It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1168 ... 1542  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

Surprised this gif didn't say July first by mistake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:21 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
One of my favorite twitter follows has discovered July. Worlds colliding!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Don't you see? This world here, this is CH's sanctuary. if @htmlmencken comes into contact with this world, his worlds collide.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

White men celebrate this every year ? Anyone ??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:46 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

White men celebrate this every year ? Anyone ??

Maybe the 5 people who remember who Steve Dahl was.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Are we not allowed to not like disco now?

I really need someone to put a list together.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Was the intent of the cancelation thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

A rural farm boy from the 815 not liking disco?? I’m stunned... stunned I tell you. Looks like someone is proving July’s point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The BLM banner has come down and the book promo is up.

https://twitter.com/JulieDiCaro?ref_src ... r%5Eauthor

I wonder if she actually got a response from Serena.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Soup Kitchen
Well I'm going to pre-order now that I know specifically what this book is about "locker room reporting to Serena Williams and everything in between." I need to know this new information about Meliissa Ludtke's 40-year-old lawsuit that was obtained via Twitter DM's. I'm especially teased by just "Serena Williams" could it be about sexism? her pregnancy? a re-worded Wikipedia page? I don't know if I can wait another 8 months to find out.

And what is this 'everything in between?' Could it be a look at the exploitation of the female athlete's body written by the creator of the Designated Hotter blog? I will enjoy hearing the disadvantages that women athletes face directly from a mother who rooted for a female to pin her son in a high school wrestling match. Can't wait to hear about the abusive online environment at Barstool Sports in a non-bias manner from one of the senior editors at Deadspin.

March 2021 cannot come soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:09 pm 

It would be awesome if there was some plagiarizing accusation or other bullshit that followed the release of the book

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i assume this book is just a complete rehash of stuff she's already written. Like there will be no new information in this book. just a collection of tweets somehow formed into actual sentences and then grouped into paragraphs. that was the actual work she had to do.

Can you imagine the look on the persons face who this was given to to edit like 3 pages in? "hey i'm going to need a few more red pens"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 pm 

Im sure this is old news here but the 2nd result on google to Chicago Fanatics Message Board...

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2018/10/ ... age-board/

JULIE DICARO EXPOSES TOXIC MESSAGE BOARD
By Brandon Contes / October 26, 2018
Women watch sports, women are opinionated and entertaining. Women make successful radio hosts, yet very few are sports radio hosts.

At times women are overlooked, many will not view sportscasting as a viable career option because they don’t see the avenues to get there. Many women are also deterred because they fear receiving backlash for entering what has long been deemed a man’s world. Chicago radio host, Julie DiCaro has again recently brought this to light.

DiCaro, a 15-year lawyer turned media member, has been covering Chicago sports for over a decade, starting with her own blog in 2007. Now an anchor, host and columnist for 670 The Score, DiCaro has worked to expose how common it is for women sports media members to be harassed online.

Earlier this week, DiCaro stumbled on the website chicagofanatics.com, an older forum messaging board style website. The radio host found a board titled, “Julie DiCaro!!!” and quickly saw it contained, not 756 comments, but 756 pages (since increased to 800 after she publicized it) of comments, the bulk of which were harassing, mean-spirited and derogatory.

After sharing the board on Twitter, the anonymous website admin soon responded.

“Your thread has nearly 23k posts and is by far the most popular thread in the nearly 20 year history of our site. That says a lot about your popularity and above how passionate our members are.” wrote @ChiFanatics in an attempt to diffuse the issue. Unfortunately the passion of the website’s members is poorly directed.

“Why highlight it?” Another Twitter user, not affiliated with the website wrote to DiCaro. “What benefit do you get? Does playing the victim benefit your career? I’ve never posted about it, but from when I listened I didn’t particularly think you’re great at your job either. Have you ever reflected on why so many people don’t like you?” …As if the despicable personal insults are warranted.

DiCaro took to medium.com where she directed her own passion more appropriately, sharing with everyone the inability of many people to accept women into the world of sports.

“Why do sites like this exist? Why do people like this exist? Why do people obsess over everything a person says and does simply because they are on the radio?” wrote DiCaro.

“Frightening women and lying about women and trying to drag women down into the muck will continue to be sport for a certain kind of man. But please don’t be a part of it. You can choose not to be part of it,” she added.

This is not the first time DiCaro publicized hateful comments directed toward her and other women in sports. In 2016, DiCaro and Sarah Spain of ESPN posted a powerful video of men reading actual Tweets containing hard to imagine deprecating comments directed at the female hosts, titled #MoreThanMean. The YouTube video has since amassed over 4.5 million views.

There is a certain amount of criticism that is expected when entering the public eye, but personal, vile attacks such as those many women in sports receive, shouldn’t be said to anyone, let alone become a common daily occurrence.

Brandon Contes is a freelance writer for BSM. He can be found on Twitter @BrandonContes. To reach him by email click here.

Brandon Contes
https://barrettsportsmedia.com

Brandon Contes is BSM’s lead reporter for sports radio and television news. You can find him on Twitter @BrandonContes or reach him by email at Brandon.Contes@gmail.com.

See author's posts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Pfft.

That's 500 pages ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
Earlier this week, DiCaro stumbled on the website chicagofanatics.com

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:05 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Pfft.

That's 500 pages ago.

And 40,000 Frank posts ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:07 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Quote:
Earlier this week, DiCaro stumbled on the website chicagofanatics.com

She thought it was a stair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
July has been completely silent on the recent string of a particularly ugly brand of bigotry from a group of people that includes well-known athletes and celebrities. I wonder why?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sure this is old news here but the 2nd result on google to Chicago Fanatics Message Board...

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2018/10/ ... age-board/

JULIE DICARO EXPOSES TOXIC MESSAGE BOARD
By Brandon Contes / October 26, 2018
Women watch sports, women are opinionated and entertaining. Women make successful radio hosts, yet very few are sports radio hosts.

At times women are overlooked, many will not view sportscasting as a viable career option because they don’t see the avenues to get there. Many women are also deterred because they fear receiving backlash for entering what has long been deemed a man’s world. Chicago radio host, Julie DiCaro has again recently brought this to light.

DiCaro, a 15-year lawyer turned media member, has been covering Chicago sports for over a decade, starting with her own blog in 2007. Now an anchor, host and columnist for 670 The Score, DiCaro has worked to expose how common it is for women sports media members to be harassed online.

Earlier this week, DiCaro stumbled on the website chicagofanatics.com, an older forum messaging board style website. The radio host found a board titled, “Julie DiCaro!!!” and quickly saw it contained, not 756 comments, but 756 pages (since increased to 800 after she publicized it) of comments, the bulk of which were harassing, mean-spirited and derogatory.

After sharing the board on Twitter, the anonymous website admin soon responded.

“Your thread has nearly 23k posts and is by far the most popular thread in the nearly 20 year history of our site. That says a lot about your popularity and above how passionate our members are.” wrote @ChiFanatics in an attempt to diffuse the issue. Unfortunately the passion of the website’s members is poorly directed.

“Why highlight it?” Another Twitter user, not affiliated with the website wrote to DiCaro. “What benefit do you get? Does playing the victim benefit your career? I’ve never posted about it, but from when I listened I didn’t particularly think you’re great at your job either. Have you ever reflected on why so many people don’t like you?” …As if the despicable personal insults are warranted.

DiCaro took to medium.com where she directed her own passion more appropriately, sharing with everyone the inability of many people to accept women into the world of sports.

“Why do sites like this exist? Why do people like this exist? Why do people obsess over everything a person says and does simply because they are on the radio?” wrote DiCaro.

“Frightening women and lying about women and trying to drag women down into the muck will continue to be sport for a certain kind of man. But please don’t be a part of it. You can choose not to be part of it,” she added.

This is not the first time DiCaro publicized hateful comments directed toward her and other women in sports. In 2016, DiCaro and Sarah Spain of ESPN posted a powerful video of men reading actual Tweets containing hard to imagine deprecating comments directed at the female hosts, titled #MoreThanMean. The YouTube video has since amassed over 4.5 million views.

There is a certain amount of criticism that is expected when entering the public eye, but personal, vile attacks such as those many women in sports receive, shouldn’t be said to anyone, let alone become a common daily occurrence.

Brandon Contes is a freelance writer for BSM. He can be found on Twitter @BrandonContes. To reach him by email click here.

Brandon Contes
https://barrettsportsmedia.com

Brandon Contes is BSM’s lead reporter for sports radio and television news. You can find him on Twitter @BrandonContes or reach him by email at Brandon.Contes@gmail.com.

See author's posts

We go attack the guys too, Julie.

It has nothing to do with you being a women. Don't be stupid. Don't be evil. And we won't talk about you. It's on you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:45 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
July has been completely silent on the recent string of a particularly ugly brand of bigotry from a group of people that includes well-known athletes and celebrities. I wonder why?

It’s strange because I see a lot of left blue check marks on there RTing the Kareem Abdul Jabbar article, you’d think she could even do something as easy as that with a vapid THIS. just as a CYA thing if nothing else, given that her and her colleagues are constantly monitoring each other’s every take

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

It’s strange because I see a lot of left blue check marks on there RTing the Kareem Abdul Jabbar article, you’d think she could even do something as easy as that with a vapid THIS. just as a CYA thing if nothing else, given that her and her colleagues are constantly monitoring each other’s every take

Well her dad is on his deathbed or something .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:21 pm 

Everyone on Twitter with a blue check mark isn’t able to tweet currently due to a hacker. Would be hilarious if it lasted for days although I’m not hopeful

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Everyone on Twitter with a blue check mark isn’t able to tweet currently due to a hacker. Would be hilarious if it lasted for days although I’m not hopeful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Twitter is good again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:11 pm 

Tags wrong organization she is pissed at.

then does it again just now.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:13 pm 

Her incompetence is easily her most endearing trait

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:

Her incompetence is easily her most endearing trait

Nah, it's still her lack of self awareness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:37 pm 

She's been there like a month and has routinely, publicly embarrassed them already, but I'm sure they are taking her disgust very seriously

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How does anyone "routinely" violate brand new rules?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Her bosses disgust her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1168 ... 1542  Next