It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Hope it gets worse LOL
Listeners everywhere are cheering !!!
-----

Julie DiCaro‏Verified account @JulieDiCaro · 2h2 hours ago

Missing my own show today because I got the flu on the last day of flu season. At least I have my #Cubs to keep me company.

I didn't realize flu season was so well-defined.

It's not. This is a typical female complaint factory production line.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
maybe a female gave her the flu, then it's ok.... otherwise some man gave her the flu while mansplaining... omg, just the worst #morethansick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
She called in sick to her show then spent her entire evening on Twitter. Good look.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
She talks about her rape in Mexico A LOT. It almost has a weird, guilty pleasure vibe to it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:55 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
She talks about her rape in Mexico A LOT. It almost has a weird, guilty pleasure vibe to it.

She laid back and enjoyed it.....in her dreams anyway since it never actually happened

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:

She fucked up a few months back and said she was raped in America, hard to remember the details when you are full of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
She called in sick to her show then spent her entire evening on Twitter. Good look.

Still not as bad as when she claimed that she had a migraine, but was on Twitter all day. If you have a migraine, you aren't staring at a screen all day.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Just take a look at this. This is just a twitter search of Julie's account showing every tweet of hers containing either the word "rape" or "rapist".

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... pd&lang=en

I must've scrolled through 100+ tweets, and I'm only in May of last year. How can someone live their life like this?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Just take a look at this. This is just a twitter search of Julie's account showing every tweet of hers containing either the word "rape" or "rapist".

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... pd&lang=en

I must've scrolled through 100+ tweets, and I'm only in May of last year. How can someone live their life like this?

I agree, how can someone live their life scrolling through hundreds of Julie rape tweets :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Big Gunt wrote:
Julie DiCaro‏Verified account
@JulieDiCaro

Replying to @AlexontheMic @Lucky1Trey
I partied with my rapist before and AFTER he raped me.

You know, I never went in with the "Julie made up her rape story" theory. I entertained it, but dismissed it almost entirely as plausible given her personality, but incredibly unlikely. I mean, who could be so dastardly as to create an entire brand around an event concocted from whole cloth? I may be beginning to revisit that decision.

Except for this...
julie wrote:
That was it. When it was over, I called him a "drunken ass" and went back to my hotel. He went back to his. I didn't tell anyone. I didn't tell my best friend, or the girls I was traveling with. I certainly didn't tell my brother, who was staying in the same hotel. The next day, I went on with spring break as if nothing happened.

Thanks to wz for finding her original came rape story.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Big Gunt wrote:
Julie DiCaro‏Verified account
@JulieDiCaro

Replying to @AlexontheMic @Lucky1Trey
I partied with my rapist before and AFTER he raped me.

You know, I never went in with the "Julie made up her rape story" theory. I entertained it, but dismissed it almost entirely as plausible given her personality, but incredibly unlikely. I mean, who could be so dastardly as to create an entire brand around an event concocted from whole cloth? I may be beginning to revisit that decision.

Except for this...
julie wrote:
That was it. When it was over, I called him a "drunken ass" and went back to my hotel. He went back to his. I didn't tell anyone. I didn't tell my best friend, or the girls I was traveling with. I certainly didn't tell my brother, who was staying in the same hotel. The next day, I went on with spring break as if nothing happened.

Thanks to wz for finding her original came rape story.

She is a liar liar (big red) pants on fire

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
She never says they partied together on the same night after her rape.

She says "before and after", meaning before that night and after that night.

At least that's how I read it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Terry's Peeps wrote:
She never says they partied together on the same night after her rape.

She says "before and after", meaning before that night and after that night.

At least that's how I read it.

It's not unusual that this is the very first time it's been mentioned that she saw him again after that night? Not just that she saw him.... That she partied with him?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
MANY things about Julie are unusual.

Don't think she lied about her rape.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Julie DiCaro wrote:

My Astoundingly Typical Rape

My rape was astoundingly typical.

I wasn't forced into an alley or attacked by a stranger in my home. I wasn't beaten up, I wasn't threatened, I didn't get pregnant as a result.

My rape was like most rapes: I was in college. I was drunk. I left a spring break "foam party" with an army officer who was also in Cancun on spring break. We went to the beach. Things started getting out of hand. I said "stop." Repeatedly. He didn't. I remember quietly saying "help" as two guys ran by, laughing, and took a picture.

At the time, keeping my rape a secret seemed like such a no-brainer. What was I doing to tell the police? That I got drunk and left a party with a guy I didn't know? What would they think of me? Would they even prosecute a case that like? What would I tell my parents? I certainly hadn't behaved in the manner befitting a good girl, a college honors student, from a small Midwestern town. No, I would undoubtedly be told that I was responsible for what had happened to me. The police would laugh at me, or worse, not believe me. Better just to keep quiet. In fact, most of my friends are probably surprised that they're hearing of this for the first time.

I moved on with my life. I went back to school. I applied to law school. I went on to become a public defender and spent time defending people who were accused of crimes -- often men who were accused of rape. So you see, it's not that my judgment was so skewed by my own experience that I couldn't be objective. Or that I wasn't willing to ensure rapists got a fair trial, even if I believed them guilty.

My rape didn't ruin my life. It didn't hollow me out like it does so many women. In that regard, I was lucky. I was full of rage, but I got over it. Eventually.

Given that I'm no shrinking violet, those who now know about my rape are surprised that I didn't stand up for myself, that I didn't scream bloody murder from the rooftops until the guy was behind bars. The only explanation I have is that I was one girl. One very young girl -- and my immediate assumption was that I would be "up against" several adult men. It never occurred to me that I might tell them my story and they would believe me. From the beginning, my assumption was that they would side with my rapist, and it would be my job to convince them otherwise. I suppose I believed this based on everything I'd heard men say about women and "date rape" during my formative years.

Many of us, male and female alike, were appalled, though not shocked, by the news that Florida State Quarterback Jameis Winston would not be charged with sexual assault, despite the fact that the prosecutor seemed to believe that a crime occurred. Throughout the press conference, he referred to the accuser as "the victim," and was clear that he felt he couldn't get a conviction, not that he was convinced a crime had not taken place.

Which brings me to my point. Having spent many years in criminal court, I'm familiar with prosecutors' love and adoration for their conviction rate. Many prosecutors won't take a case to trial unless it's a slam dunk winner. Sadly, real life is not CSI, and slam dunk cases with rock solid evidence don't exist much of the time. In those cases, if the prosecution believes a crime took place, they are supposed to do advocate for the victim, let the victim tell her story, and let the jury decide who is telling the truth. It is NOT their job to only take cases to trial where they look like superstar prosecutors so they can get re-elected.

It seems every time we have a case where a woman accuses a high profile athlete of rape, we get the inevitable we "we just couldn't prove it" press conference. Where are the prosecutors who say "I believe my witness, we're moving forward, and we'll let the jury decide Let the chips fall where they may"? THAT's what prosecutors are supposed to do. Seek justice. Not just win cases. Newsflash: Many woman get raped when they're drinking. Many rape victims are not virgins walking home from church. Some of us foolishly put ourselves in situations that we should not have. But the penalty for stupidity is not rape.

I don't know what happened between Jameis Winston and his accuser. I do know that, after a woman is raped, the prospect of a police interrogation and cross-examination second-guessing your behavior is paralyzing frightening. So frightening in fact, that many of us choose to keep quiet. And I know that every time we see one of these "we can't prove it" press conferences, it confirms what many of us believe: That unless there are severe injuries and/or witnesses to your rape, you might as well not even bother reporting it.

Julie DiCaro is a recovering attorney who writes about sports and helps bloggers reach a wider audience. She founded the Aerys Sports Network, a sports blog network entirely written by women, in 2011.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Terry's Peeps wrote:
MANY things about Julie are unusual.

Don't think she lied about her rape.

I read it how peeps did. i might be wrong but I don't find that part of the story all that unusual.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Her story sounds like an awkward hookup. It does not sound like a violent predator had his way with her.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 am 

The lie of that story is the depth of her time as a lawyer and her knowledge about prosecutors.

She wouldn't like a world where they "charge them all" and let a jury decide who is guilty.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
So as she was being raped on the beach two other guys walked by, laughed and took a picture of it? Another entry into the this only happens to Julie files.

It's impossible to say what really happened, but memories are often inaccurate or framed by the present state of mind that you are in. And drunken memories are exceptionally spotty. I would have to imagine that if you constantly read feminist literature about rape culture that it would be pretty easy to frame a bad hook-up as a rape after the fact even if it was consensual. Lena Dunham says she wishes that she had an abortion, and Julie desperately wants to be this feminist voice.

At the same time most of her story is not that unbelievable, but given her constant desire for attention and tendency to exaggerate it does give you doubts on if this exactly how it happened. If I knew nothing else about her I would probably tend to believe her.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Mon May 01, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Is it possible that she was totally into the beach sex, until the guy blew his load before she climaxed? Now it's rape.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:31 am 

So as she was being raped on the beach two other guys walked by, laughed and took a picture of it? Another entry into the this only happens to Julie files.

It's impossible to say what really happened, but memories are often inaccurate or framed by the present state of mind that you are in. And drunken memories are exceptionally spotty. I would have to imagine that if you constantly read feminist literature about rape culture that it would be pretty easy to frame a bad hook-up as a rape after the fact even if it was consensual. Lean Dunham says she wishes that she had an abortion, and Julie desperately wants to be this feminist voice.

At the same time most of her story is not that unbelievable, but given her constant desire for attention and tendency to exaggerate it does give you doubts on if this exactly how it happened. If I knew nothing else about her I would probably tend to believe her.

Holy shit, people can totally get us confused :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Lean Dunham says she wishes that she had an abortion, and Julie desperately wants to be this feminist voice.

Board roll call, who's going

http://www.jamusa.com/event/1477391-len ... t-chicago/

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Lean Dunham says she wishes that she had an abortion, and Julie desperately wants to be this feminist voice.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is it possible that she was totally into the beach sex, until the guy blew his load before she climaxed? Now it's rape.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza

It's impossible to say what really happened, but memories are often inaccurate or framed by the present state of mind that you are in. And drunken memories are exceptionally spotty. I would have to imagine that if you constantly read feminist literature about rape culture that it would be pretty easy to frame a bad hook-up as a rape after the fact even if it was consensual. Lean Dunham says she wishes that she had an abortion, and Julie desperately wants to be this feminist voice.

Holy shit, people can totally get us confused :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
FrankDrebin wrote:
Julie DiCaro wrote:

It seems every time we have a case where a woman accuses a high profile athlete of rape, we get the inevitable we "we just couldn't prove it" press conference. Where are the prosecutors who say "I believe my witness, we're moving forward, and we'll let the jury decide Let the chips fall where they may"? THAT's what prosecutors are supposed to do. Seek justice. Not just win cases. Newsflash: Many woman get raped when they're drinking. Many rape victims are not virgins walking home from church. Some of us foolishly put ourselves in situations that we should not have. But the penalty for stupidity is not rape.

Give me a break.

1. She admits being drunk. Right off the bat, there is going to be little chance of success when you concede you were not in a clear state of mind. She also said he was drunk.
2. She admits there were witnesses, or should I say "potential" witnesses. Yet she chose not to take any actions to alert them there was a rape occurring or that she was being attacked.
3. She apparently made no effort to fight, to claw, to punch, to create some evidence that a struggle had taken place. She admits that at no time was she threatened by the guy.
4. She admits to not telling anyone afterwards.
5. She admits to continuing her spring break as though nothing happened (I'm not sure whether this included "partying" with her "attacker" or if that was something else).

"From the beginning, my assumption was that they would side with my rapist, and it would be my job to convince them otherwise. I suppose I believed this based on everything I'd heard men say about women and "date rape" during my formative years."

Yes, it IS your job to convince them otherwise. Are you (were you) a fucking lawyer or not?

I don't know how old she was at the time, but I do think it's possible part of her reluctance to make an accusation was due to her drinking (not being drunk, but being under 21). I think if the legal age were reduced to 18, more women would come forward right away without worrying they would get in legal trouble for being underage.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Julie DiCaro wrote:

Where are the prosecutors who say "I believe my witness, we're moving forward, and we'll let the jury decide Let the chips fall where they may"? THAT's what prosecutors are supposed to do.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not what prosecutors are supposed to do. They're supposed to use their judgment regarding whether they have a case they can prosecute successfully and if they clearly do not they're not supposed to waste the taxpayers' money.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous

It's impossible to say what really happened, but memories are often inaccurate or framed by the present state of mind that you are in. And drunken memories are exceptionally spotty. I would have to imagine that if you constantly read feminist literature about rape culture that it would be pretty easy to frame a bad hook-up as a rape after the fact even if it was consensual. Lena Dunham says she wishes that she had an abortion, and Julie desperately wants to be this feminist voice.

I can only imagine they were laughing at the guy for winning the hogger contest.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Julie DiCaro wrote:

Where are the prosecutors who say "I believe my witness, we're moving forward, and we'll let the jury decide Let the chips fall where they may"? THAT's what prosecutors are supposed to do.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not what prosecutors are supposed to do. They're supposed to use their judgment regarding whether they have a case they can prosecute successfully and if they clearly do not they're not supposed to waste the taxpayers' money.

What she is describing is exactly what Mike Nifong did. "I don't care what the evidence is, I believe my witness, let's go get these kids". That is most certainly not his charge, and is precisely why he was disbarred, and why Julie is on the inactive list.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Julie DiCaro wrote:

What she is describing is exactly what Mike Nifong did. "I don't care what the evidence is, I believe my witness, let's go get these kids". That is most certainly not his charge, and is precisely why he was disbarred, and why Julie is on the inactive list.

What Nifong did was worse than that. What he did is have exculpatory evidence that should've ended the case right then and there and buried it.

Quite the opposite of the Kane case where Sedita had such evidence and turned it over to the defense attorney as he should have. Then the lying bitch Hayley Pandolfi knew it was falling apart so she pulled the bag hoax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409 ... 1523  Next