It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Worked out my stats at the half point of this season after 30 eighteen hole rounds logged in. Putting them up against my end of year stats from
last year. I'll color this years numbers so far in Blue:

Average score based on 36 scores I submitted to handicap system was 78.4 77.9

Stats below are for the 46 times I kept my own score. 30 rounds

I hit 43.36% of fairways ( need closer to 55% ) 41.3%
I hit 51.03% of greens ( need closer to 60% or better ) 51.6%
I averaged 32.04 putts a round ( need closer to 30 ) 32
My scramble percentage was 47.88% ( tough to calculate what qualified, usually anything within 25 yaqrds of green ) 52.4%
Sand save percentage was 32% ( need closer to 50% ) 30%

I really thought I was playing more solid than half a stroke better this year but there is still a little time I guess. Still hoping to get in another 25-30 rounds
this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Based on my last 20 rounds.....

Fairways = 53%
GIR = 38%
Putts = 36
scoring average = 87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:47 am 

Drove by Merit Club on my way to Stonewall Orchard last weekend and saw they had a bunch of bleachers and stuff set up for a big event.
I haven't seen any advertising or anything for this. I am not really into women's golf much but it might be fun to go with the wife. I worked
out at Merit Club as a caddy for a couple of years so it would be enjoyable to walk the course again. Just thought I would pass it along. Some of
the worlds best will be there.

http://www.ulcrown.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
My golf game seemed to return to normal today after not touching a club all week. I shot an 80 today playing in the second round of my club's better ball of pairs match play event. I had a pair of disappointing doubles on the back, but otherwise played fairly well. My partner and I won 1-up despite one of our opponents firing a 69. The CDGA handicapping system really seems to accurately level the playing field for matches. We were 3-up though 11, they won 12 and 15, then I knocked in an 8' putt on 16 for par (net birdie) to get us dormie. Lost 17 but halved 18 for the win!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:00 am 

Had a bit of an up and down weekend. Played Shepherds Crook from the tips and seemed like my timing was a bit off. I struggled to a 42 on
the front with two doubles. Got it going on the back and was -1 hitting a 120 yard approach in on #17 and shanked it straight right into the
woods. :lol: I managed to hack it out in front of the green and get up and down for bogey. Piped a drive on #18 and was next to the green
in two. Had to pitch up about a 15 ft hill to get on the green off a tight lie and chili dipped it. Anyway finished the back with a 37 and a total
of 79.

Yesterday I played in a friendly game with a guy from work and a couple members out at the complex I usually play at. We play for a little
money which makes it interesting. Anyway we played from the up tees (6100 yds) to make things more interesting. Was hitting the ball
pretty solid on the front, in fact hit 8 greens on the front and missed a 3 ft putt and had a 3 putt green but finished with a -1 for the first nine.
Turned it up a notch on the back and drained a very difficult 4 foot putt on #18 for a 33 on the back and a 68 total. The guy I was playing
with looked at me and said, " that was a 68? didn't seem like it". I'd have to agree with him, other than one long putt it was pretty unexciting.
Even though we played the course short like that, it was still a good exercise in keeping the emotions in check and hitting the ball with some pressure
on. Felt good to not fall flat on my face like usual.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
"Struggled for a 42"
"Drain a 4' putt on 18, didn't look like a 68"

TBone McIlroy :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Put up a 111 at Crane Creek in Kilbourne.

I'm pretty sure no one here is going to make the drive to play this course, but if you are, cancel.

Apparently, this used to be a hidden gem. The course condition is horrible. Crabgrass everywhere....dead spots on numerous greens....tees were bad. 2 of the foursome played there about 5 years ago and could not believe it. It's too bad because it's a cool layout with lots of old trees. It could really be a great course.

Thankfully, 22 bucks for greens fees.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:11 am 

Typical golf weekend for me. Played with Furious Saturday at Highlands of Elgin and shot a season worst 96. Decided to quit golf after that. Wife wanted to play yesterday so came out of retirement to shoot an 81 at Deerfield. Now looking forward to playing again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Typical golf weekend for me. Played with Furious Saturday at Highlands of Elgin and shot a season worst 96. Decided to quit golf after that. Wife wanted to play yesterday so came out of retirement to shoot an 81 at Deerfield. Now looking forward to playing again.

I'm sure Furious has that effect on a lot of people.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Not really. Furious doesn't partake in "throw golf"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Customer Appreciation Day at Shepherd's Crook on 7/29. $29 including cart. Must pay at time of booking.

I'm down.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Zion??? that is a bit too far for a work day.

I am booked to play Midlothian Country Club on Aug. 8th. Have to get out there and play a few rounds before going there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 pm 

Donspiracy is a raging anti-Zionist!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
My dream of becoming the singles match play champion of my club came to an end today losing 3 and 2. Made the turn 2 down thanks to two lip-outs. I thought both putts were in. Stayed that way until I made a bad double on 15 and we were dormie. 16 is a good par three over the river that was playing 172. He barely cleared the water short of a bunker and was short sided. I hit a good shot to the middle of the green and made my par. He chipped his to about 15' and made the put to halve the hole and win the match. I didn't play particularly well but was pleased that I hung in there. He shot a 78 to my 82 and I was getting 2 strokes. Match play is a fun format.

I am still alive in the better ball of pairs match play. Maybe I can be like Venus Williams at Wimbledon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:06 am 

Franky T wrote:
My dream of becoming the singles match play champion of my club came to an end today losing 3 and 2. Made the turn 2 down thanks to two lip-outs. I thought both putts were in. Stayed that way until I made a bad double on 15 and we were dormie. 16 is a good par three over the river that was playing 172. He barely cleared the water short of a bunker and was short sided. I hit a good shot to the middle of the green and made my par. He chipped his to about 15' and made the put to halve the hole and win the match. I didn't play particularly well but was pleased that I hung in there. He shot a 78 to my 82 and I was getting 2 strokes. Match play is a fun format.

I am still alive in the better ball of pairs match play. Maybe I can be like Venus Williams at Wimbledon.

Good stuff. Best of luck in pairs. Our county open is this week/ weekend and I'm not playing. My in laws are in town and we have friends up on Saturday. Probably for the best based on my tournament play the last few years!

Took my wife to play for the first time in two years and her 2nd time ever. Played a nice par 3 in Waukegan. She shot a 43 and parred a hole. She is starting to get the bug a bit. Need to get her a few real lessons. I am little help and she told me I am a horrible teacher! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

105 yesterday. This season sucks for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Frank Coztansa wrote:
105 yesterday. This season sucks for me.

99 for myself today at a course I usually play 87 or under. My drives are very poor. Having issues on the green as well but being on call all the time I cannot play enough to sharpen skills. Vacation days have not been kind to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:40 am 

no golf for me this weekend. Stayed in and took care of Lionel who had another surgery Friday to remove tumors.

I think I've played about 40% as much as I played last summer. Haven't been on the course in over a week and had a week and a half off in June. Last 2 years I probably didn't go 3 days off in a row all summer.

Index continues to rise, went up to 10.6 from 10.5.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 pm 

I was under the impression it wasn't going to rain until later in the day yesterday. I got through 7 holes before the skies opened up and
the lightning came. Sat under a shelter for 30 minutes and then decided to play the last two into the clubhouse. Waved the white towel
at that point and went home. By the time I got home the sun had come out and the rain had passed. Oh well, I wasn't hitting the ball
very well this weekend and got to watch a majority of the British on TV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:02 pm 

Skipped golf league and got out at Deerfield late this afternoon. For $33 with a cart there isn't a better deal on the north side. Course was in great shape as always, greens were not fast but not slow, ran very smooth. Played by myself and got around in 2:30, was held up on the back a couple minutes on each hole.

Played the blue combo tees (6120) and had my best career round, 40-36-76. Two rounds removed from a season worst 96. Love the combo tees at Deerfield, they are very fun, but probably not too fair. There's a couple holes where the tees are too far up. Not that I was complaining when i was going for a par 5 in 2 with a 6 iron (missed it). Played the back even for first time ever, choked a bit on 17 when i shanked a sand wedge from 80 yards and ended up with a bogey. Finally putted well for first time all year with only one 3-putt and 7 1-putts, lots of close chips helped with 4 up and downs for par. 50% fairways, but 10 GIR.

Deerfield becoming a special place to me, like Bubba and Augusta. My lowest round ever and site of my hole in one some 32 years ago.

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow and shooting a 93.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Thats nice shooting, shakes. Ill second the niceness of Deerfield. Played there last summer with Furious, and despite my poor play I enjoyed the round.

Breaking 80 is on my bucket list, but im much further away from that now than I was in 2013 and 2014.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:29 am 

I had a pretty excellent alcohol-fueled range session on Saturday after day drinking for the Open Championship. Was able to lose the fade/slice that found its way into my swing.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

103 yesterday at Gleneagles. 0 pars, 0 GIR the last 32 holes I have playes. My game is pathetic right now. I hit a few on the range before and 80% of them were good. Get out to the course, and something happens to my swing and mental game. Its not fun. This is the worst I have played since i started in 2010 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:22 am 

Been hitting the ball solid but the putting has left me a bit. I went out early yesterday and was hitting the ball very well but on the 5th tee my left
foot slipped on my tee shot and something happened with my lower back. Must have pulled some muscles because I almost went down to one
knee after that swing. I'd say about every couple of minutes I'd take a step and feel a twinge in my lower back. Since I was warmed up and
the temps were hot I was able to continue playing. Halfway through the back nine it started to tighten up and I started not being able to finish
my swing and made two double bogeys coming home. Hoping that it heals on its own this week with some ice and taking it easy. It's not a
fun feeling trying to hit a ball and not knowing it you will be fine or feel a shot of pain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
It's not a fun feeling trying to hit a ball and not knowing it you will be fine or feel a shot of pain.

lol, welcome to my world. Golf ain't easy/fun when you are constantly dealing with back pain. Honestly, I think when I play well I'm, pound for pound, one of the best players in the world. 7 spine surgeries, permanent nerve damage in left leg, constant pain...when I break 80 I think that's more impressive than when a healthy pro shoots 65.

I got out twice in the heat this weekend by myself. Saturday at Schaumburg, played well and all I needed to do was go 1 over on the last 4 holes to break 80. Rolled in a 30 footer to save par on 15 followed by textbook par on 16. Got to 17 only needing one par, immediately bogeyed the 17th par 3. 18 is a short par 5, decided to lay up off the tee and almost sliced a 3 hybrid into a trap. Went to hit the 3 hybrid again and pulled it for the first time in weeks, ended up in jail against a fence by the range. Finished with a bogey to shoot 80. Blew a chance to have 2 rounds in a row under 80 for the first time ever.

Played yesterday at Balmoral Woods. Very tough course. Played ok and shot a 85, but struggled down the stretch in the heat. Got to the point wher I screwed up several shots because the club was slipping out of my hand due to the amount of sweat.

Been hanging out at Golfsmith the last few days, got my eye on a new counter weight putter. Anyone wants to buy my slightly beat up Scotty Cameron I'll sell it for cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:56 am 

Pulled the trigger on the new putter, but found one used on ebay which saved me about $150. Should be here Monday, but hoping I get lucky and it shows up on the weekend.

Played in my league last night, my partner couldn't make it so had to play a best ball match vs top team in league by myself. One guy on their team gets 2 strokes per 9, the other guy gets 6. For context I get 6 in the league. Ended up beating them somehow. Shot a 40 and even chipped in for par on 9. They played like crap, but still pretty cool to beat a team like that by myself. My scorecard was all 6s and 4s, kinda weird.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Golfed well again but there really is no need to have a driver in my bag. Right, right, right and more right. I am due to go back for another lesson in the package I got. I am going to tell him no need to work on anything but woods.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:23 am 

shakes wrote:
Pulled the trigger on the new putter, but found one used on ebay which saved me about $150. Should be here Monday, but hoping I get lucky and it shows up on the weekend.

Played in my league last night, my partner couldn't make it so had to play a best ball match vs top team in league by myself. One guy on their team gets 2 strokes per 9, the other guy gets 6. For context I get 6 in the league. Ended up beating them somehow. Shot a 40 and even chipped in for par on 9. They played like crap, but still pretty cool to beat a team like that by myself. My scorecard was all 6s and 4s, kinda weird.

What putter did you get? Back feeling better, even played tennis last night for about 40 minutes. Not sure what the deal with the back was. It has happened before and puts me
on the shelf for like 3-4 days and then fixes itself eventually. I'm going to play a par 3 Saturday with my wife and then get out early Sunday. At that point I will determine whether or
not it is worth it to bring the clubs to northern Minnesota next week. They have a couple top public courses near where I will be staying and thought it was a chance to play them and
get away from my wife's family for 6 hours. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:55 am 

T-Bone wrote:
What putter did you get?

38 inch shaft with counter weight at the top.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next