It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Don Tiny wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I feel bad for Les having to deal with Herb. Les should send him back to Uber.

Les should do his show while driving for Uber. No callers, just passengers. Have to let Herb sit up front because there's no way Herb's sitting in the back of any vehicle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:23 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Les plugging Friday's M & H Ron Coomer appearance. Then the Coom Dog, Cubs analyst Ron Coomer. Ron will be on about 8:00 today to put the final commas, Ts, dot the Ts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:42 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
after a great weekend of baseball i tune into Les tonight to hear baseball talk but he's got a guest on there talking about DePaul basketball and now college basketball - not even related to the tourney.

someone called saying down state indiana 2 teams evansville and some other team are big rivals, les is basically like fuck you, don't care, this is a chicago station.

nobody gives a shit about college basketball right now unless you're talking about the UCLA/ZAGS game or the final game monday night. i don't want to hear about fucking depaul or what bobby knight did 30 years ago.

talk some baseball god damnit!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 am 

Les talking about Kris Bryant being a 5 tool player.
I'm not making this stuff up.

His key is he's a 4 ply belt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:32 pm 

Busy guy. Les doing podcasts with Schuster.

https://twitter.com/1252_sports/status/ ... 52199?s=21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:01 am 

Last night debating with texters & callers Les didn't believe a tornado hit Rogers Park last year.

Producer- (Reading Google search) There was a report a Rogers Park Birchwood Ave. tornado did hit August 10th 2020.

Les- Did it say what the Richter scale report was on that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:21 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Schuster was always one of those guys who pretended he hated Grober but he always goes back. I think most of the guys at 670 just can't admit they love Les.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:23 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Schuster was always one of those guys who pretended he hated Grober but he always goes back. I think most of the guys at 670 just can't admit they love Les.

Les is the Score's pet poodle the guys throw a squeeze toy down the hallway to, and say "fetch" for entertainment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
blackhawksfan wrote:

Shuster has known Les for almost 45 years.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 am 

A very irritable Les talking about the Cubs having to face the Dodgers Buehler, Kershaw, and Bauer.
"They all put on one shoe at a time."

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 5:07 am 

Les talking baseball.

Batting average is very important. It shows how many times he gets on base.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 am 

Les responds to a texter saying the Tattis/Shields (16-35 5.31) trade rivals the Brock/Brolio (7-19 5.40) trade as worst ever.

No it doesn't. At least Shields gave the White Sox a little work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:03 am 

Speigel called into Les after the Cubs game on his ride home. Les was asked the obligatory "List the the teams you've announced for". Not here so much. Speigel probably just wanted to stay awake . But, all the sports Les has covered over all the years. His opinion is never asked on current Chicago sports. He's seen every MJ playoff game in person but is only asked nostalgically pointed questions. What a pointless career to never be involved in hot topics. Just to be the Score's nostalgia guy, not having a valued opinion on anything. If he was ever asked for his opinion I'm sure he'd deflect it with worn-out nostalgia.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:42 am 

Les received an early call blasting Jason Heyward. Now that Heyward is a sjw Les is really petrified to talk about him. Les brings up last year's stats. Classic Les.

Caller Tom- He just doesn't hit. At one time he was making more money than Mike Trout (2016 & 2017). He makes more than Jose Abreu. I'm really getting tired of people saying how great a guy is. He's overpowered with normal fastballs.
Les- What do you care he's not taking any money out of your pocket.
Les- His fielding percentage last year was 1000 (50 games). If he was the least of your problems on this club don't you think they'd be in pretty good shape?
Caller Tom -- Absolutely not he's the biggest part of the problem. He's an automatic out.
Les- He wasn't an automatic out the last few games. He just returned the other day. (statement is incoherent). He only struck out once yesterday. A lot of Cubs struck out more than he did. Baez 5 runners LOB.
Tom- He (Baez) leads the team in RBIs (39, JH 13)
Les- (Agreeing with texter) Heyward just came off the injured list. Let's just wait and see. I'm not going to quit defending him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
vitoscotti wrote:
Speigel called into Les after the Cubs game on his ride home. Les was asked the obligatory "List the the teams you've announced for". Not here so much. Speigel probably just wanted to stay awake . But, all the sports Les has covered over all the years. His opinion is never asked on current Chicago sports. He's seen every MJ playoff game in person but is only asked nostalgically pointed questions. What a pointless career to never be involved in hot topics. Just to be the Score's nostalgia guy, not having a valued opinion on anything. If he was ever asked for his opinion I'm sure he'd deflect it with worn-out nostalgia.

exactly, right up his alley. too much competition to make statements 'ex cathedra' about today's events - les is more comfortable and commanding talking about what he saw in 1973...no one to really challenge him. les is a boy scout talking about heyward, but he turns into admiral halsey talking about larry gura.

bernstein to follow in apprx. 5-7 years, in a much more woke manner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Is Tom from Hanover Park still alive?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Jesus, I remember Tom from Hangover Park. I first heard him calling Jay Marvin's show on WLS in like 1995. I'd be fucking stunned if he was still alive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Exile on Route 41 wrote:
Jesus, I remember Tom from Hangover Park. I first heard him calling Jay Marvin's show on WLS in like 1995. I'd be fucking stunned if he was still alive

Agreed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 am 

Les last night talking about a Hawks Stanley Cup game with caller Northside Mike.

Mike - You and Shuster were both at that game. Didn't you two share a seat? They had a shortage of seats?

Les- There were plenty of seats. We each had our own seat.

Tom- Sure looked like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:48 am 

Les last night getting beat, and stumbling at the end of his shift talking to a caller.

Caller- Are you still broadcasting from home, or at the studio now?
Les- Yes I am. Still at Elk Grove Village. Still at home. Still at the a...a...a Grobstein "plattoo" or whatever you want to call it.

(Les was trying to think of "chateau". But came up with "plateau". Then mispronounced it "plattoo".)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Sometimes I wonder whether management asked Les to stay remote.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:08 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
Curious Hair wrote:
Sometimes I wonder whether management asked Les to stay remote.

Does make it harder for him to use the Score studio as a toilet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 am 

Caller from Memphis talked about a game he saw that had a big score.

Caller- The score was like a George Carlin comedy bit, with a long mathematical formula.

Les- Yes, George Karl played at North Carolina.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:21 am 

Les talking about Eric Sogard coming in to pitch Monday night against the Brewers.

Once you put a position player in (to pitch) you're basically waving the white towel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:32 am 

Les last night taking about the rule changes in MLB which he doesn't like. It made no sense. Similar to what? Rules are always the same for all teams.

This is all the "homogenization" (the process of making things uniform or similar) of the game of baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Les last night taking about the rule changes in MLB which he doesn't like. It made no sense. Similar to what? Rules are always the same for all teams.

This is all the "homogenization" (the process of making things uniform or similar) of the game of baseball.

Monsoons woke me up. Was Les and Grote going at it last night? The tension is real this morning. Mitch called in 10 minutes ago to make sure things were alright at home with Les.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:02 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Monsoons woke me up. Was Les and Grote going at it last night? The tension is real this morning. Mitch called in 10 minutes ago to make sure things were alright at home with Les.

Grote sees Les as the grandpa clown. He pushes the envelope to see how far he can go with Les.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
vitoscotti wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Grote sees Les as the grandpa clown. He pushes the envelope to see how far he can go with Les.

Okay, so you didn't hear all the yelling from Les last night.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:48 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Grote would give his left nut to have the career Les has had

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Grote would give his left nut to have the career Les has had

What has he done worth being jealous of since the Lujack show ended?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next