It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2016 Running Events
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
First event for me of 2016 was the Shamrock Shuffle. It’s very true that peace and happiness can lead to laziness and I gained some weight this offseason. This was the 4th year I’ve run the Shamrock. My worst time ever, but I finished it without walking. 53:11 / Pace of 10:42. Oh well. Hopefully with warmer temps and increased daylight I’ll get to a good routine.

Race to Wrigley is 4/23, but I have a work conflict. Did It last year and it’s a well run event.

Not sure which one will be next.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post subject: Re: 2016 Running Events
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Doing a 5K this Sunday in Oak Park: http://goodliferace.com/

not prepared. my "buddy" was a great high school cross country runner. But that was 40 pounds and 30 years ago. Still, he has experience on his side. He wants to do it under 24 minutes. No way can I do that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
wdelaney72 wrote:
First event for me of 2016 was the Shamrock Shuffle. It’s very true that peace and happiness can lead to laziness and I gained some weight this offseason. This was the 4th year I’ve run the Shamrock. My worst time ever, but I finished it without walking. 53:11 / Pace of 10:42. Oh well. Hopefully with warmer temps and increased daylight I’ll get to a good routine.

Race to Wrigley is 4/23, but I have a work conflict. Did It last year and it’s a well run event.

Not sure which one will be next.

I missed you at the first aid station where I was volunteering :lol: :lol: . Maybe I was busy at the time arguing with the Uber driver who came the wrong way down a one way street and was trying to drive into the race :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
a genius wrote:
I missed you at the first aid station where I was volunteering :lol: :lol: . Maybe I was busy at the time arguing with the Uber driver who came the wrong way down a one way street and was trying to drive into the race :oops:

LOL....for this one I wore the green issued shirt, which is unusual for me. I normally wear some kind of Slayer t-shirt. Add in I'm short, fat and in my 40's with long hair, I'm usually easy to spot. Normally there's a few of us in our group, so i do this to be spotted easily.

Loved. Hated. Never Ignored.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.