holes a go today, but it's just too damn windy.

It was fine really. A couple wet spots in low lying areas and in the bunkers, but it was easy to work around that. We played winter rules so getting a good lie wasn't an issue. Putting was a little tough because the greens were bumpy. Hit the ball well. Shot an 84 with a fair amount of three putts. Felt good to get out and play.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I knew he'd hit that putt on 18 for birdie cause there was no real shot of winning any more. You look up pressure induced choke artist in the dictionary and it should be his photo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I knew he'd hit that putt on 18 for birdie cause there was no real shot of winning any more. You look up pressure induced choke artist in the dictionary and it should be his photo.

It started with his first shot. He hit an iron into the rough. I don't think he hit an approach shot within 15' until hole #18, and that was after a brutal second shot.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:41 pm 

Went to the doc, no surgery for now. 6 weeks of PT and then maybe a cortisone shot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
shakes wrote:
Went to the doc, no surgery for now. 6 weeks of PT and then maybe a cortisone shot.

:thumleft:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:54 am 

shakes wrote:

Good to hear, hope it works out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Joynt, Milan IL
Two rounds in with greens that have holes cut so far. Local muni has winter greens and I've hit balls there about 4 times.

On the two rounds I have putted, shot 75 and 76, par 70. New irons are really working out great, the T-MB's are incredibly easy to hit and with the AMT shafts, I'm getting a nice high, piercing flight. New driver is a bit fade biased which is fine. Hate the hook miss. I've had a double bogey each round but I've also made 5 birdies in the two rounds.

Playing a different course in Bettendorf, IA, tomorrow morning and Saturday morning. My home course is scheduled to open Tuesday of next week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:45 am 

QuadCityDope wrote:
Two rounds in with greens that have holes cut so far. Local muni has winter greens and I've hit balls there about 4 times.

On the two rounds I have putted, shot 75 and 76, par 70. New irons are really working out great, the T-MB's are incredibly easy to hit and with the AMT shafts, I'm getting a nice high, piercing flight. New driver is a bit fade biased which is fine. Hate the hook miss. I've had a double bogey each round but I've also made 5 birdies in the two rounds.

Playing a different course in Bettendorf, IA, tomorrow morning and Saturday morning. My home course is scheduled to open Tuesday of next week.

damn, we may have found someone who can challenge Tbone for the CSFMB Green Jacket.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:22 am 

shakes wrote:
QuadCityDope wrote:

damn, we may have found someone who can challenge Tbone for the CSFMB Green Jacket.

To be fair, the course isn't exactly difficult.

I finished last season with a handicap of 0.2.

I'd love to join the board regulars for a round sometime, I'm off every other Friday and I usually travel to play those days. Have never played any Chicago land courses, farthest east in the state of Illinois is probably Geneseo. Have played a lot in South Bend and surrounding areas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:11 pm 

QuadCityDope wrote:

To be fair, the course isn't exactly difficult.

I finished last season with a handicap of 0.2.

I'd love to join the board regulars for a round sometime, I'm off every other Friday and I usually travel to play those days. Have never played any Chicago land courses, farthest east in the state of Illinois is probably Geneseo. Have played a lot in South Bend and surrounding areas.

yea I'd say 0.2 puts you at the top of the list here. Think Tbone is around a 4 or 5.

You ever play South Bend CC? My buddy is a member and I've played it a handful of times, great fun course.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:58 pm 

shakes wrote:

yea I'd say 0.2 puts you at the top of the list here. Think Tbone is around a 4 or 5.

You ever play South Bend CC? My buddy is a member and I've played it a handful of times, great fun course.

I have not, had an opportunity to play it in the rain, passed. I travel to Elkhart for work a few times a year, generally play the Warren at Notre Dame the first day and then Blackthorn headed out of town. The two layouts are so different, almost feel like you are in different states with Warren a linksy type and Blackthorn which feels like you're in the Carolina's or Alabama.

There's also a muni in Mishawaka, Juday Creek I've started to play basically because it's cheap and never busy. Can get around there in 2.5 hours usually.

Small greens at South Bend CC? I heard it was an older style course.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 pm 

QuadCityDope wrote:

Nice start. I was planning on playing at least twice this weekend but on the DL until further notice.
Might rain this weekend anyway

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:26 pm 

With the weather looking less than ideal this weekend I got out after work today. I
Had to scratch the golf itch. It was wet and windy but I was able to walk the only nine
Open on the course twice. Only playing about 6100 yards. Shot 42-36. Was 0-5 getting up and down on the front but went 4-4 on the back. Hit the par 5 ninth in two both rounds and had exact same putt for eagle twice....which I three jacked both times. Got around in a comfortable 3 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:45 am 

QuadCityDope wrote:
shakes wrote:

I have not, had an opportunity to play it in the rain, passed. I travel to Elkhart for work a few times a year, generally play the Warren at Notre Dame the first day and then Blackthorn headed out of town. The two layouts are so different, almost feel like you are in different states with Warren a linksy type and Blackthorn which feels like you're in the Carolina's or Alabama.

There's also a muni in Mishawaka, Juday Creek I've started to play basically because it's cheap and never busy. Can get around there in 2.5 hours usually.

Small greens at South Bend CC? I heard it was an older style course.

Sorry, just saw this....

There's definitely some tiny greens at SBCC. I think the first 2 holes combined are about the size of a normal green. Its a great old style parkland course. Tons of variety, fun shots on every hole. Lots of balanced challenge...you might find a really short par 4 with an easy first shot only to have a 2nd shot to a tiny perched green with trouble on all sides. Also some great risk reward par 5s for the longer hitters.

Best word to describe SBCC is "fun".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I'm planning to get out Sunday. Going to put the 52/58 wedge combo into play. One last round before I have my lie angles bent upright. Going to wait until i can hit the Srixon Z355 and Mizuno 850 irons outdoors before deciding.

Busted out the new Sun Mountain stand bag. I always like having a new bag and new grips to start the season.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...

Hit one of these a while back and loved it. Pulled the trigger on a 3, 4 and 5 in great shape with hc's off of ebay. Can't wait to get out and hit them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:22 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
I'm planning to get out Sunday. Going to put the 52/58 wedge combo into play. One last round before I have my lie angles bent upright. Going to wait until i can hit the Srixon Z355 and Mizuno 850 irons outdoors before deciding.

Busted out the new Sun Mountain stand bag. I always like having a new bag and new grips to start the season.

Nice! I feel the same way about grips and I happened to get a new bag as well. I might
Actually have too much room with the Titleist cart bag. Will be nice to pack extra jacket
Or rain suit but it's almost like having carry luggage out there. Interested to hear how it goes
For you. I might do Sunday is the sun is out and wind light

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Peoria Matt wrote:

Hit one of these a while back and loved it. Pulled the trigger on a 3, 4 and 5 in great shape with hc's off of ebay. Can't wait to get out and hit them.

Let me know how they play. Thought about some this winter but pulled back on buy. Just do not get out enough to warrant the money I am on call like 24/7 so I have no idea how much or when I can play this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm 

Got out after work again. Shot 75 on the same short course I played last week. Putting and chipping were poor. I think I've actually been benefitting from not getting any roll. Not hitting many fairways but not rolling into trouble either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Scooter wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Let me know how they play. Thought about some this winter but pulled back on buy. Just do not get out enough to warrant the money I am on call like 24/7 so I have no idea how much or when I can play this year.

I got these for 70 bucks including shipping which I thought was a great deal. I have my old 3, 4 and 5 that I would sell you. 3 and 4 are Tour Edge and the 5 is a Wilson Staff. All are in great shape and have headcovers. Let me know if you are ever in Peoria.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:04 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I got these for 70 bucks including shipping which I thought was a great deal. I have my old 3, 4 and 5 that I would sell you. 3 and 4 are Tour Edge and the 5 is a Wilson Staff. All are in great shape and have headcovers. Let me know if you are ever in Peoria.

I've got the 3 CFT Ti Hogan hybrid I'd sell for $30 if anyone wants it. Bought it 4 seasons ago for one shot on a par 3 at the course I was a member at that year. Might have hit it 25 times tops. Has the Crossfire steel shaft in it but it has a gold look to it, stiff.

Last three rounds were an even par 72 with a double bogey on the first hole at Palmer Hills and a 73 and 78 @ my home course, Highland Springs, par 72. Sunday's 78 was in brutal conditions, very windy and cold.

Anyone using the app The Grint? Similar to Golf Logix, a buddy of mine turned me onto it, might be a little better than Golf Logix in terms of score and stats. Plus, you can keep track of gambling games more easily.

Probably playing 36 Sunday, family is leaving after mass for Gulf Shores, I've got business in Montreal on Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:32 pm 

Went to the range at lunch. A little chilly, but for only 25 balls it was fine. And the good news, my shoulder was a lot better than I thought. Some discomfort, but no real pain. I think it helps a lot that I basically only have half a swing as it is. Also, hit the ball really well which is always a nice bonus for first time out since September.

Now that I know I can play its time to get fired up about golf! Time to go out and find myself that driving hybrid to replace the driver that I've been talking about all winter.

So Chus, Furious...second annual Weed Open is a go!

Tbone, Hawg...same goes for a meetup in Wisconsin. Would love to get you guys up to Green Lake and Lawsonia this summer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
QuadCityDope wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I've got the 3 CFT Ti Hogan hybrid I'd sell for $30 if anyone wants it. Bought it 4 seasons ago for one shot on a par 3 at the course I was a member at that year. Might have hit it 25 times tops. Has the Crossfire steel shaft in it but it has a gold look to it, stiff.

Last three rounds were an even par 72 with a double bogey on the first hole at Palmer Hills and a 73 and 78 @ my home course, Highland Springs, par 72. Sunday's 78 was in brutal conditions, very windy and cold.

Anyone using the app The Grint? Similar to Golf Logix, a buddy of mine turned me onto it, might be a little better than Golf Logix in terms of score and stats. Plus, you can keep track of gambling games more easily.

Probably playing 36 Sunday, family is leaving after mass for Gulf Shores, I've got business in Montreal on Monday.

I'll buy it off ya.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:38 pm 

Walked 18 in three hours after work. Got paired up with a couple of college players who were nice guys. They finally cut the greens which was nice. Haven't been able to dial in the new irons. Flew a bunch of greens and came up short on others.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:21 pm 

Got out for 9 after work. I really wanted to play 18 but I got behind a group of four college players that wouldn't let me play through starting at hole 6. There was no one ahead of them for three holes. I hate it when that happens! Hit the ball much better with seven greens and carded a 37.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:29 am 

Tried to make a tee time at Whistling Straits for my dad and I this week and unless you are staying at The American Club you can only do it 2 weeks in advance. Confident we can get something in mid June and knock another one off the bucket list for my dad. I played it about a dozen years ago but want my revenge on it after playing on a rainy windy day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next