It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531, 1532, 1533, 1534 ... 1538  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
we could use a "boob adjustment" on this board, I'll tell you what

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Spaulding wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Not if they are playing the same tees. The men would be hitting short irons into the greens while the women would be hitting long iron or hybrids.

That's what I meant by once out of the tees it should be more or less equal. We can't make a first drive like you all. Maybe on longer holes guys might be at a 1 stroke advantage or so depending on how somebody would have to adjust with irons? That's a question - I don't play golf enough to know.

Spin and shot shape also represent some pretty big differences between the male and female game. The men can hit it higher and spin it more, so they can attack greens with more clubs in their bag knowing the ball will stop. Women, on the other hand, spin it less and have a lower trajectory ball flight, generally speaking, and while that actually aides them in playing in the wind, they can only really go after pins with wedges.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I get it's about dominance, which is why I made mention of the differences in course setups: winning 4 out of 5 on PGA Tour lengths and conditions against a PGA Tour field is, IMO, more dominant than winning 5 of 5 at 6400 yards against a less impressive LPGA field, despite the technical statistical difference. Both are dominant, one just more so than the other, and it is certainly not as clear cut in favor of Korda as July makes it out to be.

I think you are selling LPGA players short. I would venture to guess Nelly and Scottie have very similar handicaps.

Well since they're pros I don't think they technically have handicaps, but I highly doubt that their indexes would be comparable if they actually kept them. I mean, the courses of PGA events always play longer/tougher than the highest course/slope ratings on the scorecard, and Golf.com says that Scheffler was at a +8 or something ridiculous when they calculated his handicap based on his event scores early last year. And on this run he's gotta be in the double digits. Whereas LPGA events are played from basically the white tees of most courses, and some cursory index calculating using Nelly's scores from last week puts her at a +4, and that course played as one of the longest on the LPGA schedule.

Nelly's still great, and I'm a big fan, but I think it is way more dominant to be winning 4 out of 5 on insanely difficult courses against a field where everyone in contention is a +5 or better than it is to win 5 straight from the white tees against a field with maybe one or two other players at a level like Nelly's.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I can't wait until the WNBA season starts so we can say what Caitlin Clark is doing is right up there with anything MJ ever did.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Good to know. I'm glad mentally ill and dubious men are now able to compete in women's sports under title ix. It will be fair and inclusive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Franky T wrote:
I get it's about dominance, which is why I made mention of the differences in course setups: winning 4 out of 5 on PGA Tour lengths and conditions against a PGA Tour field is, IMO, more dominant than winning 5 of 5 at 6400 yards against a less impressive LPGA field, despite the technical statistical difference. Both are dominant, one just more so than the other, and it is certainly not as clear cut in favor of Korda as July makes it out to be.

I think you are selling LPGA players short. I would venture to guess Nelly and Scottie have very similar handicaps.

Well since they're pros I don't think they technically have handicaps, but I highly doubt that their indexes would be comparable if they actually kept them. I mean, the courses of PGA events always play longer/tougher than the highest course/slope ratings on the scorecard, and Golf.com says that Scheffler was at a +8 or something ridiculous when they calculated his handicap based on his event scores early last year. And on this run he's gotta be in the double digits. Whereas LPGA events are played from basically the white tees of most courses, and some cursory index calculating using Nelly's scores from last week puts her at a +4, and that course played as one of the longest on the LPGA schedule.

Nelly's still great, and I'm a big fan, but I think it is way more dominant to be winning 4 out of 5 on insanely difficult courses against a field where everyone in contention is a +5 or better than it is to win 5 straight from the white tees against a field with maybe one or two other players at a level like Nelly's.

While not official because they are pros, most do keep a handicap because they still like to play in their home club events believe it or not. The lowest woman's amateur index is +7.1 right now from what I can see. I'm sure Nelly is at least that given she's the world #1 and all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nelly Korda wouldnt make a cut on the PGA Tour. Its ridiculous to even argue which is more impressive.
Nelly is one of the longer hitters out there on the LPGA. It is not at all ridiculous to argue that with her A game working, she could make a cut at a PGA tournament. She'd never win, but she may be able to finish top 30-40 depending on the course and the field.

That said, the correct line here is Prime Tiger >>> Scheffler's current run >>>>>>> Korda

I'm seeing a graphic that has Nelly's stock driver yardage at 250. There are guys on tour that hit that with their 4 iron, so if she's making a cut at a PGA event it would have to be at a shorter course like Harbour Town or TPC River Highlands, but even that's still 6800 yards.

Quote:
According to the LPGA Tour, Korda's average driving distance in 2024 stands at 264.74 yards (ranked 33).

Again, I'm not saying she, or any LPGA player can compete with the men on the PGA tour. But most of you continually sell the LPGA players short on their ability.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=99632&p=3967057#p3967057

Lexi went 73-69 (E) and missed the cut (-3). Course is in Vegas, but its no slouch at 7200 yards. Given that she is a she, her performance was very respectable.

Its not that much of a long shot to say that one of the top 2-3 LPGA players in the world could give the cutline a run at certain PGA events.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:

Again, I'm not saying she, or any LPGA player can compete with the men on the PGA tour. But most of you continually sell the LPGA players short on their ability.

Well for purposes of this discussion , their ability IS short. July is claiming that one person currently dominating their sport against players of lesser skill on easier courses is well ackshually a better example of dominance than a person dominating the same sport in harder conditions against better players.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:15 pm 

I wonder what Scottie's index would be if he got to play 6400 yard resort courses almost exclusively. Maybe he'll join LIV so we can find out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nelly Korda wouldnt make a cut on the PGA Tour. Its ridiculous to even argue which is more impressive.
Nelly is one of the longer hitters out there on the LPGA. It is not at all ridiculous to argue that with her A game working, she could make a cut at a PGA tournament. She'd never win, but she may be able to finish top 30-40 depending on the course and the field.

That said, the correct line here is Prime Tiger >>> Scheffler's current run >>>>>>> Korda

I'm seeing a graphic that has Nelly's stock driver yardage at 250. There are guys on tour that hit that with their 4 iron, so if she's making a cut at a PGA event it would have to be at a shorter course like Harbour Town or TPC River Highlands, but even that's still 6800 yards.

Quote:
According to the LPGA Tour, Korda's average driving distance in 2024 stands at 264.74 yards (ranked 33).

I must've been looking at an old graphic, but I don't think it's selling anyone's skill short to say that dominance in the PGA tour is more impressive than slightly even more dominance on the LPGA. We've established that the courses and conditions aren't the same, and I really don't think the argument can be made that the field in an LPGA event is comparable in golfing skill to a PGA Tour field.

But I don't think this is a "high school soccer team clowns USWNT in scrimmage" kind of deal, either. LPGA Tour pros are clearly elite golfers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I wonder what Scottie's index would be if he got to play 6400 yard resort courses almost exclusively. Maybe he'll join LIV so we can find out.

what about a miniature course w/ a windmill ? those things are tough

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:29 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Quote:

I must've been looking at an old graphic, but I don't think it's selling anyone's skill short to say that dominance in the PGA tour is more impressive than slightly even more dominance on the LPGA. We've established that the courses and conditions aren't the same, and I really don't think the argument can be made that the field in an LPGA event is comparable in golfing skill to a PGA Tour field.

But I don't think this is a "high school soccer team clowns USWNT in scrimmage" kind of deal, either. LPGA Tour pros are clearly elite golfers.

I don't think you understand how handicapping in golf works. PGA v. LPGA on the same course, playing from the appropriate set of tees wouldn't be the beatdown you think it would.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:31 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Well for purposes of this discussion , their ability IS short. July is claiming that one person currently dominating their sport against players of lesser skill on easier courses is well ackshually a better example of dominance than a person dominating the same sport in harder conditions against better players.

You don't understand high-level golf either -"lesser skill on easier courses" shows you don't have a clue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 pm 

Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You don't understand high-level golf either -"lesser skill on easier courses" shows you don't have a clue.

:lol: I’m pretty confident in saying that Scheffler would literally win every event he entered on the LPGA tour against their players while Nelly Korda wouldnt make a cut on the PGA tour but other than that , you are correct they’re pretty much the same player.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:47 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:

:lol: I’m pretty confident in saying that Scheffler would literally win every event he entered on the LPGA tour against their players while Nelly Korda wouldnt make a cut on the PGA tour but other than that , you are correct they’re pretty much the same player.

I'm not surprised that someone who can't break 100 is missing the point of my argument.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I'm not surprised that someone who can't break 100 is missing the point of my argument.

I fully addressed the " point" you were trying to make and LO of the biggest L's at "insulting" my golf game in order to try and win an internet argument. I'll be on TV plying my wares same time you are champ.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Where’d you play your golf?!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 pm 

Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:

But by your logic shouldn't his handicap make him competitive against LPGA Tour pros? Handicap is all that matters in assessing skill, right? Also, let's see your GHIN, arbiter of good golf.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Where’d you play your golf?!

Pirate's Cove, Wisconsin Dells.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:02 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Quote:

I don't think you understand how handicapping in golf works. PGA v. LPGA on the same course, playing from the appropriate set of tees wouldn't be the beatdown you think it would.

Maybe I don't, but I think any argument that hinges on "LPGA pros would be competitive against a PGA field if the women played from the forward tees" kinda concedes that there is indeed a skill gap between the two.

If you want to say that the LPGA pros have short games arguably on the level of PGA pros, I'd agree.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I played today and shot a 103.

I don’t think I could beat this Nelly lady, even if I were to identify as a trans golfer.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

If?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:10 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I played today and shot a 103.

I don’t think I could beat this Nelly lady, even if I were to identify as a trans golfer.

Could you beat the rapper Nelly?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Sarah Spain

Thrilled to announce some big news!
Via iHeartRadio: “#1 audio company iHeartMedia & Deep Blue Sports + Entertainment [have] announced a new partnership to launch the Women’s Sports Audio Network (WSAN), the first-ever audio platform dedicated exclusively to women’s sports.
The Women’s Sports Audio Network is designed to offer talent and programming year-round with the launch of new daily shows focused on a wide range of sports and commentary from a variety of talent, including leading sports media personality Sarah Spain and WNBA Legend, three-time Olympic gold medalist, Sheryl Swoopes, with more talent to be announced in the coming weeks.
This new partnership with Deep Blue, which is led by agency veteran Laura Correnti as Founder and CEO and WNBA Legend Sue Bird as Chief Strategy Officer, reinforces iHeartMedia’s commitment to accelerate growth in women’s sports by driving equity in coverage, representation, and access to women’s sports every day, everywhere in America through the power of iHeart’s mass reach.”
Show name, launch date & more coming soon!

Will Spain hire July?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Julie DiCaro
@juliedicaro.bsky.social
Hey I used to do draft night coverage on my radio station and I didn't even know the draft was on tonight until earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I fully addressed the " point" you were trying to make and LO of the biggest L's at "insulting" my golf game in order to try and win an internet argument. I'll be on TV plying my wares same time you are champ.

It's called a joke. Lighten up Francis. All that matters is that you have fun, like we do in this little "world" of ours on the internet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Her latest newsletter addresses the apparent problem of people signing up other people for the newsletter. I guess her trolls have been signing up people without their consent. Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 am 

brucester001 wrote:
Sarah Spain

Thrilled to announce some big news!
Via iHeartRadio: “#1 audio company iHeartMedia & Deep Blue Sports + Entertainment [have] announced a new partnership to launch the Women’s Sports Audio Network (WSAN), the first-ever audio platform dedicated exclusively to women’s sports.
The Women’s Sports Audio Network is designed to offer talent and programming year-round with the launch of new daily shows focused on a wide range of sports and commentary from a variety of talent, including leading sports media personality Sarah Spain and WNBA Legend, three-time Olympic gold medalist, Sheryl Swoopes, with more talent to be announced in the coming weeks.
This new partnership with Deep Blue, which is led by agency veteran Laura Correnti as Founder and CEO and WNBA Legend Sue Bird as Chief Strategy Officer, reinforces iHeartMedia’s commitment to accelerate growth in women’s sports by driving equity in coverage, representation, and access to women’s sports every day, everywhere in America through the power of iHeart’s mass reach.”
Show name, launch date & more coming soon!

Will Spain hire July?

Boy does that sound like must listen radio . When it fails will they blame men for not listening to it ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 am 

this'll take off like air america did.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531, 1532, 1533, 1534 ... 1538  Next