It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 1530  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
She's right though. It's stupid to call it girly, and doubly stupid because the Warriors are good.

But she isn't really right. There's a reason why if you punch your wife we think you're a monster and if your wife punches you we shrug and maybe giggle about it. Vive la difference!

You've been consistent on this opinion for many years running. It is amazing that people are trying to change what are obvious physical differences between the average male and the average female. It's like in the name of political correctness we want to ignore reality. Sure there's plenty of cultural stuff, guys wear suits and women wear dresses, but from a purely physical standpoint there differences that can't be denied and won't soon change.

I recall one of my sixth grade football teammates named Eric who was one of the baddest guys in school. I asked him one day if he thought any woman on the planet could beat him up. He stared at me for a second with obvious shock at why I would even consider such a thing. Then he simply said, "no".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
She's right though. It's stupid to call it girly, and doubly stupid because the Warriors are good.

But she isn't really right. There's a reason why if you punch your wife we think you're a monster and if your wife punches you we shrug and maybe giggle about it. Vive la difference!

You've been consistent on this opinion for many years running. It is amazing that people are trying to change what are obvious physical differences between the average male and the average female. It's like in the name of political correctness we want to ignore reality. Sure there's plenty of cultural stuff, guys wear suits and women wear dresses, but from a purely physical standpoint there differences that can't be denied and won't soon change.

I recall one of my sixth grade football teammates named Eric who was one of the baddest guys in school. I asked him one day if he thought any woman on the planet could beat him up. He stared at me for a second with obvious shock at why I would even consider such a thing. Then he simply said, "no".

Linda Carter and Lindsay Wagner would've whipped his ass.

Eric.

Loser.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 pm 

Eric was a stud. And unlike your typical football douche, he was actually a great guy. We used to call him Viking because of his heritage (he looked like Thor). Ironically, we played for the Schaumburg Vikings in 8th grade. Oh the irony. And hell yeah, those women would have whooped his ass.

I think SSA travel went Trojans, Knights, and then Vikings. Eric and I ended up at Conant, and we beat Schaumburg (Saxons) High School in pretty much every sport. Long live the James B Conant Cougars!

Last edited by denisdman on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Yeah, some things are simply fashion, but the idea that there is no connection between sex and gender is incorrect. And gender dysphoria is a real condition that can be diagnosed. And it has nothing to do with hipsters who want to "present" as the opposite sex and claim some made up bullshit like "gender fluidity". If gender and sex are totally unrelated, why would there ever be any reason for sexual reassignment?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:24 pm 

I've always appreciated the way you approached this subject. I, and I think you too, believe in equality of the sexes in terms of treating one another the same way. But we recognize that men are going to run faster than women in 100 meter dash. If we wanted true equality in all aspects of life, then we wouldn't have boys and girls sports.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
I've always appreciated the way you approached this subject. I, and I think you too, believe in equality of the sexes in terms of treating one another the same way. But we recognize that men are going to run faster than women in 100 meter dash. If we wanted true equality in all aspects of life, then we wouldn't have boys and girls sports.

Yeah, with regard to sports, women should understand that very few of them would be able to compete in a pure unrestricted meritocracy. The U.S. women's soccer team is currently doing a lot of whining about their pay. Maybe they have a legitimate beef if they bring in more money than the men. I could support their viewpoint if that's the case. But for Carli Lloyd to insist she should get paid the same amount as a man based upon her abilities, well then she should compete on the field with that man.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
lets get back on topic, I want to hear more about the Eric, the greatest 6th grade football player and person of Nordic lineage of all time!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:41 pm 

shakes wrote:
lets get back on topic, I want to hear more about the Eric, the greatest 6th grade football player and person of Nordic lineage of all time!

I thought some might like that story. I think I brought it up to Eric in the context of those women on American Gladiators. They would have kicked his ass. But we liked to tease our Viking friend. He was of good stock and a hell of a running back. We did win the National Junior Super Bowl in Orlando one of those years for the Schaumburg Trojans. I still have the DH article to prove it! 14-0 baby.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:53 pm 

Nobody named Eric has ever been worth a damn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Shakeys
Gigantic red tweeted that are long municipal nightmare is over, but Toews is going on I R. Think I'm going to blame her for reporting he was back and healthy.
Why?
Because she will get mad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:10 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Sure you don't want to make an exception for ones that own hatchbacks?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

They are the worst of them all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:13 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
denisdman wrote:
Eric was a stud. And unlike your typical football douche, he was actually a great guy. We used to call him Viking because of his heritage (he looked like Thor). Ironically, we played for the Schaumburg Vikings in 8th grade. Oh the irony. And hell yeah, those women would have whooped his ass.

I think SSA travel went Trojans, Knights, and then Vikings. Eric and I ended up at Conant, and we beat Schaumburg (Saxons) High School in pretty much every sport. Long live the James B Conant Cougars!

San Dimas High School Football Rules!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Pretty good rebuttal to the entire More Than Mean video bs: https://youtu.be/ymkwdf7XPKc

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Word.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:15 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Pretty good rebuttal to the entire More Than Mean video bs: https://youtu.be/ymkwdf7XPKc

Great find. She is a true feminist.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's

Sharp lady, she even made that video 2 years before fatty made hers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:21 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This guy gets it.

Um yeah rigggghhhhtt I am going to have to disagree with you there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

look at the bottom of her chair!

:lol: :lol:

Julie is approaching late stage Orson Welles/Brando territory. And in no way do I mean talent.

Julie in that dress, its like im looking at a side of the Sears Tower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
W_Z wrote:

Great find. She is a true feminist.

Superb. This needs 10 million views.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/us/baby-i ... d=31861279

Quote:
(CNN)A couple from Minnesota has re-imagined the classic Christmas song "Baby It's Cold Outside" for a 21st-century audience, changing the song's lyrics to emphasize the importance of consent.

Singer-songwriters Lydia Liza and Josiah Lemanski, both from Minneapolis, said they were inspired to rework the song after bonding over a mutual dislike of the original's lyrics, which were penned in 1944 by Frank Loesser. The duet features a man trying to dissuade a woman from leaving a party despite her repeated protestations that she has to go home. "What's in this drink?" is one of the female lines. "What's the sense in hurtin' my pride?" implores the male voice.

The song's seeming disregard for the woman's desire to leave never sat well with Lemanski or Liza.

"I've always had a big problem with the song. It's so aggressive and inappropriate," said Lemanski, 25.

Liza, 22, said she felt the same way as her boyfriend.

:lol: "I think this is offensive to women and I knew I had to take action," says man. "Yeah me too," says woman.

Quote:
"I ought to say no, no, no," sings Liza.

"You reserve the right to say no," croons Lemanski.

And as for that dubious "What's in this drink?" line. It's still there. Except, in the new version, the question is actually answered -- by Lemanski, who responds with the oh-so-now ""Pomegranate La Croix" (obviously).

"I thought we were just doing like a really good, cool, funny thing and it just felt right," Liza said.

You thought wrong, it's not cool or funny at all. Yeah, the original song is really rapey at face value, but the whole reason for the song's place in holiday Americana is that Sammy or Dean were cool enough to pull it off and make it sound not rapey. It's not a new song; why do people act like they've just found the Rosetta Stone? On the other hand, the male half of this dimestore Pomplemoose talking about how Totally Cool he is with everything sounds more suspicious than anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
the male half of this dimestore Pomplemoose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:40 am 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

look at the bottom of her chair!

Julie is approaching late stage Orson Welles/Brando territory. And in no way do I mean talent.

Julie in that dress, its like im looking at a side of the Sears Tower

HAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 pm 

What the hell is the point of this article? Can anyone make heads or tails of it re: Kane?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... olumn.html

Quote:
A recent article in Crain's Chicago Business discussed Blackhawks star Patrick Kane's reputation "turnaround" since facing allegations of sexual assault last year.

No charges were brought last November, and the evidence that he has repaired his image was presented as such: Kane had an outstanding season, he renewed an endorsement deal with a sports drink company and a marketing metric shows his likability rating rose among fans.

All of that is accurate and interesting information. But it's not the full story.

Nine paragraphs after analyzing male fans' positive views of Kane, the same article states that women hold a more unfavorable view of him. The article notes his Q score shows that 17 percent of female respondents have a negative view of him. That's up from 12 percent.

So not all fans are back to embracing Kane. The tone-deaf analysis is another example of dismissing female fans' investment in sports.

Teams and leagues shouldn't continue to hope female fans have short memories when it comes to players who are accused of committing acts of sexual and domestic violence against women, but that is what still happens.

I don't get it. The Blackhawks weren't saying Kane has turned around his image, it was an article in Crain's Chicago Business. And he decidedly hasn't turned around his image after the likely-false allegations because people who desperately want to believe he is guilty despite the evidence (like DiCaro and Ryan) still think negatively of him?

Finally, and for the millionth time, what exactly are teams/fans/reporters supposed to do? No charges were filed, the DA came out and heavily implied the accuser made it all up, and he went on to have an MVP season after someone, again likely, actively tried to ruin his reputation for money. When are the Blachawks allowed to sell Kane jerseys again, or admit people into the stadium to watch him play? When are fans allowed to buy those jerseys and tickets? Are we supposed to bring up these likely-false allegations every time we discuss Kane in any form? Oh, that's right, Shannon and Julie don't want us to discuss THAT part of the allegations, just that they, for a time, existed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm 

There is no point to it.

It's more stupidity from dumb people.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Curious Hair wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/us/baby-its-cold-outside-cover-trnd/index.html?sr=fbCNN120316baby-its-cold-outside-cover-trnd1233AMStoryLink&linkId=31861279
You thought wrong, it's not cool or funny at all. Yeah, the original song is really rapey at face value, but the whole reason for the song's place in holiday Americana is that Sammy or Dean were cool enough to pull it off and make it sound not rapey.

My favorite rendition is JD & Turk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAGCZMQUeXo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:39 am 
Middle of page 2?? Unacceptable!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Shakeys
If you want to be fat, be fat. If you want to be fat and talk about eating things that will make you fatter. Expect some backlash. It's not cute to talk about shoving cupcakes into your goddamn beefvillage of a body.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277 ... 1530  Next